• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Liked Luigi? You might as well try....

Tall-Guy

Smash Rookie
Hey :-)

I'm working with Luigi for a while now, and I decided it's time to focus on some secondary fighter.
I really enjoy Luigi's edge-gaurding game-style (Slow falling, alot of Air abilitys, fast ... etc).
I was wondering which other fighters has some similarities with Luigi that I might find fun to pick up and play?

WIGI

Smash Champion
I noticed Diddy have awefull upB, or maybe I need to practice that? :)
what teh crap?

diddy ahs on of the best, most versatile recoverys in the game.

he has a good double jump, use side b to get closer, then a charged up b can get you back from almost anywhere on the screen. go read a diddy guide they will show you its uses more.

and btw i hate playing as mario but thast just me, i find him so much diferent than luigi.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Mario. I'm trying to get good with him, and I noticed he plays a lot like Luigi but there are many differences; enough to keep you more than interested.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Err.... Mario=NO! I really do not think that Mario's playstyle is anything like Luigi's. Zelda? Definitely nothing like Luigi. Zelda is not a jumpy character and she does not have an "invincible" recovery. Diddy is close to WIGI in the case where, they both have "combos". Thinking abouit it, Lucario is a lot like Luigi. Lucario is jumpy and can deliver aerial combos. Lucario has a great jab cancel like Luigi and has a pretty good recovery.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Are you serious? Donkey Kong= NON floaty, strong, super range, like only 1 combo, only horizontal recovery...If this was not a joke, please back it up.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Um, doesn't have to be the same character on paper.

Playstyle with both Luigi an Donkey Kong are the same to me.

I like playing Donkey for I like what DK has an Luigi doesn't. But for the most part, they both combo, both have good aerial games, both are 1 hitters, both instill fear and are able to abuse most.

Donkey Kong...

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I think it all depends on why you're attracted to Luigi in the first place.

For example, I was stuck to Luigi for his simple yet complex recovery that still manages to amaze. So to me, I would like to play Lucas to bust out Wavezap-Jumped Magnet Pulled PKT2s as recoveries when all other Lucas players would have died. Or as ZSS who, like Luigi, has 3 recovery B-specials.

Both Lucas and Zamus are decidedly different in playstyle, yet the thing that attracts me to Luigi also attracts me to them.

This explains how lots of us are picking so many different types of other characters. If you're like how Luigi is fun to play, Fox/Diddy/G&W/ICs could fit. If you're looking for Luigi's air game, Kirby/Diddy/Mario could fit. If you're into Luigi's ground game, perhaps G&W/Yoshi/Olimar/Jiggly would do it for you. Amazing recoveries for me seem to be ZSS/Lucas and maybe Pikachu. I don't know... if you like Luigi's quirky persona, maybe Olimar/DDD/Jiggly could be your cup-o'-joe. I'm probably missing a whole lot, but you get my point.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I play:

Luigi, Diddy, MK and Toon Link; are they the same? meh not a lot but I just enjoy playing as each one of those characters.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I think it all depends on why you're attracted to Luigi in the first place.

This explains how lots of us are picking so many different types of other characters. If you're like how Luigi is fun to play, Fox/Diddy/G&W/ICs could fit. If you're looking for Luigi's air game, Kirby/Diddy/Mario could fit. If you're into Luigi's ground game, perhaps G&W/Yoshi/Olimar/Jiggly would do it for you. Amazing recoveries for me seem to be ZSS/Lucas and maybe Pikachu. I don't know... if you like Luigi's quirky persona, maybe Olimar/DDD/Jiggly could be your cup-o'-joe. I'm probably missing a whole lot, but you get my point.
Best post here yet. Ha Ha interesting....

Flowbeat

Smash Cadet
I think lucario's a good match. Luigi and Lucario are my 2 mains, both love jab cancels, and aerial play, they are both also percent based (aura and shoryuken)

Terrydactyl

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6110-5215-0645
I started out with a Luigi main but started seconding Donkey Kong. I ended up liking Donkey so much that I main him now (I know, blasphemy...)

DK has a great aerial game (3 SPIKES!), is the fastest heavyweight, has great horizontal recovery and is a one-hit KO machine. There are different things you'll need to emphasize on (shield grabbing, tilt attacks), but overall I feel the gameplay with them is very similar.

Tall-Guy

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys, i'll play around with few of the fighers you suggested and decide which one I like more :-)

Top Bottom