• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, the only Zelda character I have any interest in seeing at this point is Impa as a Sheik echo.

I wouldn't exactly be upset at Skull Kid being playable (Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game after all), but there are factors that make Skull kid kind of a "meh" character to me

1. It wasn't really the Skull Kid behind the events of MM but Majora's Mask
2. Majora's Mask was the ONLY game where Skull Kid was worth a damn (he's been in other games, but had lesser roles)
3. When he was still possessed, he didn't exactly...do alot past the intro? He steals your horse, turns you into an deku, and then just spends the rest of the game chilling on the Clocktown Tower. Once you do get to him, he just screams and just hovers there doing nothing (as far as I remember anyways, maybe I just deal with him quick enough before he does anything).

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Honestly, the only Zelda character I have any interest in seeing at this point is Impa as a Sheik echo.

I wouldn't exactly be upset at Skull Kid being playable (Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game after all), but there are factors that make Skull kid kind of a "meh" character to me

1. It wasn't really the Skull Kid behind the events of MM but Majora's Mask
2. Majora's Mask was the ONLY game where Skull Kid was worth a damn (he's been in other games, but had lesser roles)
3. When he was still possessed, he didn't exactly...do alot past the intro? He steals your horse, turns you into an deku, and then just spends the rest of the game chilling on the Clocktown Tower. Once you do get to him, he just screams and just hovers there doing nothing (as far as I remember anyways, maybe I just deal with him quick enough before he does anything).
3. That's his entire playstyle. It is being incorporated into Smash.

Btw the horse is the aerial recovery ;)

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Idk if it's relevant but in Spanish forums like Vandal or 3djuegos Isaac(or Hans) is very popular. The most liked comments in Newcomers discussions is about him and I love it.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Idk if it's relevant but in Spanish forums like Vandal or 3djuegos Isaac(or Hans) is very popular. The most liked comments in Newcomers discussions is about him and I love it.
Huh. Do we know if any other places speak highly of Isaac like this that aren't UK or US?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Huh. Do we know if any other places speak highly of Isaac like this that aren't UK or US?
Pretty much all of mainland Europe. I know for a fact he's incredibly popular in Germany and France at the very least. Germany alone has like two or three semi-active Golden Sun forums.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Europe is definitely the biggest pullers for our golden boy. I'm glad that at least one market always has it as an their ultimate favorite. I think the ballot and Isaac ranking so high might be because Europe is propping a lot of it up. He's not exactly popular in his home country of Japan and while he has some popularity here in the states, it can be diluted a lot in the midst of a pool of others.

Since I just started on night shift, on days off I've started the first game over again. Currently just beat Colosso a minute ago. It's so easy to forget just how good this game is. You just don't get some elements of the gameplay anywhere else.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Darn it. All this talking and now I have the urge to do another challenge run of GS1. Guess I'll do a psynergy only run this time. :p
Edit: Pondering if I should allow Djinn usage, especially the PP restoring ones. No summons, naturally.

Last edited:

James Tutumbero

Smash Rookie
If I had to take one character's place for Isaac that would be definitely Pichu. She's the only character in the entire franchise I feel she's a left over. There were a lot of Pokémon in that time and they had to include a weaker Pikachu that hurts herself.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I think there is also a community effect, people convince themselves via watching Youtube discussins and chats. Some are convinced Skull kid and Geno are next to come but in fact we just don't know and if you think about it nothing points at any characters. Same goes for Shadow, I heard ppl say he is a given ... but no character is when it comes to smash.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I think there is also a community effect, people convince themselves via watching Youtube discussins and chats. Some are convinced Skull kid and Geno are next to come but in fact we just don't know and if you think about it nothing points at any characters. Same goes for Shadow, I heard ppl say he is a given ... but no character is when it comes to smash.
This is true. There is every chance Isaac isn't in at all. A realistic perspective is always advised for their hopes and dreams

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
People saying many things about GBA but in the DS era we only have Lucario
Just Lucario of the entire DS era
Y'all thought Lucario was DS era, but technically his first ever in-game appearance was in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team as a cameo. So he's a DS/GBA hybrid if you go by first retail appearance :p Poor DS...

