• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Likely Alternate Costumes

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
The Gravity Suit first appeared in Super Metroid, and even then the armor was purple, not pink:

It was also purple in the 1994 Super Metroid Nintendo Power Comic:

If it sounds like I'm angry, I'm not, just making a point.
Yeah, this is exactly why I wonder why Sakurai would call this the "Metroid Prime" Gravity Suit. Samus definitly had a pink suit in the very first NES Metroid, though. But I personally don't think pink suits Samus very well.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, this is exactly why I wonder why Sakurai would call this the "Metroid Prime" Gravity Suit. Samus definitly had a pink suit in the very first NES Metroid, though. But I personally don't think pink suits Samus very well.

I agree, blue looks better on her. Also glad she ditched the hair dye.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
She also has a pink suit in Metroid when using missiles in the Varia Suit (with armor).
I am aware of this. I was joking, making a play off the "suits Samus" line, by making it refer to personal fashion rather than the armor color.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The Gravity Suit first appeared in Super Metroid, and even then the armor was purple, not pink:

It was also purple in the 1994 Super Metroid Nintendo Power Comic:

If it sounds like I'm angry, I'm not, just making a point.

On a side note, is it just me, or does this image of the Super Metroid Varia Suit make the suit look more red than orange?

Yeah, it is more pronounced in Super Metroid, but still lighter than the Prime Grav suit. And no, it didn't sound angry. Also, that Grav suit artwork's Arm Cannon looks suspiciously like the Prime variant.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The reason he referred to it as the Gravity Suit from Metroid Prime is because that was the model/title used for the Gravity Suit trophy in Brawl.

He's still wrong about the pink one, which was the Varia Suit in the original Metroid.

The banana suit looks like it would offer protection from extreme humidity in a jungle, or something.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So the Green Suit Samus is the only one not based off a suit from the Metroid games. That being the case, if Samus were to acquire that suit in one of the main series games, what power do you think it would have?
Vegan psychic powers, obviously.

The banana suit looks like it would offer protection from extreme humidity in a jungle, or something.
Banana suit??? Kickboxing banana confirmed!

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I like about the Samus' re-colors is that they seem to go really well with the Other M power suit look. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about Smash4 Samus' design being taken from Other M, and then I kinda got sad when we didn't get any full reskins for Samus. But the re-colors look really fresh on the Other M suit, like this is the first time I've legitimately thought all the alt. colors look cool (although the Dark Samus recolor might stand a bit above the rest, IMO).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
(although the Dark Samus recolor might stand a bit above the rest, IMO).
That's because neon blue on black just looks awesome on anything.

From now on, I'm calling the Dark Samus Suit the Shiny Umbreon Suit.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Another thing I like about the Samus' re-colors is that they seem to go really well with the Other M power suit look. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about Smash4 Samus' design being taken from Other M, and then I kinda got sad when we didn't get any full reskins for Samus. But the re-colors look really fresh on the Other M suit, like this is the first time I've legitimately thought all the alt. colors look cool (although the Dark Samus recolor might stand a bit above the rest, IMO).
I agree with this. Her recolors where fine in Brawl, but on this model they just look so much better. The light suit variant goes particularly well because both share slick designs.

Top Bottom