• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk directly to Nintendo. Here's how and why.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah... no, this isn't going to work.

Miiverse community right now is filled with just PUUUUUUREEEE character talk. You won't make enough waves on there, especially when most competitive Smashers do not own a Wii U right now.

The EarthBound campaign worked because it is something everyone can agree on. It's probably one of the dumbest decisions Nintendo could ever make (not releasing EarthBound worldwide). It's something that is a business decision and is easy to change.

Same thing with releasing 60 Hz versions of their VC releases overseas (in particular, Europe). It's a business decision they can easily change (depending on the game... as far as I know not all the 30 cent VC titles got 60 Hz releases in Europe).

For a game that's not released yet, the Miiverse Community is simply not an area where you can reach Nintendo or Sakurai. And that community in particular won't be taken seriously when there's posts about Goku being in Smash... or other ridiculous character requests.

I actually tried to get some discussion about things OTHER than characters on there but my posts got buried within seconds; only attaining like 1 comment or a couple of Yeahs.

The only way to get the things the community wants is to have a window of opportunity to be able to talk to Sakurai or their team directly. And unfortunately, we don't have that luxury like other fighting game communities do with their games.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
I'd start a counter campaign to make sure melee air dodges aren't in, stupidest thing ever. I don't mind if the physics are more like melee though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd start a counter campaign to make sure melee air dodges aren't in, stupidest thing ever. I don't mind if the physics are more like melee though.
Please don't do this. ANYWAYS...

It's not impossible that this could work. Improbable, but not impossible. Though if you want good things to happen you have to take chances. Though many people waste their own time this way, some succeed. It can happen.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
hahaha this guy!
He comes in, unnecessarily insults brawl and all of its players and then expects not to be picked out personally? Of course I'm going to defend my game. Any person who has amassed a large amount of time into something is not going to just sit back when a Random thinks it takes no skill to do. That is 100% ignorance. I love all the smash games and melee isn't an exception. You should learn to appreciate and understand the time and work that gets put into being a high level player in any game. Although, you don't appear to understand much.
You know what they say about people in discussions who resort to personal attacks. I have a feeling this is the case here, because there is no way you can accurately present a case in which Brawl is more competitively viable than Melee, or any other fighting game played at tournament events such as EVO. Brawl takes some manner of skill, sure, but other fighting games require the same skillset and more. I'm sure you're very good at Brawl, but that hardly has any merit when you're presenting nothing but empty rhetoric.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yes guys, let's go straight to Nintendo and have them request to Sakurai and Namco to rework the game into something different. Waste all of their money on the current build and development of the game to something else, miss their quota and lose even more money for it being held back.

Full speed ahead!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Did... did... you really just compare a strategic RPG to a fighting game in terms of speed?... I... umm.. wut?
I think he was more making a point about replayability, however comparing the two genres' speeds is kind of silly.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Did... did... you really just compare a strategic RPG to a fighting game in terms of speed?... I... umm.. wut?
OK, well for a better example....look Soul Calibur. deceptively easy, very hard to master, moves at a slower pace then most games(like the MvCs, Darkstalkers, etc.), yet still has a good following and replayability.

DefenseTech

Smash Apprentice
Yes guys, let's go straight to Nintendo and have them request to Sakurai and Namco to rework the game into something different. Waste all of their money on the current build and development of the game to something else, miss their quota and lose even more money for it being held back.

Full speed ahead!

While we are at it, lets DEMAND for Iwata and Sakurai to put on costumes (meta for Iwata and kirby for Sakurai ofc) and duke it out UFC style in the next nintendo direct

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Our Goals for Smash 4:
Make it fast paced like Melee. The game should be fast paced so the game is easy for people to learn and hard for people to master. It adds replayability to the game and increases the game's lifespan. Melee is still being played today, and this is replayability is how you do it.
Two things:
#1 Melee had a bar to its higher-level skills that some people weren't able to get over even with practice.
I know more than a few dedicated Fox players that couldn't wave-shine no matter how often they practiced, especially in the midst of actual combat.
That kind of high bar should still exist, but it shouldn't be as high as Melee made it, nor should it be as low as Brawl forced it to become.
#2 The pace has already been revealed; they're designing it to be in-between Melee and Brawl.
That's the best of both worlds, since it makes the game more accessible without cutting out the challenge entirely.

