• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry watermarks are meant to ruin images but anything on the internet is so easy to copy.
Knowing Sakurai, the chances of Link getting buffed, are about the same as a new Silent Hill game.
I thought the new SH game was going to be Silent Hills.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
My bad. Sorry for the late reply though. Remember, I have very limited acces to the Internet. I'll talk to you guys at around 10:00.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I thought the new SH game was going to be Silent Hills.
Yeah it was, but since Konami let go of Kojima, he loses both the rights to Silent Hill and Metal Gear. Silent Hill is basically cancelled and Metal Gear is probably going to be a clusterf***, now that its creative mind is gone.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
That sucks. The core development team of the composition software I use were all let go around the 7th generation so I haven't upgraded from the 5th generation as reviews are saying the new version is kind of... hollow and uninspired. The team was scooped up by Steinberg(burg?) and are developing a 100% new composition program, though, so I'm super psyched to see what they come up with. No pesky legacy code to deal with, ya know? But I guess I digress.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
@ Naroghin Naroghin I just noticed that you have a pronunciation guide for your name in your sig and I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time...oops :nervous:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
@ Naroghin Naroghin I just noticed that you have a pronunciation guide for your name in your sig and I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time...oops :nervous:
Don't feel too bad, I only recently put it there. I finally realized (after using this as my internet name for almost 15 years now) that most people don't pronounce it according to the intended Tolkienian Elvish, where you pronounce consonances independent of each other. Most people say "NAHR-oh-jihn" or something like that. Used to be most places just shortened it to "Naro" (NAHR-oh) which I accepted as a fitting nick-name of sorts, but it kind of changes the meaning.

Here I go, getting all nerdy on you guys.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Don't feel too bad, I only recently put it there. I finally realized (after using this as my internet name for almost 15 years now) that most people don't pronounce it according to Tolkienian Elvish, where you pronounce consonances independent of each other. Most people say "NAHR-oh-jihn" or something like that. Used to be most places just shortened it to "Naro" (NAHR-oh) which I accepted as a fitting nick-name of sorts, but it kind of changes the meaning.

That's about how I used to pronounce it, except I would use a hard G instead of a soft G. I know how you feel, though. Most people end up pronouncing mine wrong as well. Usually people will pronounce it as "Zĕl-kâm" when it's really "Zĕl-käm". The word it's derived from actually had the diaeresis above the "a" but I dropped it when I created my user name. I've thought about putting it back from time to time, but I dunno if I ever will.

FSK

Smash Ace
Yea its the same with me aswell most people say FSK but its actually Æfff Æssss Kååååå its a sad world we live in brothers :(

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Well... my nick is usually misspronounced as well in english enviroment. It is actually "To-es" instead of "toes" (of the foot).

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Same here, actually. Though the problem really isn't with my nick, but just with the word "Deity" as is god (Though yes, that's pretty conceded of me lol. I was young and stupid back then but for some reason I stuck with the name). It's pronounced "De-it-y", but people just go with "Diet-y" for some reason which makes my name sound sillier than it already is.

Edit: I know I posted way earlier than I said I would. I decided to take a trip to McDonalds lol.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
In supposed to be "Shiny Metal" but after being part of the OCRemix community for years they have officially made it "Shinny Metal" in pronunciation lol

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Don't feel too bad, I only recently put it there. I finally realized (after using this as my internet name for almost 15 years now) that most people don't pronounce it according to the intended Tolkienian Elvish, where you pronounce consonances independent of each other. Most people say "NAHR-oh-jihn" or something like that. Used to be most places just shortened it to "Naro" (NAHR-oh) which I accepted as a fitting nick-name of sorts, but it kind of changes the meaning.

I had the same issue when I played LotRO. My name was Siledhrel, which people shortened to Siled, which assumes the "dh" are separate sounds rather than the single sound Tolkien used them as. Which is how my current name came to be.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Well, he probably won't, but I can dream.

Edit:
Actually, chances are, he'll get nerfed again. "Hmmm, that bomb is looking pretty good, better make it take 5 seconds to take out and do 1% without any hitstun."
Or worst case scenario get rid of Bomb slide. :(

ama99

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on the Splatoon Demo.

- Controls are really great, I preferred having the gyro turned off, but both control schemes were easy to get used to.
- The concept of being able to swim in the ink is really great. Really made the game feel unique
- No off tv play is disappointing, super jump could have been easily mapped to the Dpad. No pro controller support is disappointing as well.
- I really hope the final game has bots you can play against.
- Some people online were really bad, I don't know what those >200 point people were doing the whole match. Its a bit frustrating when you score 700+ points and the rest of your team doesn't pull their weight.
- The sniper can be devastating when used on a vantage point. But it doesn't really do the job of covering the map with ink very well, feels less useful than the other weapons.
- The roller is great, I'm sure it won't be as good in the final game with all the weapons. But in the demo it felt a little OP. I managed to easily get 1200+ points with the roller.
- WHY ONLY ONE HOUR!!!!!!!
- Really, really fun. Funnier than Mario Kart in my opinion. But not nearly as fun as Smash Bros.
- Firefights are really intense. There's a lot more depth than it looks. Hiding in the ink is what really makes it great.
- Got a little repetitive in about 7 matches. Has a bit of Titanfall/Evolve syndrome. Still fun, but I hope the final game has more modes than just the ones announced.
-Presentation is spot on. The graphics are a little jaggy but the art style makes up for it. The main theme is also still stuck in my head, so good.

