• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk The Subspace Emissary

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well, the story just felt so... cliched. They tried to make it so epic with all of those jaggedy movements (it's hard to explain, if you don't get what I mean then I'll try and elaborate), but it just ended up looking like a silly fight animation some primary school kid did.

The story was poorly explained and put way too much emphasis on the Kirby characters, while excluding some others.

None of the cutscenes were exciting, they were often just re-hashes of previous cutscenes (character meets character, they fight, then they become allies, then they see enemy, cue fight).

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hah, that is very true about the Kirby characters stealing the spotlight quite a bit. It seemed like the first quarter of the game revolved around Kirby saving Peach or Zelda. As well as destroying the cannon towards the end of the game. I'm not really sure what you mean by jagged movements :/

A lot of the cut scenes were like that, I agree. A perfect example would be Lucario and MK's fight. There were a couple which I thought did a pretty good job on character introduction or story progression, though. Such as revealing ROB's identity and destroying the cannon.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah, R.O.B.'s scene was good, I liked the Halberd scenes mostly as well.

By jaggedy movements I mean that when the game was trying to be epic, suddenly the character stopped moving smoothly and skipped frames all the time. It would be like "Okay, he's looking down... Then he really quickly looks up as the camera zooms in on his face and the music changes".

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I do kind of find it odd that they added the fairy. That is the only time you ever see him with a fairy too. Maybe they added it just as a way to truly identify him as Link, but really who could you mistake Link for?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I do kind of find it odd that they added the fairy. That is the only time you ever see him with a fairy too. Maybe they added it just as a way to truly identify him as Link, but really who could you mistake Link for?
Santa's elf? XD jk. That is the only scene in which the fairy is with him. Its nowhere to be seen throughout the rest of SSE.

Top Bottom