• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Licence Board Confirmed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razo

Smash Rookie
well, almost, i mean, who wouldn't agree that they are extremely similar? i quite like the update, even though the internet is its own challenges mode. (for those who don't know, licence board = Final Fantasy XII)

Square enix character confirmed? hehe. i kid..

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I thought the same thing! But thsi thread will get locked because there is a forum for dojo updates.
license board is how you develop your characters in FFXII

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Greatest typo ever.

I actually don't know what the 'Licence Board' does, as I've never played FFXII. Care to explain?
You're played Final Fantasy X before right? It's similar to the Sphere Grid. As in, you gain "License Points" (or Sphere Points on FFX) and with those points, you "buy" a checker on the license board. If it's a weapon, you are able to equip the weapon. If it's an attribute, you gain it (+200 HP, Magicks, Technicks, etc.), and when you "buy" a checker, the checkers on the sides of it are shown.

Thank you! Mist Charges! I kept calling them Limit Breaks ever since I stopped playing the game.

Razo

Smash Rookie
similar concept, when you unlock something (after meeting certain requirements), you unlock for example, a technique etc. like in brawl, silhouette form around the block you just unlocked, and also displays the requirements for breaking it, eventually spreading out. know what i'm sayin'?

blayde axel sums it up well too

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I made a reference to this in the omg predictions board about half an hour ago or so. I think they're very similar.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
You're played Final Fantasy X before right? It's similar to the Sphere Grid. As in, you gain "License Points" (or Sphere Points on FFX) and with those points, you "buy" a checker on the license board. If it's a weapon, you are able to equip the weapon. If it's an attribute, you gain it (+200 HP, Magicks, Technicks, etc.), and when you "buy" a checker, the checkers on the sides of it are shown.

Thank you! Mist Charges! I kept calling them Limit Breaks ever since I stopped playing the game.
So basically, the only similarity is the showing both sides thing?

Also, I've played FFX, and loved it.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman

I remember the Sphere Grid, just give all point to Aron and then kill Sin an 1 hit.
Anywho, this looks like an interesting way of finding those last few things you need to unlock, but in the beginning, its going to seems daunting.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Kind of similiar I guess :p Except without using LP.

On the topic on of the update....

I wonder how we get Golden Hammers? And my favourite quote...

"And be careful of friends who might egg you on. I mean, imagine you have a hammer, some pristine glass, and a friend who just keeps telling you to break the glass...

It makes you want to break it, huh?!"

Sakurai must have had some seriously messed-up childhood.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Kind of similiar I guess :p Except without using LP.

On the topic on of the update....

I wonder how we get Golden Hammers? And my favourite quote...

"And be careful of friends who might egg you on. I mean, imagine you have a hammer, some pristine glass, and a friend who just keeps telling you to break the glass...

It makes you want to break it, huh?!"

Sakurai must have had some seriously messed-up childhood.
No, he just hates glass

Kittah4

Smash Ace
This update amused me, because the concept is lifted STRAIGHT from Kirby's Air Ride (Kirby's Air Raid was the name of the even where you used Warp Stars). Air Ride is the game that made Sakurai leave nintendo, but he copied this system almost 100%. The golden hammers were purple squares, I believe, and you could see FOUR objectives on the board around a central one, not just two. Otherwise it's identical.

Oh, and this one seems to scroll, too.

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
Indeed, it's from Kirby Air Ride, and it was a great idea.
I'm glad that they use it again.

(and by the way, now we know how to unlock Staphy Assist Trophy :D )

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Heheh.. I wonder if Link will need more gambits for throwing bombs and shooting arrows. And we'd be **** outta luck if master hand had the +300 hp augment.

But Yeah, I never played Air Raid, and I have played FFXII. It makes me laugh cause I thought of the exact same thing when I saw it.

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
They're nothing alike. If anything, dude, today's update reminds me more of Jeopardy, not a method of character growth like the License Board in FFXII. Amusing that you'd point that out, but I couldn't stop thinking of Jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom