• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lil bitty questionsss

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I see that this forum is very pro WD

My question is

Are people who dont have to wave dash in order to win noobs?

and is WD a must learn in order to win at all?

b/c I went ahead and watched all or most of those combo vids and i was appalled at how sloppy they where, it almost made me cry it felt so sloppy, there were so many missed opportunities
to pwn but all they did was wav fall or dash back. :(
I dont wave dash ,primarily b/c i dont have to, b/c im a pro at timings and areal combat.
Its to the point were it looks like zelda is dancing in the air i kid you not.:chuckle:

and two more question :p

If you cant wave dash in brawl
will the wave dashers have problems?

Does any one have troubles beating 3 lvl 9 samuses on teams
im better with one on one i can defeat 2 samuses lvl 9 on teams thats easy but its the third one that throws me off for some reason_______prob. b/c i never fight more than two at a time but
i thought id ask to see if i was the only one.

thank you 4 putting up with me this far :psycho:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
1. People who don't have to wavedash to win aren't noobs. I can beat plenty of people without wavedashing, it is Zelda after all...

2. it depends on who you're playing against, and what character you are. Seeing how this is the Zelda board, I'm going to answer assuming that you're playing as Zelda. If you're looking for which advanced techniques to learn first, I'd say there are more important things to learn first than wavedashing. There will be opponents who you'd have to learn a lot more than wavedashing to beat.. And against people who rank among the best in the world, if wavedashing is some huge *** deal to you, don't count on winning against them whether you can wavedash or not.

3. If you play 100% aggressively 100% of the time, I will beat you 100% of the time, as would any other semi-competent player. Unless you have excellent tech skill, and judging by your questions I can tell that you don't. The reason why people "wavedash back instead of pwn" is to avoid being pwned. Someone who rushes forward with the same attack at the same angle all match without switching it up a bit with wavedashing back, for example, is more likely to be pwned than pwn the other guy...

4. Brawl is a different game, and will be treated as such. Sure, some people will have problems. But most will move on to discover new things whether or not wavedashing exists.

5. Me vs. 3 lv. 9 Samuses? Can somebody say powershielding war? All jokes aside, beating the computer takes a different kind of skill than beating a skilled human player. A type of skill that no one cares about anymore. Someone might have been impressed when the game first came out if someone can beat 3 lv. 9's, but we know now that the computers are dumb. Anyone can learn how to abuse the AI, which'll have no bearing whatsoever on how you can do vs. a human player. Don't be discouraged if you can't beat a team of 3 lv. 9's, and don't be proud of yourself if you can. No one cares.

Here's some questions for you:

1. Why is wavedashing such a huge deal for you?

2. Why don't you show me how pro you are with your own video?

3. Money match?

Zone

Smash Champion
Ok listen closely young smash player.

1.) Wavedash is a Tool
2.) Tools are used to help a player win.
3.) The more tools you have at your assembly the more options you have at your disposal
4.) The more options you have at your disposal the more unpredictable you are.
Now that the wavedash is out of the way. you make the decision if it's good to learn or not.

1.) Being pro at ONLY timing and aerial is no good.
2.) Although those are good traits, when missused you will be punished.
3.) the videos you see of pple running away? or wavedashing away? Ask yourself the following questions.
a.) Were they outrunning a move and possibly waiting for a true opening?
b.) If they had attacked there, are you 100% frame positive you wouldn't be countered?
c.) Were they luring or camping them to a part of the stage?

Computers are nothing, you are no where near being good enough to probably make it out of pools at a decent tournament, IF computers are you only sense of play.

I can beat 3 lvl 9 CPU's as Marth spamming Smash attack. and barely moving. That shows how little effort it can take to kill computers.

You're not pro if you limit yourself to only ur few basic game options and are comfortable with that. If you were a "pro" you would exploit every advantage to win.

Remember the object in SSBM is
To be as cheap as you can possibly be if that's what it takes to win.

