• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Get Wired!

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Hey guys. I'm pretty tired of playing laggy matches, so a while ago I got myself the wired lan adapter.

Virtually no lag, and it brings up the other side's connection as well. Today I decided to make a group for anyone else with a wired connection, so we can all play together with almost ZERO lag. I thought it would be a great idea, and I hope it catches on.

I made it public because I don't know how someone is supposed to prove that they have a wired connection, so please don't join if you're using a wireless connection to play WiFi.

If you have a wired wifi connection, join my group.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1325

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had $30. My new router makes it always have at least half a second of button lag. Not to mention it takes about half an hour or more to find someone. :(

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I wish I had $30. My new router makes it always have at least half a second of button lag. Not to mention it takes about half an hour or more to find someone. :(
Did you check your NAT settings? If you are on moderate or strict you will have a much harder time finding games.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Did you check your NAT settings? If you are on moderate or strict you will have a much harder time finding games.
NAT settings? Nooby question but do I have to log on to my IP to do that? My dad lost the password. :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The amount of times I could had $30 in my pocket, I never would had guess that this is the item I need to keep playing Brawl. The main reason I almost never go online is because of the lags, I'll get a Lan cable as soon as I can.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have a pretty decent wireless connection but I may get wired anyways... sometimes pretty decent just isn't enough.

SmashCentralOfficial

I'm glad this idea is picking up. Try to get LAN adapter's guys. They're not that expensive, and it'll make Wifi for ANY game a whole lot more enjoyable.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I've had the LAN adapter for a while, but there wasn't any real improvement in lag.

Not that I play Brawl too much anymore, but just pointing out that there may be mixed experiences.

SmashCentralOfficial

Perhaps. But I've played people in all corners of the US and Canada, and even if they had wireless, it was still pretty good.

Also guys, please don't join the group if you don't have Wired, or if you don't plan on getting it REALLY soon. will remove you from the group. I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but if everyone starts joining regardless of if they have wireless or not, the purpose is defeated.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
NAT settings? Nooby question but do I have to log on to my IP to do that? My dad lost the password. :p
Yeah, you do. Try and reset it (default is always admin for username and password). There may be other ways, but that's the only method I've used to mess with the settings.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you do. Try and reset it (default is always admin for username and password). There may be other ways, but that's the only method I've used to mess with the settings.
Thanks for your help. It was user for pass and username. I guess the old password was during a power outage.
It's still slow but I guess I could get a wired connection.

dustymountain

Smash Rookie
Does the wii wired make much difference? Since it's a USB port it's using, I imagine, that it wouldn't be much/any different then just having excellent wireless.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I thought the LAN adaptor made a real difference, until I played another guy from Texas who (supposedly) said he also had a wired connection. Well guess what? It was the worst connection you could have. We both had dark red orbs lol So I'm beginning to doubt the improvement of using the LAN adaptor.

Top Bottom