• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets talk about N-air

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, it's in my analysis, and is also in the moveset discussion, but I think we could use more talk about how awesome this move is. It may not have the damage and knockback of Luigi's, but it's definitely comparable in terms of priority.

N-air stops so many moves it's makes me laugh at times. Just a few hours ago I was fighting against an Olimar player and decided to see how well N-air does, and well, it ***** just about all of Olimar's moves unless it was a purple pikmin (yellow too maybe, but I wasn't paying much attention).

So yeah, I'm basically saying that this move needs to be used a lot more. So much that I needed to make a topic about it.

Are there any other ways to make N-air more epic?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Nair has great priority and the "sourspot" leads into things off-stage. Also, has it been confirmed yet whether or not Luigi's Nair comes out faster than Mario's?

PS: Nair through Zamus's Up B is pretty funny.

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
Yes i agree with you all N-air is a beatly move that has alot of priority. It doesnt however have much K.O. pothential but im pretty sure if u short hop the sweet spot it will definatly find a K.O. somewhere in there lol!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You know...Luigi is an Olimar counterpick. The main thing they have in common is Nair. Mario's doesn't hit them the same way or anything, but, like you said, the priority is similar.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, I played a few matches as Luigi against Olimar. It's mainly because of N-air, because not only is Luigi's N-air is a brick-wall, but also a combo starter.

Mario's has the brick wall, but not really the combo starter since it doesn't knock them upward.

But... we do have D-air. :)

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
psh, only luigi punks have to start combos with nair...
thats why i love mario, u can use just about all of his moves in a combo =p

but yeah, nair is awesome....
i still say im the first to use it though haha =x

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think Luigi's N-air is faster by a frame, but I really don't think it actually matters.

N-air is really good for edgeguarding though. It always has been. Weak hits of the N-air can either gimp or put people in a bad position where you can gimp them easily. Try N-airing someone as they do a midair jump for **** results.

And yeah, it has great priority. Long lasting hitbox makes it amazing for punishing all sorts of stuff.

chic

Smash Ace
my bro who uses mario has been using this much more in his game recently. it's incredible! hes beats me even worse now!

oh yea, i can't stop looking at your first sig for some reason envy :(

iMichael

Smash Lord
I had a seat next to Shigeru Miyamoto while analyzing mario's move list for melee. and what...
Ooohhh that was you sitting right there!!?? I can't believe Nintendo didn't fire you...Yeah on the door it said "No janitors" :psycho:

Mario Tornado

Smash Rookie
What I don't understand is why Luigi is stronger than Mario in Brawl...it's almost always the opposite.

Anyways, I only use Nair in SHs, or normal jumps. It has low KO power and doesn't protect Mario from the rear, but it can get people off the stage pretty well.

Top Bottom