• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level 3 CPU training

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Level 9 will punish even your perfectly spaced moves since they tech, powershield and ****, causing your habits to change into getting used to constant powershielding.

BallsofShame

Smash Rookie
Fighting lvl 9 CPUs is boring. I want to fight with actual players, but I have like 1 friend who plays competitively.
I know how you feel, all my friends either play around and do nothing, or suck at brawl, and it doesnt help that all the matches I play online with anyone are mostly taunt matches

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Curious, why would you choose level 3 CPU's versus level 9's, or any other number for example?
Level 3s are just like sandbags that move. They're random enough to practice adapting to opponent movements . That's all you need really.

Level 9s will give you BAD habits. Level 9s fall for stupid things and punish moves that should not be punishable by a normal human. If a level 9 powershields (This is a random example that isn't true but im making a point) every falco laser you throw at them you'll be trained not to use lasers, when they actually are very effective against human opponents

so now this level 9 has you playing ineffectively

You can ganon thunderstomp as many level 9 MKs as you want but try that on someone who is thinking

steelbreakr

Smash Rookie
I remember in a past interview or somewhere, that M2K said he would play like real life situations against the cpus. for example, he said he would wait and punish for the airdodge if the cpu was in the air.
Playing cpus help, but lets not forget how much experience m2k has, even his experienced carried on from melee. Not to mention that he's intelligent and knowledgeable about the game (all his data analysis). So anyways, playing computers help, but u gotta play them intelligently and make sure to play real life people ALSO

Top Bottom