• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's toast those Smashers! ~ Spyro Reignites Super Smash Brothers

Pixel_

Smash Ace
There isn't really a game that lets you play as an adult dragon as the main character and Spyro would be the perfect contender.
Eh, I think younger Spyro works out better for the target audience.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i grew up with a playstation2 before i got my gamecube / wii, and i was handed my cousins collection of ps1 games, so i played a lot of spyro and crash when i was a kid. i love crash, but i always slightly favored spyro. supporting

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Eh, I think younger Spyro works out better for the target audience.
Adult Spyro could be just a one time thing. Like, the plot would revolve around Spyro finding a time flower for example that lets him morph into his adult self. The plot would end with Spyro choosing to remain as his younger self after being curious of his adult self before becoming too addicted, breaking the time flower.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Any credibility earned by this leaker getting the announcement date correct is lost due to the fact that the NES games are not launching this August, nor are they accompanied by GBA titles.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the original 4chan leaker mentioned his source sounding drunk over Discord chat, but then providing text logs as evidence.

I'm not saying that I don't want the leak to be true, because of course I don't. The double whammy of Spyro on Switch and Spyro in Smash would hype me catatonic. I just don't expect it to be true at all.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played 3 Spyro games: Spyro: A Hero's Tail (GameCube), The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (Wii), and The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of a New Dragon (DS). So, I'll do what I can with his moveset.

Side Smash - He rams forward with his horns

A-A-A - Horn Attack

B - Electric Breath - I made it this and not Fire Breath because I thought it would be too generic. We already have Bowser and Charizard with the same one.

Down B - Horn Attack - I can't remember the name of it. But, it's from Eternal Night. He swings his horns upward. If it lands, Spyro jumps up and kicks them to the ground

I'm sorry, but this is all I could think of. Also, add me to the supporters, please.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ah, I forgot to post this here, but I drew something of the trio in question.

Spyro was very much my favourite Playstation game when I was younger so whilst I'm not expecting him, I'd be overjoyed if he got in. This would be my ideal triple threat honestly!

LeakCharacters.png

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Err... I really hope Captain Toad's just the driver and he's going to leave after he drops the other two off in Smash.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

How do I dislike a post?

But regardless, you're welcome.
Look, I don't like Captain Toad. I don't want him in Smash. So I'll leave it alone and let you have your pipe dreams in the Captain Toad thread, I won't bug you about it there. But this isn't the Captain Toad thread. Capisce?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Look, I don't like Captain Toad. I don't want him in Smash. So I'll leave it alone and let you have your pipe dreams in the Captain Toad thread, I won't bug you about it there. But this isn't the Captain Toad thread. Capisce?
Whoa there pal, I was being tongue in cheek due to the sudden adverse reaction but okay, let's drop it.

Sorry I included all three in a pic together, yeesh.

PsychoJosh

Whoa there pal, I was being tongue in cheek due to the sudden adverse reaction but okay, let's drop it.

Sorry I included all three in a pic together, yeesh.
You're free to draw fanart for who you like, I'm just saying I don't have to agree with your character choices in a thread that isn't a support thread for that character.

That's all. Don't mean anything by it, just saying the truth.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Keep things on Topic to Spyro please.

Also to make this post not a throwaway, I made a supporters list for the OP.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Speaking of updates to the OP, could you please give me credit for writing the foreword?
Also please fix the typo of UserKev UserKev 's handle in the supporters list
Done.

Also Spyro is a 4th seed in the Most wanted newcomer bracket. Please galvanize towards him. I think we could for sure at least beat Ezio.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I am still thinking about that leak from a few days back. I know it's been practically disproven, but I can't get over the fact that Spyro in Smash is actually plausible.

I feel like this thought is going to suck the fun out of Nintendo's E3 show. If Spyro does get into Smash, it isn't going to be a surprise. But if he doesn't, what could Nintendo possibly do to make up for that disappointment?

The obvious solution to this scenario would be "don't expect Spyro in Smash" but... well, no.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I've been through the disappointment enough that I won't believe even if all stars align that Spyro is coming until he's in the game, announced on an official Nintendo channel, with multiple different gameplay videos from different sources, and even then I'd probably need to play him in a Test Smash to really feel it.

You just gotta get used to disappointment enough that there's no such thing as hope, just what is and what inevitably isn't....

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to dye my hair and put on some dark eyeliner if you need me I'll be at the next Fallout
Boy concert.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The fact that the Spyro remaster is real is enough to satisfy me for jow. Besides if Crash gets in Spyro is a good shot for dlc worst case. But tbh I could see base game maybe, especially since it’s weird that the switch version is not announced yet but was on UK website.

In other news I am gonna try to be play through every Spyro game before reignited comes out. Right now I am gonna focus on the gba.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok guys, I hate to double post, but today is a big day. Spryo is up on the RTC. Come give him some love. Just gonna tag some people for this.

Yokta Yokta
@Xeno VII
DNeon DNeon
UserKev UserKev
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

I Would tag the whole thread but that would be too desperate. I have seen yall in RTC, just help bring some love to our boy.

Also

New stuff for Dark Hollow. I for one love the Library design and making the Gnorcs a bit grosser.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Late reply, but I am glad that Spyro did relatively well in want on the RTC. People seem to be opening up to the little guy.

