• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<( '.' )> Lil' Freedom Fighter! (Videos) - 12/10 Update

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
New stuff.

So i have a buncha videos.
From a low tier singles tourney. Low tier doubles. Friendlies. Just.. loads of videos.

The problem is, im too **** lazy to list them one by one.

So here's the link to my youtube profile
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Dogysamich
there ya go.

And have fun. O_o

Old stuff

Yang came back, we played some more friendlies.

I'm gunna put all of the friendlies in my friendly thread, but here's the best of what happened. >.>

Kirby vs Fox - :49

In yang's defense, he falcon punched the **** outta my zelda earlier.

**update update**
So here's the Kirby goods
All of these are vs Yang, just some friendlies. >.>

vs Fox
vs Link
vs Sheik
vs Marth
vs Pikachu

I also have some teams videos if anybody cares for em, i'll probably throw them in my friendly thread when i update it

___

Old stuff

So, here's some stuff from a low tier tourney i was at. I have good news and bad news.

The good news, i DO indeed have videos.

The bad news, i dont have the good stuff. Infact, i have alot of my kirby gettin trashed. >.>

Ah well.

Dogysamich + Rayku vs Reflex + The Alpha Gundam
Match 2 - Winners Finals
Match 1 - Grand Finals
Match 3 - Grand Finals << HOT KIRBY ON KIRBY ACTION :)

Dogysamich + Rayku vs Sensai + Bloshi
Match 3 - Losers Finals
Match 4 - Losers Finals

vs Desu
Match 1

Vs Yang - Friendlies
vs. Samus - Fountain of Dreams
vs. DK - Final Destination
vs. DK - Pokemon Stadium
vs DK - Fountain of Dreams

Dogysamich vs Rayku - Friendlies

vs Ganon - Fountain of Dreams
vs Fox - Battlefield
Vs Mario - Dreamland 64
vs Mewtwo - Final Destination
vs Fox - Rainbow Cruise

The last one is golden, just cause of the rainbowcide. :-D

Here's a video of me playing kirby in a match, but before I put the link, lemme explain what happened.

____

I'ma doc main (if not obvious by my sig, it really might not be).

This video you are about to watch (read: suffer through) is the last match of the finals. The reason why this happened is

1) Corneria was banned (a good doc stage)
2) I have been hit with enough missles/charge shots that Im aware I need to do something, but they are NOT platform canceled, so I throw FD out.
3) I'm not real sure about taking doc to any other "off" stages, cause I just tried Green Greens and failed miserably.

So, in a "last ditch" effort, I go to Rainbow Cruise, pick kirby, and hope to "Dial 'em up" (for the 1-800-Kirbicide).

____

and here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCm9V28F7M (and for anybody expecting to see anything earth shattering or amazing, just go watch kirby in s64 and save yourself the time. :( )

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
That was pretty good. You definitely went for the inhale too much. And you need to watch that CC d-smash. :p Other than that though not bad. I wouldn't have recommended Kirby against Samus but pretty good regardless.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
First off, im not a fan of the whole "That's not how I play" excuse, cause that video clearly shows me playing (lol)

But i honestly DONT inhale that much. All things considered of the situation considered - i was trying real hard to gimp him, so I know i tried to inhale waaay too much.

No harm in pointing it out there, i appreciate the comment and compliments.

_____

As for kirby on samus, i didnt really like the idea, but i figured I couldnt handle him on FD, and I figured the only other 2ndary that I had that might be worth a **** is Ness, and I dont really know about counter-picking with ness (or vs samus, which was half my problem, lol)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no rainbowcides against samus...BOOOO!!!! you suck, stop playing XD

but anyways, you're a nice kirby player, keep it up, i don't know if it works on samus but you can inhale, swallow into uair, it might work at low percents so try it out

nice tech chasing in some of the vids too

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, that's a lot of new videos. I'ma go watch 'em now. (>'.')>

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
you cant make dsmash come out any faster, its all about timing. Doggy didnt get the attacks out faster than his opponent, he just set himself up for them and got them out before his opponent could stop him.

As for other attacks, there's this thing called L-canceling, you should learn it.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
you cant make dsmash come out any faster, its all about timing. Doggy didnt get the attacks out faster than his opponent, he just set himself up for them and got them out before his opponent could stop him.

As for other attacks, there's this thing called L-canceling, you should learn it.

I know wat L-canceling is, jsut what is it used for?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh sweet, people actually watched these. >.>

L canceling is when you press l (or r, or z) after you do an aerial A attack, before you hit the ground.

So, you'd do like, kirby's d.air, and right before you hit the ground (while you're still in the d.air animation), you hit l/r/z.

This shortens the recovery animation and lets you act faster.

The easiest way to see l canceling is to use Link (or y.link), and do a dair.

It will be blaringly obvious if you're l-canceling or not depending on how fast they pull the sword out.

Getting back on topic, i got 2nd place in a LT teams and LT singles tourney yesterday maining Kirby and Ness ( i also used roy/zelda/ and y.link, but only once a piece)

Kirby + Rainbow Cruise = broketier. That is all. >.>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i think i have some.

I know i have some Winners Finals and Grand Finals of LTT, and I know i have some of singles.

Ironically; i dont think i have ANY of my kirby; i think i happen to have nothing but ness and 1 roy.

