• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's make a MONTAGE!! *Lucas Community Combo Video*

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
At this point I assume you have a lot of video clips. Why don't you just take the ones that best show Lucas combos and other cool stuff and just leave out all the random back air spikes that I assume are very common? If a lower level player pulls off a really long string or something, it's good to showcase that too so everyone can learn it. Higher level players would obviously be featured more in the video as they will likely be sending better clips to you.

From seeing the videos @ BlueberrySyrup BlueberrySyrup posted in other threads, I can tell that he is perfectly capable of choosing the best clips to be included in the video. I think the focus of the video should be showcasing Lucas's best options and combos so that everyone can learn to play the character better.

AirJordans

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
haventthewit
Switch FC
SW-6898-5786-4663
At this point I assume you have a lot of video clips. Why don't you just take the ones that best show Lucas combos and other cool stuff and just leave out all the random back air spikes that I assume are very common? If a lower level player pulls off a really long string or something, it's good to showcase that too so everyone can learn it. Higher level players would obviously be featured more in the video as they will likely be sending better clips to you.

From seeing the videos @ BlueberrySyrup BlueberrySyrup posted in other threads, I can tell that he is perfectly capable of choosing the best clips to be included in the video. I think the focus of the video should be showcasing Lucas's best options and combos so that everyone can learn to play the character better.
That's not the worst either, though.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Though I won't have access to a Wii U for the next few days, I'd love to be part of this, if possible. I don't have much but things like this and also me struggling against a Sonic on-stream at a tournament. :p Still, workin' on that Lucas, hoping to produce something of worthiness (which I do more often on other people's Wii U's, lol).

Keeby

Smash Rookie
NNID
bluePikman
3DS FC
2793-1030-3201
Alright guys, I'm gonna change the rules up a bit, the video might be postponed in order to find our best Lucas players to represent in the video, this will also allow for us to get combos ready and find new technology.

So the options are either... make one, with everybody (This could get messy)
Make one with our top 10~ish
And top 10 would be picked through tourneys, votes, or whatever decisions necessary.
I'd like the messy one. After all, that's how us Lucas players leave our victims after a tough fight.

EDIT: After about an hour of trying to get a good clip, I realized that I suck at smash. Better read up some Lucas tips on the boards...

Last edited:

Dbap

Smash Rookie
If you still want clips I have some I could send you, are you generally looking for stylish combos or highlights?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
So we're looking for really good plays as Lucas? Man, I missed saving the replay of absorbing Pika's Thunder, then hitting him with the hitbox on PSI Magnet afterwards. I've done this against other characters (absorption > hitbox), but it wasn't nearly as satisfying because I didn't recover ~40% and send them across the stage and off the other end at the same time.

Top Bottom