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Europe is definitely the biggest pullers for our golden boy. I'm glad that at least one market always has it as an their ultimate favorite. I think the ballot and Isaac ranking so high might be because Europe is propping a lot of it up. He's not exactly popular in his home country of Japan and while he has some popularity here in the states, it can be diluted a lot in the midst of a pool of others.

Since I just started on night shift, on days off I've started the first game over again. Currently just beat Colosso a minute ago. It's so easy to forget just how good this game is. You just don't get some elements of the gameplay anywhere else.
Just beat Saturos I remember this fight giving me so many problems when I was younger got it first try at level 10 :3 of course back then I was fighting with only like 5 djinn total had 8 going in this time XD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unfortunately, apart from our own Billybae10k, there aren't a lot of Youtubers that focus much on Isaac to my knowledge. That hinders proliferation a bit. Though I think PlayerEssence does as well, but I don't watch his stuff.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, apart from our own Billybae10k, there aren't a lot of Youtubers that focus much on Isaac to my knowledge. That hinders proliferation a bit. Though I think PlayerEssence does as well, but I don't watch his stuff.
They probably don't even know who Isaac is. We have to admit, Golden Sun is a niche franchise.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Just beat Saturos I remember this fight giving me so many problems when I was younger got it first try at level 10 :3 of course back then I was fighting with only like 5 djinn total had 8 going in this time XD
Haha, yeah. And you only realize how broken the ones they give you really are. Kite and Ground are just incredible. First game is really short and sweet too. I expect that I'll probably finish it off tomorrow night, Deadbeard and all. Going through GS1 again really helps me remember some of the random things that happen throughout the game and familiarize yourself with places and people that you can tend to forget about.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yeah. And you only realize how broken the ones they give you really are. Kite and Ground are just incredible. First game is really short and sweet too. I expect that I'll probably finish it off tomorrow night, Deadbeard and all. Going through GS1 again really helps me remember some of the random things that happen throughout the game and familiarize yourself with places and people that you can tend to forget about.
Password system here we come!

Edit i've been going back through some old hints and other characters support threads to see how they handle things, I guess sakurai hinted at greninja with a Substitute doll back in the day https://i.imgtc.com/oGu8FPa.jpg

Last edited:

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
I’m actually going to go out on a limb and say Shadow is far less likely than we think he is.

The moveset that Simon has is partially based off Richter’s moves in SotN, and the moveset for the two of them was developed knowing they’d both be representing Castlevania. Just because we got one 3rd party echo, who was developed to complement Simon, doesn’t mean we’ll necessarily get more.

I know there are some huge similarities between Sonic and Shadow, but Sonic (unlike the Castlevania reps) was designed to represent *just* himself. If Shadow is an echo with only his recovery changed, it won’t really feel like the moveset does the character justice and I personally don’t see Sakurai including a character that is untrue to their source material.

He could definitely be a semi-clone, but I feel his chances as an echo are at the very least lower than what seems to be the consensus. I see people all over calling him a “lock” at this point.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Also even though it's nothing compared to building new characters, Echo fighters are still time and ressources consuming and go through a selection process. It's more than mere costume swaps.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I’m actually going to go out on a limb and say Shadow is far less likely than we think he is.

The moveset that Simon has is partially based off Richter’s moves in SotN, and the moveset for the two of them was developed knowing they’d both be representing Castlevania. Just because we got one 3rd party echo, who was developed to complement Simon, doesn’t mean we’ll necessarily get more.

I know there are some huge similarities between Sonic and Shadow, but Sonic (unlike the Castlevania reps) was designed to represent *just* himself. If Shadow is an echo with only his recovery changed, it won’t really feel like the moveset does the character justice and I personally don’t see Sakurai including a character that is untrue to their source material.

He could definitely be a semi-clone, but I feel his chances as an echo are at the very least lower than what seems to be the consensus. I see people all over calling him a “lock” at this point.
Shadow is 100% identical to Sonic in most of his appearances. In most of his appearances he can't even use Chaos Control as a standalone move.

