• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's confirm all of the new things 3.6 has dropped.

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
After cruising though forums about Project M 3.6, I would like a singular page where we have confirmed new things, and unconfirmed new things to speculate about. This will be updated with new changes over time.

CONFIRMED NEW STUFF

New Character Stuff:
New Dark Armor Samus
(by SJS. He is awesome/)
Fixed ZSS Alts
(Fusion Suit and Light Suit given texture fixes and Justin Bailey has her eyelashes fixed.)
New Orange Diddy kong Recolor
New Dark Armored Charizard Recolor
Olimar has a New Up-B(Mini-jetpack. So cute!)
Bowser is now considered his own series. (He no longer has the old Mushroom symbol. He now has a Bowser logo.)

New Stages
Bowser's Castle
HD N64 Peach's Caste
HD N64 Saffron City
Delfino's Secret
(Actually, Dracula's Castle with new blastzones, designed to be more competitive.)
Luigi's Mansion & Jungle Japes returns!
Alternate Stage Loader
(Press L+A for a different or older version of that stage.)
Through ASL, we have:
Melee Battlefield, N64 Peach's Castle, N64 Dreamland, N64 Saffron City, Pokemon Stadium 1, Delfino Plaza, Brawl Distant Planet, Brawl Summit, N64 Planet Zebes, N64 Sector Z(no size change), Brawl Green Hill Zone, Melee Batlefield
(Note from Nanobuds: Not all stages are getting alternates.
HOWEVER, Mewtwo2000 is fixing his old tool in order to work with PM 3.6 codeset.)
Distant Planet has been updated with mushroom platforms.
WarioWare now has Ashley's face in the background to determine the difference from PM WarioWare and Brawl WarioWare(with mini-games and such.)
Distant Planet now has fixed siding so it is more straight.

New Music, Sounds, and Announcer

The new Bowser theme we heard is a song in the new Bowser's Castle.
(Aranaged by Garrett Williamson. He is awesome, and I hope he makes more stuff for the PMBR.)
We have a few new songs coming our way (Chillin' WIth The Bros, Kicks' Twilite Funk (2:00 A.M.,Animal Crossing Theme (Version M.), and a new Delfino's Secret theme.) (UNCONFIRMED. As of right now, there is no proof of this, besides the credits of the PM 3.6 trailer.)
New sounds. We got a small preview of these sounds in the trailer.
There is a new announcer. We only heard him say "GAME!" in the trailer.

Other Stuff
In-game stock icons instead of dots.
All-Star Versus now has separate stock icons to tell you when a certain character is coming.
Melee Peach's Castle is removed.
Dracula's Castle is removed.
(It lives on through Delfino's Secret. However, it's not exactly the same.)

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
Melee Peach's Castle is removed? Wouldn't it make sense for it to be an alternate stage?

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I didn't see them saying anything about removing Melee Peach's Castle. Not sure why they'd remove it now that they have the ASL. The only reason Dracula's castle was removed/revamped was because they didn't want random 3rd party stuff.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
How so? You mean the way Pit was next in the ASV mode after the FE characters?
AFAIK Warchamp7 said that Pit was the only other Anime-esque sword guy in the game.
But that seems thin...
I'm guessing; it's probably just wishful thinking on my part lol, but the video cuts out right before "Pit" spawns, and Pit is also the character that Lyn is developed off of (they're using Pit for her with the clone engine, not Marth).

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing; it's probably just wishful thinking on my part lol, but the video cuts out right before "Pit" spawns, and Pit is also the character that Lyn is developed off of (they're using Pit for her with the clone engine, not Marth).
I'm aware of that, I saw the [Message_rekt] with [Message_rekt], I'm just a bit leery of discussing leaked material very openly. It's somewhat frowned upon.
I also wish, though.
@ iX_Martyr_Xi iX_Martyr_Xi there are some new sounds too, mostly sword attacks from what I could hear.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I think that girlish looking squiggly .gif figure in the WarioWare scene is new? /shrug