Winston!

Smash Rookie
Believe it or not they can please both casual and hardcore, and I doubt you're likely to enjoy smash 4 any more if it were limited to your preferences.

I think you misunderstood my post bruv... I said the game shouldn't be developed by listening to myself or anyone else on the forum, rather it should be developed by the developers who get paid to make the game. Either you misunderstood my post or are just trying to pick fights and argue with people here.

I've always been pleased by Smash Bros. It's fricken amazing. The fact that they have all these iconic characters that I started playing as when I was 4 and put them all into one awesome game... It's like amazing nostalgia overload. Can't wait to pick up an Xbox One and Dead Rising 3, can't wait for Super Mario 3D World, can't wait for Bioshock Infinite DLC but I'd still trade the prospect of even playing any of those to demo the new Smash!

Winston!

Smash Rookie
I hope the development team doesn't listen to what the community whines and complains about. I want them to create their own vision of Super Smash Bros and hopefully it comes out awesome as the past 3. I have faith that Super Smash Bros 4 will come out and get myself and my other adult friends with families to plan a Smash night at least once a week. Boy, I wish I was a kid again so I could just play Smash with my friends all day all night.

lol, some nights were sober, some nights too much alcohol was consumed and others there was a bowl or joint smoked every hour on the other... oh the good old days.

otter

Smash Ace
That doesn't mean a game with a slower fall speed (which is not even confirmed to be true, seeing beta test stuff) can't have no depth. Magic: The Gathering has been reckoned as being one of the deepest games of this generation, and it's turn based. SF4 isn't all that fast either, and people never claim that game is not as competitive as it can be.
SF4 is viewed exactly as Brawl in it's own community. Too slow, easy execution, less replayability. SF4 received at least as much hate as Brawl, the difference being the Smash community was more successful in upgrading to an older game. This is really remarkable considering Smash is more popular than SF, and Brawl being overwhelmingly popular. It's virtually impossible to tell a newer player that just because a game is newer, doesn't mean you should play it. Luckily, Brawl is bad enough to make the argument possible.

Winston!

Smash Rookie
Yeah... no, this isn't going to work.

Miiverse community right now is filled with just PUUUUUUREEEE character talk. You won't make enough waves on there, especially when most competitive Smashers do not own a Wii U right now.

The EarthBound campaign worked because it is something everyone can agree on. It's probably one of the dumbest decisions Nintendo could ever make (not releasing EarthBound worldwide). It's something that is a business decision and is easy to change.

Same thing with releasing 60 Hz versions of their VC releases overseas (in particular, Europe). It's a business decision they can easily change (depending on the game... as far as I know not all the 30 cent VC titles got 60 Hz releases in Europe).

For a game that's not released yet, the Miiverse Community is simply not an area where you can reach Nintendo or Sakurai. And that community in particular won't be taken seriously when there's posts about Goku being in Smash... or other ridiculous character requests.

I actually tried to get some discussion about things OTHER than characters on there but my posts got buried within seconds; only attaining like 1 comment or a couple of Yeahs.

The only way to get the things the community wants is to have a window of opportunity to be able to talk to Sakurai or their team directly. And unfortunately, we don't have that luxury like other fighting game communities do with their games.
It's because much like myself, a lot people hardcore and casual don't sweat the details. It's a video game. It's entertainment. It just seems so petty to go on a site to whine, complain and tell the devs (or any artist for that matter) how to do their job. People should be whining and complaining about real things... like how the American government disregarded background checks when buying fire arms on a 90%-10% vote. Democracy what!?

otter

Smash Ace
It's because much like myself, a lot people hardcore and casual don't sweat the details. It's a video game. It's entertainment. It just seems so petty to go on a site to whine, complain and tell the devs (or any artist for that matter) how to do their job. People should be whining and complaining about real things... like how the American government disregarded background checks when buying fire arms on a 90%-10% vote. Democracy what!?