Shadow would absolutely be true to his source material as an Echo of Sonic. And the reason people are calling him a lock is because of two hurdles he had were overcome:

1.) Third-party Echoes
2.) Maybe getting Chaos Control as a recovery

Shadow's AT is still MIA and has been replaced. Dark Samus similarly had her AT removed and her Samus recolor was replaced.

Shadow's AT being removed and seemingly replaced by Knuckles is why people felt like Shadow was likely to begin with.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Hopping out of lurkdom in with my few thoughts regarding Isaac's chances. The August direct made me confident in Isaac with Sakurai mentioning how highly requested a character was as he introduced them. We all know Isaac has always managed to make significant grounds in polls, despite not making any recent appearances.

Also I tend to see Isaac's removal of his assist trophy in 4 used as a negative against him in the speculative community. But I feel it's more of a positive. This creates outcry, this makes people want Isaac's return, makes people vote for him in countless polls. It's similar to how cut characters like Snake, Wolf etc. garner similar rally for their return.

And Chrom is the biggest example of this. He's teased as unplayable in one game, and now we have Sakurai mention how so many people wanted his inclusion. There's really no way I believe Sakurai hasn't seen a similar outcry for Isaac's return, especially back in 2015 or so, during the roster's finalization.

Also Golden Sun songs being moved from Metroid, on the one hand you could say, of course, music is sorted by series now, only logical. But what if we were to look at it from the perspective of why the music is being sorted this way now. I feel it's because of new series debut from first party and third alike with this batch of newcomers in particular and this makes things way more neat and organized.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
There a particular reason one of the supporters has their name linked?
A mistake that I will correct.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. AgatioGanon
  11. Aguki90
  12. airConditioner
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. bassem6
  42. Bassoonist
  43. Billybae10K
  44. BillyBat
  45. Bingoshi
  46. Bkupa666
  47. Blackwolf666
  48. Blaziken
  49. Blue7113
  50. BluePikmin11
  51. BoltDragon
  52. BoN~
  53. Bowser-Daimao
  54. BravadoMan_13
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. Browny
  57. Buddy002
  58. Bunny8093
  59. BUnit
  60. Burruni
  61. Calane
  62. CactusBlah
  63. candyissweet
  64. Capita
  65. Cap'nChreest
  66. Captain Toad
  67. CardStealer1
  68. Chapter Serf
  69. CheckmateChuck
  70. CheeseBroJoe
  71. Cheezey Bites
  72. Chromfirmed
  73. ChronoPenguin
  74. clearandsweet
  75. ClinkStryphart
  76. CliffJumper
  77. cocy965
  78. Cos.
  79. Coaltergeist
  80. Crap-Zapper
  81. CrossDispatcher
  82. cybersai
  83. Dalek_Kolt
  84. Darkdarkness
  85. Darkfur
  86. DatoSm
  87. Dendros
  88. Desert Croc
  89. Destroyer713
  90. Dezeray112
  91. Dhragen
  92. Diddy Kong
  93. Dihan
  94. Dimensionsword64
  95. DivinexRose
  96. DJ3DS
  97. DJBor
  98. D-Man9293
  99. DogManStar
  100. DoodleDuck97
  101. Doncalot