I dunno.

:(

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
actually, i do have a few kirby vids; but the tape is garbage
i have to rerender to see if i can get it to not suck.

.... get it. NOT SUCK! LAWL! >.>

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Nice swallowcide cancel on Desu's Pikachu Doggy. I have a hard enough time with the 3 framers, here you are canceling a 1 framer. But onto the critiquing, against Desu I noticed a missed dsmash and you just ftilted, you should have gone for a smash or even a hammer(you know, for the lulz). Thats the only match Ive watched so far, but I'll edit in some more later.

Edit 1: I cant believe you lost to Link and G&W. It sounds weird but when Im on last stock and so is my opponent, I stop going for meteors any more. Once I have my opponent of the stage and i can predict there recovery i just go for a swallowcide. Its a bit more difficult to land but its also alot more impossible for your opponent to recover from.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Edit 1: I cant believe you lost to Link and G&W. It sounds weird but when Im on last stock and so is my opponent, I stop going for meteors any more. Once I have my opponent of the stage and i can predict there recovery i just go for a swallowcide. Its a bit more difficult to land but its also alot more impossible for your opponent to recover from.

That G&W player is a G&W main. XD

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm, ive been practicing at wavedashing, but its really hard to pull off effectively. Should i use Z instead of r or l? and i try doing the shorthop, but its really hard to use if im constantly trying to dodge attacks and stuff... any advice?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
hmmmm, ive been practicing at wavedashing, but its really hard to pull off effectively. Should i use Z instead of r or l? and i try doing the shorthop, but its really hard to use if im constantly trying to dodge attacks and stuff... any advice?
Keep a distance from your opponents so you can Short Hop. I recommend wavedash with the \R).

Kirby's Short Hop (SH) is probably one of the hardest to do besides Pichu, Pikachu, and Fox.
Practice sliding your fingers along the [X] or [Y] button really fast.

ROLL DODGE FTW ;)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
you cant wavedash with Z and Kirby has the hardest shorthop in the game(tied with fox) Just grind for an hour or so a day and you should get it
I can't SH with Pichu xD (Sarcasm)

But easily with Fox and Kirby.

~~~
EDIIIIIT!!!!
HOLY CRAP WE GOTTA GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Listen to Pink Reaper, he's got it correct. 4 Frame jump animation means you have to push and release the jump button in 1 or 2 frames in order to short hop. That's pretty ridiculous. No wonder I never understood why people thought Fox was difficult, ha ha.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
If that's the case (which it is, now that im reading it), you cant convince me that jumpspeed is the only thing that determines wavedash timing.

Especially after looking at that list.

WD with ICs is different than fox. >.>

--shrug--

i dunno

/me throws his chair in frustration and walks off.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Never knew that. So I was complainin for crud. Must just because I'm used to Kirby's SH and not any of ther other harder characters to SH with.

Hope you can Update more Videos Doggy. Your videos have the Hawts.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
'ppreciate the compliment. :)

I put the rest of the singles match i had from the smashfest, dunno if ima put the doubles on here or not; but they will be on my friendly page when i upload them.

___
As for the SH/WD issue.

I've never had a problem with it for kirby. I actually think kirby is one of the easier characters to WD/SH with. It's all in the eye of the beholder, though. Best thing I can tell you is to work on it, get it down, and then not think about it.

You know you have your tech skill down when you're thinking more of what your opponent is doing and how to respond; and not if you're going to hit your SH or WD.

Hell, i think it's easier to WD with Kirby than it is with Doc (my main), and it's about as easy to WD with Kirby as with ICs.

But again, that's just my opinion.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
man, i feel bad now. Doggy isnt even a kirby main and he's way better than me v.v Btw just a bit of advice, the best way to edge guard a Link isn't usually to airdodge off the stage. Might I suggest a ledge hopped bair, or if your feeling really sexy, a uair. But your going to need the edge invincibility to get around that up b.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
man, i feel bad now. Doggy isnt even a kirby main and he's way better than me v.v Btw just a bit of advice, the best way to edge guard a Link isn't usually to airdodge off the stage. Might I suggest a ledge hopped bair, or if your feeling really sexy, a uair. But your going to need the edge invincibility to get around that up b.
Eh, dont think of it like that! :(

It's not like i had no reason to play kirby; i actually started playin him about a year ago when i went to a tourney and was playin doubles with rayku. He was like "I can play fox for fast teams and ganon for slow teams", that was back when i was just breakin out into the doubles scene, so i was like "wtf, i need a fast AND a slow character?" (which i didnt know was completely wrong, XD)

so i remembered seeing a video of some kirby in doubles, and i was like "Dude, kirby ***** doubles, he can save anybody", and so i started playin.

Came to find out, kirby is a f**kin blast to play. He's too **** fun, so i actually worked on some stuff.

__

So it's not like I dont "main" him. Rainbow Cruise Kirby is one of my counterpicks, whenever I think I can get away with it (i've tried it twice and failed. XD )

AS FOR EDGEGUARDING LINK.

I tried airdodge mindgames and failed. XD

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
dogy those were some awesome matches! I like how u handled the shiek, and the fox match was just lulz(kirbycide FTL!)
but yeah u should totaly put the rest up!

Top Bottom