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
I'm aware of that, I saw the [Message_rekt] with [Message_rekt], I'm just a bit leery of discussing leaked material very openly. It's somewhat frowned upon.
I also wish, though.
@ iX_Martyr_Xi iX_Martyr_Xi there are some new sounds too, mostly sword attacks from what I could hear.
Please read in detail, I have New Sounds in already under "New Music, Sounds, and Announcer"
As much as I don't want to get in trouble, it came up, so I want to spread my opinion. I was aware of this Lyn "situation" as well. However, we literally did not see the character you mentioned. Therefore, you have no proof to back it up. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt unless if a PMBR says something about it or it is shown in an official Project M video. (However, I don't frown upon the idea. Keep dreaming, if you so wish. In my opinion, they would have already had stock icons because theyare SO easy to make. So, if there was a custom stock icon, I would believe it. Also, that "situation" back then had some things that were off about it, such as no new menus, no new CSS or SSS.
I think that girlish looking squiggly .gif figure in the WarioWare scene is new? /shrug
Yes. I was aware of this, but forgot to add it. XD I believe this is for determining the difference between Project M WarioWare and Brawl WarioWare(with mini-games and such.) It's edited in now.
Isn't Jungle Japes set to return, much like Luigi's Mansion?
I must have been REALLY tired while making this, as that was something I forgot about as well. It's edited in now.
aw melee peaches castle is removed? Why :(
Once again, I have no idea why. I heard from a PMBR member on PM Reddit(I believe) that said they removed it. I guess they prefer the N64 days.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
It's not like they can't have both Melee Peach's Castle and the 64 version. Just make the Melee version an alternate to Bowser's Castle or Luigi's Mansion.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Delfino's Secret
(Actually, Dracula's Castle with new blastzones, designed to be more competitive.)
Delfino's Secret has new blastzones? Do you have a source for this? I've always hoped that Dracula's Castle could be widely used competitively, but the combination of being incredibly long horizontally as well as having very large blastzones just made the stage too big for singles, so I am very interested if Delfino's Secret has received adjustments.

Juken

Smash Ace
I find it odd that Melee's Peach's castle is removed instead of just having that be the main map with the N64 version being the alternative.

I also hope that we get to see Corneria as a main stage and then Sector Z as an alt stage for it. It's one that I use in my personal build over Mushroom Kingdom (so that it can load classic music for Sector Z as 1-2, and then the newer music for Corneria as 1-1).

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Yoshi's Island 64 appears in the April Fool's trailer. I think it's safe enough to assume that's PM footage and it's in PM now.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
new characters are teased in the trailer. look at the fine print in the credits at the 2:50 mark (or so)
There are no new characters being added to Project M in 3.6. The "New Characters" info at the end of the trailer was referring to changes made from Brawl. e.g., "New Characters" that were not in Brawl are Mewtwo and Roy.

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
There are no new characters being added to Project M in 3.6. The "New Characters" info at the end of the trailer was referring to changes made from Brawl. e.g., "New Characters" that were not in Brawl are Mewtwo and Roy.
I had a feeling it referred to them, so that's why I didn't say new characters. Also, I didn't see any in the trailer, so I had no reason to add any. There are new alternates, but not a new character.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

ahhhhhh, well April Fools on me then lol

LucasKing

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1139-2255
Yoshi's Island 64 appears in the April Fool's trailer. I think it's safe enough to assume that's PM footage and it's in PM now.
I hope not. Honestly it's cute and all that they're putting in 64 stages but it comes to the point of where I stop caring.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I find it odd that Melee's Peach's castle is removed instead of just having that be the main map with the N64 version being the alternative.

I also hope that we get to see Corneria as a main stage and then Sector Z as an alt stage for it. It's one that I use in my personal build over Mushroom Kingdom (so that it can load classic music for Sector Z as 1-2, and then the newer music for Corneria as 1-1).
They want the alternate for the remastered stages to be the N64 versions though. Though I do feel like Peach's castle should still be in. Just make it an alt to something.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I can't believe Peach's Castle is gone...

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
No new characters? Update=Meh. I also don't like this "L+A" bull for stage selection. Does random stage selection even use that? What if I don't want it to?? WUT THEN?

Sandfall

Stage Designer
No new characters? Update=Meh. I also don't like this "L+A" bull for stage selection. Does random stage selection even use that? What if I don't want it to?? WUT THEN?
Alternate stages will never be chosen on random.

Top Bottom