• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I worked out with weights again and my arms are sore. I lost a lot of upper body strength.

Edit, these guys are annoying but this is a good video showing why I keep missing the 1 frame vulnerability of ledge grabs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnaXWfUjPTA&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5Q1AR3Z9l549HBoZzpBAz0h&index=5
The hurtbox is below the ledge.
The way they were explaining it, made it sound like it was only Sheik, whose hurtbox appears under the ledge. But that Bebop montage is pretty sick.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Why is it so difficult to find a person with good manners on FG? Is it because I'm Link? Do people hate Link THAT much?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why is it so difficult to find a person with good manners on FG? Is it because I'm Link? Do people hate Link THAT much?
People seem to hate Link but that's not the problem. Online gaming often is a way for kids or trolls to act out unsupervised.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So, I have been doing a lot of thinking and have realized that I have been an asshole for a long time. The ban gave me time to think about a lot of stuff and that I should really mature, especially here. So I apologize and would love to start over after this post.

Now then, what are you guys talking about?

I was actually scared to come here, but you know triforce of courage and all.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
So, I have been doing a lot of thinking and have realized that I have been an ******* for a long time. The ban gave me time to think about a lot of stuff and that I should really mature, especially here. So I apologize and would love to start over after this post.

Now then, what are you guys talking about?

I was actually scared to come here, but you know triforce of courage and all.
I think the triforce of wisdom might be more important for you, just saying.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
People seem to hate Link but that's not the problem. Online gaming often is a way for kids or trolls to act out unsupervised.
This is one of the reasons why I love Link. People say he's bad while they're playing there Captain falcons and Sonics, and then when they get wrecked they get all pissy about it. I love for glory mode so much.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Do you have to say everything in GIF format? Just wondering.
Sorry, I can't help it. That is basically standard over at the Robin Social and no one minds, so it kind of sunk in. Also, it just makes the past funnier. XD

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well that's a given. I'm just pointing out how often he's using them when no one else here really does.
Like I said, I just do it because it's funny and silly and I like things that are funny and silly. Also I can't stop posting them. Literally, I can stop.

I also like GIFs a lot :3

Last edited:

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
The way they were explaining it, made it sound like it was only Sheik, whose hurtbox appears under the ledge. But that Bebop montage is pretty sick.
Hell, to me it seemed like they were actually hitting Sheik before the ledge snap had occurred, just after she'd started to come out from her Up B.

Rizen

Smash Legend
As long as people don't spam gifs needlessly I have no problem with them. Some gifs are clever and a picture is worth a thousand words.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Sorry, I can't help it. That is basically standard over at the Robin Social and no one minds, so it kind of sunk in. Also, it just makes the past funnier. XD
Did you know that "funny" is a relative term. It's subjective, not objective.

Like I said, I just do it because it's funny and silly and I like things that are funny and silly. Also I can't stop posting them. Literally, I can stop.

I also like GIFs a lot :3
Want help with that? We can definitely help you stop.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm really tense all the time and keep holding shield down without realizing it. Link's grab is terrible and it's screwing me up a lot.

Any advice on beating the beast form of master core? I keep taking a ton of damage from it and dieing on the sword form.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I'm really tense all the time and keep holding shield down without realizing it. Link's grab is terrible and it's screwing me up a lot.

Any advice on beating the beast form of master core? I keep taking a ton of damage from it and dieing on the sword form.
Depends what character one general advice is shielding. Just be wary of shielding too much as it does do a decent amount of shield damage. Also if possible some distance between you two the beast has few options at range all of which are easy to see coming. You got his bite. His jump off the screen to land on the other side where you are standing. Or him sending those bolts at you.
Edit:forgot to mention being up close works as well basically right in front or behind him. (Behind him can be risky especially at the edge of the stage)