  102. DraginHikari
  103. Drakonis
  104. Dromader
  105. DukeNapoleon
  106. DustyPumpkin
  107. e105beta
  108. Eagle
  109. EclipseSmash
  110. EddyBearr
  111. ED Cantu
  112. Edlocke
  113. egaddmario
  114. ElPanandero
  115. El Syd
  116. EndlessChrom
  117. EndlessRain
  118. EnhaloTricks
  119. EricTheGamerman
  120. Essora
  121. ETFruitNinja
  122. ethanrodgers223
  123. Ezequileste
  124. Falgor
  125. Falkoopa
  126. False Sense
  127. FamiconDisk
  128. Felix_the_Slayer
  129. fenyx4
  130. ferioku
  131. Fire Rider
  132. Fire_Voyager
  133. FirstBlade
  134. Flareon
  135. Flik
  136. Flintike
  137. Flynn.Scifo
  138. fogbadge.
  139. foolssigma
  140. FrankAL
  141. FreddyOnDrugs
  142. Friesnchip
  143. Frosty Pops
  144. GalacticPetey
  145. Gameguy1996
  146. Gazorpazorpfield
  147. Geno Boost
  148. ghastmine
  149. Ghirahilda
  150. GladiusVortex
  151. GM_3826
  152. Golden Icarus
  153. GoodGrief741
  154. Gotann
  155. GraveEclipse567
  156. Hakerson
  157. heylodom
  158. Huanchi
  159. hwrdjacob
  160. iam8bit
  161. Icana
  162. iDazedX_x
  163. Inawordyes
  164. IntelliHeath1
  165. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  166. isaac3000
  167. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  168. IsaacOrRiot
  169. Isaac: Venus Adept
  170. Istry555
  171. IvanQuote
  172. JaidynReiman
  173. Jak_spoon
  174. JamesDNaux
  175. James Tutumbero
  176. Jamurai
  177. JDogindy
  178. JesseMcCloud
  179. JohnnySparkxs
  180. Jupiter Ivan
  181. Jurae818
  182. Just a random scrub
  183. jweb22
  184. KCCHIEFS27
  185. KeniththeGatherer
  186. KeybladeSmasher
  187. Kikaru
  188. Kind Dedede
  189. KingCloud
  190. KingShadow
  191. KiraYoshikage
  192. KirbyDragon
  193. Kirbyfan391
  194. Kisae
  195. Klimax
  196. KMDP
  197. KoalaNut
  198. Kokirikory
  199. Koori
  200. Kremling Man
  201. Kumatora
  202. KurouKamen
  203. Kycse
  204. Lady Palutena
  205. Lampy
  206. LaniusShrike
  207. lanky_gunner
  208. LasermasterA
  209. Leafeon523
  210. LeeYawshee
  211. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  212. legendofrob1
  213. LemmyKoopa
  214. lightdasher
  215. LightheartedBum
  216. Lightosia
  217. Linq
  218. Lisbon Mapping
  219. littl-myth
  220. Liverpool19
  221. Lone (Thirteenth)
  222. Lonodel
  223. Lord-Zero
  224. Lucanic
  225. Lucimar
  226. Ludjinnado
  227. lunarum
  228. Lukingordex
  229. Lurxy
  230. Lynn Eslie
  231. M23-X0
  232. MacSmitty
  233. MagiusNecros
  234. MAGMIS
  235. MainJPW
  236. Malcolm Belmont
  237. MaskO'Gears
  238. Master Rapier
  239. MasterMushroom
  240. Mav485
  241. McLapras
  242. Mega Bidoof
  243. Mendelsin
  244. MetalMario128
  245. Metocles
  246. Miifighters4Smash5
  247. Minato Arisato
  248. Mikegamer0608
  249. Mishudo
  250. Monkokaio
  251. MonopolyRubix
  252. MorbidAltruism
  253. Moydow
  254. MrGame&Rock
  255. MrMacBeth
  256. MrToxicVoltage
  257. Muirkat
  258. Mythzotick
  259. mynameisv
  260. MysticKnives
  261. N3ON
  262. Nauzgo
  263. Neo Zero
  264. NessAtc.
  265. Niala
  266. Nimbostratus
  267. Ninjakid41592
  268. Nintandy
  269. Nintendokusou
  270. NitrusVirus
  271. NonSpecificGuy
  272. NoOtherPersona
  273. NoR4U
  274. Nossnitro102
  275. Octillus
  276. Oddyesy
  277. Olo