I know! Why dedicate yourself to worthwhile hobby when you can stick it to the man by regurgitating opinions you got from television.

But seriously, I hope you come to realize how cool Smash is on a deeper level.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Here is something we can all agree on. Giving Dk his roll attack!

Find RomanceDawn and "yeah" this post! Then draw your own DK rolling post and I will support it.

image.jpg

Winston!

Smash Rookie
I know! Why dedicate yourself to worthwhile hobby when you can stick it to the man by regurgitating opinions you got from television.

But seriously, I hope you come to realize how cool Smash is on a deeper level.
All hobbies are worthwhile dude. Fun is great. Aah man, you'll grow up one up day. Then you'll realize how stupid it is to spend your time going onto the internet to tell artists how to make their sh*t.

P.S. Smash iz so d33p, it's teh coolest

Conis

Smash Rookie
I actually believe this is a very interesting and potentially successful idea, but I think people here are looking at it from the wrong point of view.

Most of the suggestions here seem to revolve around the idea of suggesting characters, or changing the game mechanics. The very obvious problem with both of those things is that it's very difficult to get a significantly large amount of support around a single character or a mechanical change. Not only do people have varying opinions and disagreements with others on those subjects (especially characters), but a lot of others are simply apathetic to those aspects of the game (though that probably applies more to game mechanics than characters).

As was mentioned earlier in this topic, regarding the release of Earthbound on the Virtual Console, that campaign worked because it had a lot of people working towards a common goal - getting the game released on the VC. However, the implication here seems to be that such a campaign could not work in any way for SSB4, which I believe is incorrect.

Clearly, the goal is to find a change or addition to the game that all (or at least the vast majority) of Smash fans can support, as well as one that is feasible for the developers to actually implement. And as much as some doubt that such a thing exists, I think the answer is actually pretty obvious: DLC.

I seriously have no idea how this not been suggested yet (at least not that I've seen in this topic or any other). It is honestly the perfect thing for fans to ask for, especially now that Sakurai has come out and said that there are no plans for DLC, but that it could be considered in the future. DLC seems like a thing that most people can agree is a good idea, I think (there may be some who oppose it, but most of them probably dislike the implication of day one/disk-locked content, which is unlikely to happen in this scenario). Considering Sakurai's current position on DLC, I would think that if people are vocal on Miiverse about wanting DLC to be added to the game after release, it could very well make the difference in whether or not he decides to add DLC in the future.

Just an idea. Obviously there's no guarantee that it would work, but given the situation surrounding that particular issue, I think a campaign surrounding it has a good chance to have an impact.

There are probably other changes or additions that could be effectively campaigned for as well, but DLC seems like the thing that has the highest chance of success.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
You know what they say about people in discussions who resort to personal attacks. I have a feeling this is the case here, because there is no way you can accurately present a case in which Brawl is more competitively viable than Melee, or any other fighting game played at tournament events such as EVO. Brawl takes some manner of skill, sure, but other fighting games require the same skillset and more. I'm sure you're very good at Brawl, but that hardly has any merit when you're presenting nothing but empty rhetoric.

This isn't an argument of which game is more competitive. It never was, derpy. I'm just defending my game from the ignorant.
Shoutouts to melee players who like all the smash games!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Why are people even arguing? Geez. Who cares which is more competitive? Both have tournaments that happen regularly, so shut up and play your damn game.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Why are people even arguing? Geez. Who cares which is more competitive? Both have tournaments that happen regularly, so shut up and play your damn game.

Agreed, I enjoy both games competitively. I could careless which is harder or easier to play, they are both fun.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
This isn't an argument of which game is more competitive. It never was, derpy. I'm just defending my game from the ignorant.
Shoutouts to melee players who like all the smash games!
My intent was to refute the point of your original post. I never tried to imply that Brawl players are bad, you just misunderstood.

I did lol at the image though.

Top Bottom