I'm not trying to rag you down or anything sir, but you have no idea how deep this game is based on what you are asking.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I got so giddy when I see this topic, I didn't dare post as I wanted to see the others flame him..I love topics like these..when they aren't made in the marth boards of course.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed alot of the threads talk about wave dashing
and im not primarily interested in those concepts of the game

Just asking b/c i didnt know if wave dashing is a must when competing in tourns.

as such timing, i believe timing is everything with zelda. There is a time to bait, defend, attack, among other things.
Areal attacks are very important to me, how you recover and how you LDJL is very important it may not be to others but it is to me.

and i was asking about to cps b/c Im practicing juggling, and i was asking if u ppl can defeat 3 lvl 9 cpus as zelda not marth:psycho:

Patients is a virtue and

ps

iv been playing smash ever since it came out... it was the best gift i have ever given myself :)

and 3 out of 4 vetran fighters have told me my tech looks like a dance.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
1.How do i rig up a vid as i am poor. Ive milked my gc controller for 5 years and it just now fried :(
2. Ive done a money match a long time ago, I felt so sorry for them i gave them back there money...... so sad :(
with $40 i could have bought a nice controller. **** My Morality and Compassion!!!!!

im just kidding, :)

controllers dont cost $40 dollars but they do cost money

Zone

Smash Champion
and i was asking about to cps b/c Im practicing juggling, and i was asking if u ppl can defeat 3 lvl 9 cpus as zelda not marth:psycho:
Psycho? lol I was making a point that having an ability to beat 3 computers no matter who you are is only gonna help you beat.. well 3 computers better. I just think wondering who can beat 3 computers is redundant because most people (I think) worry more about vs the human player, than 3 computers that are set to do specific commands in a situation which can be exploited. But yes I can beat 3 computers as Zelda, she does have the kick afterall.

I explained wavedash for you already so you really shouldn't be confused.

Wavedash --> Tool
+More Tool ==> +More options
+More Options ==> Better player. (Only if u can execute them correctly as in at the right time + for the right reasons)

Do you absolutely need it to win? No. But that can be said about nearly anything. If you're playing a comp you don't even need to shffl to win. If you're playing someone like M2k or Ken or PC or w/e, you'll pretty much need to know everything you can do and do it well.

Edit: If you want to rig up a vid you'll need the following
1.) VCR or DVD-Recorder
2.) Audio-Video IN on ur PC from some kind of hardware like Pinnacle
3.) Install a program to capture from ur VCR and DVD.
4.)Transfer it from VCR/DVD to ur computer. then post it somewhere.

Cheaper version (which no one will probably like to watch)
1.) if you have a camera aim it at your T.V. and record. (Web camera for the cheapest but also the WORST quality known to man lol
2.) and record it onto ur computer.
3.) if ur using a handheld like Tape-recorder or those mini-cameras that can record lke 15 mins of video then u transfer it to comp u may need either Audio+Video IN and/or USB port for the min camera thing.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Cheaper version (which no one will probably like to watch)
1.) if you have a camera aim it at your T.V. and record. (Web camera for the cheapest but also the WORST quality known to man lol
2.) and record it onto ur computer.
3.) if ur using a handheld like Tape-recorder or those mini-cameras that can record lke 15 mins of video then u transfer it to comp u may need either Audio+Video IN and/or USB port for the min camera thing.
If you do it right, as in get a tripod and aim the camera perfectly, then it will come out fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll-M6xII_Gc

This was recorded by camera.

Zone

Smash Champion
If you do it right, as in get a tripod and aim the camera perfectly, then it will come out fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll-M6xII_Gc

This was recorded by camera.
That quality is tolerable i'm talking about like those 20 dollar web cams. a Camcorder thats big enough to need a tripod deals decent quality like the one u showed me. I'm one of those pple that get annoyed by anything less than best quality lol. So ignore me :D

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Wave dashing is very useful but it depends on your playstyle.
With wave dashing comes wavelanding, mind games on the edge etc.

The only thing I would stress is L cancling, spacing, arial/smash out of shield, use of the B moves and grab game.

People may shy away from wavedashing because at first it seems so hard, but it makes you a better player overall if you take the time to learn it.

Top Bottom