  278. Oniric Spriter
  279. OptimisticStrifer
  280. Oracle_Summon
  281. Organization XIII
  282. osby
  283. otarolgam
  284. Oz37
  285. Pacack
  286. Papagenos
  287. ParanoidDrone
  288. Pcubed007
  289. Pennate
  290. Phaazoid
  291. PhilosophicAnimal
  292. pholtos
  293. Pizza Robo
  294. P.Kat
  295. Plain Yogurt
  296. Playcube
  297. PlayfulMushroom
  298. POKEMANSPIKA
  299. Powerman293
  300. PSIguy89
  301. PSYNergy
  302. PrinceGal3n
  303. PWN3
  304. Pwnapplez
  305. QcSlayer
  306. Quetzal77
  307. R.O.B.
  308. Radical Beam
  309. Radori
  310. Raetah
  311. Raykz
  312. Raziek
  313. Red Ryu
  314. RegiGygas117
  315. Replica
  316. Retro gamer
  317. RhymeswithEmpty
  318. Roger Smith
  319. RosaPeach
  320. Royaru
  321. Royvolution Ream
  322. RumpletrellskiN
  323. Ryan
  324. Ryuji
  325. Ryuutakeshi
  326. Sabrewulf238
  327. Saer2k
  328. Sagittarius
  329. Salocin
  330. sandfall
  331. SanicJan
  332. Scatmansworld25
  333. Scoliosis Jones
  334. Seb9k+
  335. Secret Sexytime
  336. Seleir
  337. Seoxys
  338. sheik93
  339. Shin F.
  340. Shinhed-echi
  341. Shog
  342. Sidboylol
  343. Silo777
  344. SirCamp
  345. skaaaa
  346. Skeleton o' Fun
  347. SkullKidKing
  348. Skyblade12
  349. Skyfox2000
  350. sman3975
  351. Smash_Handle69
  352. SmashBro99
  353. smashkirby
  354. SmashShadow
  355. smashtriforce77
  356. smileMasky
  357. SmilingMad
  358. SMX
  359. Solfiner
  360. someonetookjacob
  361. SonicLink125
  362. SonicSmasher
  363. SoraSaturn
  364. SorrowOfAcheron
  365. SoulofKhaos
  366. Spatman
  367. Spazzy_D
  368. Speedwagon
  369. spoilerowl
  370. Spootondorf
  371. Sqid
  372. SSBFan
  373. Staarih
  374. StaffofSmashing
  375. Strider_Bond00J
  376. StrikeBlade
  377. SuperBrawler
  378. Superfiremario
  379. SuperNintendoKid
  380. Supersmash77
  381. Superyoshiom
  382. Swampasaur
  383. Sykin
  384. Takasmash
  385. TBone06
  386. TCT~Phantom
  387. Techno1000
  388. TeenGirlSquad
  389. TehEpicRyuga
  390. TempestSurge
  391. Tetiro
  392. ThatShadowLink
  393. THE 6r
  394. The Curious Volnutt
  395. The One Who Wrote This
  396. Thekewlusername
  397. T-Hell
  398. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  399. TheSeanMan
  400. TheSpaceKing
  401. The Stoopid Unikorn
  402. TheTactician
  403. thethirdkoopa
  404. TheZoologist
  405. ThirdDay
  406. ThoughtfulWanderer
  407. ThunderOverload
  408. TiaSilvia
  409. TimeSmash
  410. Tiymako
  411. ToothiestAura
  412. topspin1617
  413. Travix Man
  414. True Blue Warrior
  415. Turmalinium
  416. UltimateWario
  417. Ultinarok
  418. Vann Accessible
  419. Vegito2727
  420. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  421. Vintage Creep
  422. Violenceman
  423. walph
  424. Warheart_666
  425. Wigglytuff ★
  426. winterofsilver
  427. Wintropy
  428. WhiteEaglePL
  429. Xelion
  430. Xenigma
  431. XenoWarriorX
  432. XeVioN
  433. Xiivi
  434. xLemmy_KoopaX
  435. xpnc
  436. XTremeGamer1234
  437. XxLtxX
  438. YellowLord
  439. Yoshi444
  440. YoshiandToad
  441. Young Horsetail
  442. Your Hero
  443. YwhaletailY
  444. Zabadoo
  445. zagman505
  446. zaiman12345
  447. Zandro
  448. ZanZero
  449. ZarroTsu
  450. ZeldaMaster
  451. ZelDan
  452. ZestyÑ
  453. zferolie
  454. Zulyar
  455. Zuppo