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409

After you knockout Master Hand/Crazy Hand, wait for Master Beast to materialize a little while you're charging your fsmash. Fair is also a good way to damage it, as you can use both hits or SHFF first hit into shield if needed. Also, Master Beast's attack patterns are all stage based, meaning you can safely avoid damage by jumping off the stage and hang with a tether.
As for Master Blades, you can wait for it to materialize a little, before fully charging an usmash. Also you can Dair>Dair bounce>Uair/Fair before Blades is out of Link's ground hop range.
Also, bombs are good for safely damage on both Beast and Blades, and Gale Boomerang is also somewhat safe against Beast.
Learning the attack patterns of both Beast and Blades will greatly help your survivability.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
After you knockout Master Hand/Crazy Hand, wait for Master Beast to materialize a little while you're charging your fsmash. Fair is also a good way to damage it, as you can use both hits or SHFF first hit into shield if needed. Also, Master Beast's attack patterns are all stage based, meaning you can safely avoid damage by jumping off the stage and hang with a tether.
As for Master Blades, you can wait for it to materialize a little, before fully charging an usmash. Also you can Dair>Dair bounce>Uair/Fair before Blades is out of Link's ground hop range.
Also, bombs are good for safely damage on both Beast and Blades, and Gale Boomerang is also somewhat safe against Beast.
Learning the attack patterns of both Beast and Blades will greatly help your survivability.
After Master Hand/Crazy Hand is Master Giant then Master Beast then Master Blades

Serac

Smash Cadet

If you are in the ground attack whit a tilt or fair then intermediately retreat, in this part you want to be defensive, also using dair to bounce behind it is good just be careful of when it summons the thunder.

ZakYo (Zack Yoshida)

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-0311-2149
Hello guys main link! Today I discovered that space for people who like the Link. Anyone who wants to play on the 3DS with a decent link <(I hope lol) call me! :)

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Basically you want to use all projectiles. Bombs and arrows are a must. Make sure you read the beast movements and switch your projectiles depending on where your current status on the battle field is.

As for sword play, make sure you use forward tilt as you main damaging move!

For sword mode, Dair or links spike is your #1 option. Good luck!

@ZakYo (Zack Yoshida) Hey! welcome! Glad to see a new Link every once in a while. I will battle you. I will leave the room open! Looking forward to our matches! My only rule is no salt, k?

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman

Just roll around a bunch and Spam Usmash. The hardest part imo(besides fortress) is the sword form. Beast is easiest besides your doppelganger.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

URGENT! Watch this video now! We must utilize this tech right now if we want to get anywhere! Once mastered you can gimp foes and get more out of the arrows! @ Rizen Rizen This could also help you with your trouble!

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Edit, that's been around for a long time lol.

I'm trying to beat Classic on 9 without losing a life. It's easy enough to beat but I always lose a life somewhere. Often it's vs Master Core Beast. Sometimes it's stupid bad luck like having a bob-bomb spawn on my Usmash or 8 player smash summon and/or combine 3 items. I've beaten each part without dieing but not the whole run yet.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman

URGENT! Watch this video now! We must utilize this tech right now if we want to get anywhere! Once mastered you can gimp foes and get more out of the arrows! @ Rizen Rizen This could also help you with your trouble!
I'm pretty sure most of us have known about that for awhile. That channel takes relatively well known techs and teaches it to more casual players.

The tech that we should to using more is bombsliding. Watching Link in tourney matches, I rarely, if ever, see anyone employ bombsliding. Which I find quite strange.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I'm pretty sure most of us have known about that for awhile. That channel takes relatively well known techs and teaches it to more casual players.

The tech that we should to using more is bombsliding. Watching Link in tourney matches, I rarely, if ever, see anyone employ bombsliding. Which I find quite strange.
Where can I find this bombsliding? And I hope you don't mean skyward sword.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
He facepalmed because you seem to not like Skyward Sword.
Admittedly I hated rolling the bombs in SS. The only control issue I had with the entire game. My hand always turned and sent the bomb rolling the wrong ****ing way. Eldin Volcano was such a damn ***** because of it.

Top Bottom