Also, to spark some discussion, what do you guys want in terms of the remaster as bonuses? I hope they keep all the cheat codes. I remember buying a cheat code book from Blockbuster because my family still had dial up.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I honestly think that the possibility of Spyro actually being playable is the only reason I suddenly got interested in Smash again. And yet, I refuse to acknowledge such a possibility, for fear of it not happening.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I honestly feel it would not use the joycon much, but then again I can’t think Of a use for them. Maybe something like a shake of the joycon to flame but idk.

D

Deleted member

Heard about the leaks I think it’s been proven false, but not sure. Spyro is still one of my favourites to hopefully get in. Loving all the covarge of Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Game looks better, and better.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
The leaker that got the date right for the Switch Online detail announcement also said that the remaining newcomers would be Captain Toad, Crash, and Spyro.

As far as I’m concerned, getting that date right means the leak is legit. The way I see it, these three are confirmed.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The leaker that got the date right for the Switch Online detail announcement also said that the remaining newcomers would be Captain Toad, Crash, and Spyro.

As far as I’m concerned, getting that date right means the leak is legit. The way I see it, these three are confirmed.
Don't be so sure. There's always the chance that they decided to embellish things further with what small information they did have (Getting the date right for when more Nintendo Switch online service information was released correct) just to make their fake stuff more believable with something that is correct.

If it is true I certainly wouldn't mind it. But please don't go thinking anything's confirmed just yet. If either that one or the Vergeben thing turned out true I personally won't mind them as those set's of three are both pretty good to me. Though I think the Vergeben one is quite a bit more believable then the Captain Toad/Crash/Spyro stuff at the moment. Albeit I'm not 100% certain of it yet either.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I would love both Verge and the 4chan leaker to be right. An e3 with 5 characters and no vet cuts sounds awesome. But having Spyro is the best deal of all.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I would love both Verge and the 4chan leaker to be right. An e3 with 5 characters and no vet cuts sounds awesome. But having Spyro is the best deal of all.
If they were somehow both right that'd be insane. Captain Toad, Ridley, Crash, Return of Ice Climbers, Spyro, Simon Belmont, and no cuts.

Still though. That would be 9 3rd Parties in the base game. While I can see Smash Switch going that far on 3rd Party reps by the end of it's DLC period (ESPECIALLY if there is indeed no cuts from Smash 4). Blowing their load on that many 3rd parties from the get go would be crazy. Doesn't help that the 4chan one had other details other then Smash that kinda make it even more dubious (Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi all becoming playable in Super Mario Odyssey DLC for example).

But these are all characters I wouldn't mind seeing. I just can't be 100% sure about them yet. So I was just telling Drclaw411 to not take any of this as a sure thing. Cause saying any characters are "basically confirmed" is dangerous thinking in most cases of Smash speculation.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If they were somehow both right that'd be insane. Captain Toad, Ridley, Crash, Return of Ice Climbers, Spyro, Simon Belmont, and no cuts.

Still though. That would be 9 3rd Parties in the base game. While I can see Smash Switch going that far on 3rd Party reps by the end of it's DLC period (ESPECIALLY if there is indeed no cuts from Smash 4). Blowing their load on that many 3rd parties from the get go would be crazy. Doesn't help that the 4chan one had other details other then Smash that kinda make it even more dubious (Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi all becoming playable in Super Mario Odyssey DLC for example).

But these are all characters I wouldn't mind seeing. I just can't be 100% sure about them yet. So I was just telling Drclaw411 to not take any of this as a sure thing. Cause saying any characters are "basically confirmed" is dangerous thinking in most cases of Smash speculation.

Honestly I feel more third parties is super likely. We are running low on huge Nintendo characters. I could see a big third party presence.

Part of me has some faith due to viewing Crash as super likely, who knows maybe only some of the info is right.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as a supporter of one of the most hype possible newcomers to 5mash.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Don't be so sure. There's always the chance that they decided to embellish things further with what small information they did have (Getting the date right for when more Nintendo Switch online service information was released correct) just to make their fake stuff more believable with something that is correct.

If it is true I certainly wouldn't mind it. But please don't go thinking anything's confirmed just yet. If either that one or the Vergeben thing turned out true I personally won't mind them as those set's of three are both pretty good to me. Though I think the Vergeben one is quite a bit more believable then the Captain Toad/Crash/Spyro stuff at the moment. Albeit I'm not 100% certain of it yet either.

I agree with all of this, except for one thing: May 7. The leaker was correct about May 7th being the day that Nintendo Online details would release. Also, think about the remaining highly requested first party characters. Ridley, K Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee, etc... it’s all characters that Sakurai has been against adding in the past for one reason or another. The last truly requested first party characters, other than those, are Toad and Inklings.

As a long-time Ridley supporter, I can say the fact that Ridley is not in this leak absolutely adds credence to its legitimacy. As far as I’m concerned, May 7th confirmed this leak and deconfirmed Vergeben’s leak. If Toad, Crash, and Spyro aren’t playable then I’ll be absolutely shocked.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
New Pokemon announcement:

The gamefaqs leak says:
"Pokémon for Switch is revealed. It’s a new take on Red and Blue and features graphics that are midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken."

Also notable:
- 2 other Pokemon games were announced that weren't mentioned by the leak.
- Leak says that it was supposed to be announced at E3 if I'm reading it correctly

Thoughts?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Well I would like to see the original 4chan leak. If anyone can bring up the archive for that it would be helpful, especially since the gamefaqs leak is just the 4chan one with more bs thrown on.

Top Bottom