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac was always supposed to be in Smash 4, but Sakurai couldn't finish typing the gold transfer password in time.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Password system here we come!

Edit i've been going back through some old hints and other characters support threads to see how they handle things, I guess sakurai hinted at greninja with a Substitute doll back in the day https://i.imgtc.com/oGu8FPa.jpg
I wonder how Sakurai expected anyone to get Greninja from that though. I mean sure he can learn substitute and he ended up using it as part of his moveset but he's not the only Pokemon who can learn substitute.

It makes me wonder if these hints aren't really meant for us....maybe Sakurai is just having fun vaguely hinting at characters. (the kind of hints that only make sense in hindsight)

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I wonder how Sakurai expected anyone to get Greninja from that though. I mean sure he can learn substitute and he ended up using it as part of his moveset but he's not the only Pokemon who can learn substitute.

It makes me wonder if these hints aren't really meant for us....maybe Sakurai is just having fun vaguely hinting at characters. (the kind of hints that only make sense in hindsight)
It might just be that. After all behind all that glitz and glamour Sakurai is just another person. And who wouldn't want to have fun teasing characters if they could?

This could just be Sakurai having fun. Like the screen shaking for K Rool or the Intro to Smash Ultimate's segment to the E3 Direct.

I think he's just having fun

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Isaac was always supposed to be in Smash 4, but Sakurai couldn't finish typing the gold transfer password in time.
On top of that, he couldn't tell if the O's were 0's or if he copied down a lower or upper cased C. Don't even get me started about I's, l's and 1's. Should have used his 20 year old link cable.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
On top of that, he couldn't tell if the O's were 0's or if he copied down a lower or upper cased C. Don't even get me started about I's, l's and 1's. Should have used his 20 year old link cable.
I can't wait for 1saaC in Smash Ultimate.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't know about this assist trophies and mii costumes thing, it would make the roster very very predictable.
Exactly. And we've gotten characters who haven't had these either. Simon and Ridley are notable, but Daisy as well who didn't have a costume either. Dark Sammy was an AT but not a costume.

There were also costumes of already playable characters (Samus, Captain Falcon, Link), and some costumes still remained AT's. There's no consistency here.

Isaac is easily explainable. He wasn't made a costume because it'd make him TOO obvious. At least K. Rool is reasonable, he had a trophy in the game already. The only characters who got costumes that didn't have trophies in the game already were third-party. And Inklings, but Inklings were given a trophy at the same time the Inkling Mii costumes were added.

Its reasonable to think some characters got costumes because of popularity, but that doesn't make them a lock to be playable at all. Several Mii Fighters without a role already got an Assist Trophy, such as Knuckles and Zero.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think I know a bunch of Youtubefs who like Golden sun, but since there hasn't been a golden sun in so many years, they don't think he has any chance.

:(

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac is easily explainable. He wasn't made a costume because it'd make him TOO obvious. At least K. Rool is reasonable, he had a trophy in the game already. The only characters who got costumes that didn't have trophies in the game already were third-party. And Inklings, but Inklings were given a trophy at the same time the Inkling Mii costumes were added.
It's like how you wouldn't expect Reggie to have a Golden Sun figurine on his desk during an announcement. They couldn't do that and get away with it.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I think I know a bunch of Youtubefs who like Golden sun, but since there hasn't been a golden sun in so many years, they don't think he has any chance.

Isn't Arlo a Golden Sun fan? I wish he would talk about it more.

Also, if I remember correctly, a lot of the people at RoosterTeeth are also Golden Sun fans.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
He posted a video the other day and talked about some characters he thinks are likely, Isaac didn't even get a mention. Talk about disappointing.

You'd think King K Rool getting in would blow that argument out of the water.

Anytime you mention K. Rool people bring up the fact that he was at least part of a relevant franchise....but if that article about Nintendo being taken by surprise at King K. Rools popularity in the ballot is to be believed then King K. Rool wasn't any better off than Isaac and Golden Sun.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
You know what? It’s now or never, do add me as an Isaac supporter! His games were fun and I’d like to see another retro revival!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He posted a video the other day and talked about some characters he thinks are likely, Isaac didn't even get a mention. Talk about disappointing.
I think he talked about it way back in march.

https://youtu.be/tYbRBiAmONI

Though, it's hard to say if he thinks it's ever going to happen.

Also, if I remember correctly, a lot of the people at RoosterTeeth are also Golden Sun fans.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