This was from 2 sessions of the global testfire last night and at around 1 today. Playing the demo definitely made me excited for the game, but I have some additional concerns. I kinda doubt the lasting appeal of this game with so few modes. Hopefully Nintendo's post launch content is really great. Otherwise I can see myself playing this for around 30 hours than dropping it altogether.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
The roller is great, I'm sure it won't be as good in the final game with all the weapons. But in the demo it felt a little OP. I managed to easily get 1200+ points with the roller.
Really? I thought having minimal range capability would be enough to offset its pros.

Hello Links, been a long time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm in a bad mood. I walked over to my mom's house to take care of her cat but freak wind gusts broke my umbrella and I lost my hat.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Smash 64's tier list to Melee's:

Pikachu: High tier (Come on, really...)
Kirby: Bottom tier
Fox: Top tier
Captain Falcon: Top tier
Mario: Mid tier
Yoshi: (Arguable; No answer)
Donkey Kong: Mid tier
Jigglypuf: Top tier
Ness: Low tier
Link: Mid tier
Luigi: High tier
Samus: High tier

Melee's tier list to Brawl's

Fox: Mid tier
Falco: Top tier
Sheik: Low tier
Marth: High tier
Jigglypuff: Bottom tier
Peach: Mid/Low tier
Captain Falcon: Bottom tier
Ice Climbers: Top tier
Dr. Mario: -
Pikachu: Top tier
Samus: Bottom tier
Ganondorf: Bottom tier
Luigi: Bottom tier
Mario: Bottom tier
Young Link: -
Link: Bottom tier
Donkey Kong: Low tier
Yoshi (arguably low placement): Low tier
Zelda: Bottom tier
Roy: -
Mewtwo: -
Game and Watch: High tier
Ness: Low tier
Bowser: Bottom tier
Pichu: -
Kirby: Low tier

Brawl's tier list to Smash 4:

Meta Knight: Bottom tier (Well, that make sense...)
Ice Climbers: -
Olimar: Mid tier (Umm, I guess that's fine.)
Diddy Kong: Top tier (Wait, hold up.)
Marth: Low tier
Snake: -
Falco: Bottom tier
Pikachu: Top tier (wait a sec hasn't he been...)
Zero Suit Samus: Top tier (*facepalm*)
Wario: Low/Mid tier
Lucario: Top tier (WHY THE-)
Dedede: Bottom tier (Please...)
Gay: Mid tier
Wolf: -
Fox: Top tier
Game & Watch: Low tier
Pit: Mid tier
R.O.B.: High tier
Peach: High tier
Kirby: Mid tier
Donkey Kong: High tier
Sonic: Top tier
Ike: Low tier (Why?)
Shelda: -
Sheik: Top tier
Ness: Top tier
Yoshi: Top tier
Luigi: High/Top tier
Charizard: Bottom tier (Seriously what.)
Lucas: -
Mario: High/Top
Samus: Bottom tier (You're kidding me.)
Bowser: High tier
Captain Falcon: Top tier
Link: Low tier (Can't)
Jigglypuff: Mid tier (fathom)
Zelda: Bottom tier (Sakurai's)
Ganondorf: Bottom tier (mind.)

Gotta love that Sakurai! Kappa
Wait, why is Sheik low tier in Brawl?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So, we got through singles today. I'm extremely upset about our issue with elgato which stopped up from streaming. But oh well, at least I'll try to have the replays up.

So, there were 74 participants. @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 won the tournament dropping only the first set of GF vs Nestor who Oblivion had sent to loser's on WF. I made it to a measly 17 going al Link. A Little Mac sent me to loser's (much to my shame) and an Olimar eliminated me in a time out on the third match. I am salty...

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
So, we got through singles today. I'm extremely upset about our issue with elgato which stopped up from streaming. But oh well, at least I'll try to have the replays up.

So, there were 74 participants. @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 won the tournament dropping only the first set of GF vs Nestor who Oblivion had sent to loser's on WF. I made it to a measly 17 going al Link. A Little Mac sent me to loser's (much to my shame) and an Olimar eliminated me in a time out on the third match. I am salty...
17 out of 74 with Link? Not bad dude.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Thanks for the mention! It feels great to win with MK. I can definitely show you how to play against Little Mac. Against Olimar it's a little tricky.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
200th page. Hooray...or something. Though congrats on the win, Oblivion. @ Elessar Elessar You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. That's a pretty awesome placement considering there were 74 contestants.

Top Bottom