• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let me hear your opinions...

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=2760]Let me hear your opinions...[/drupal]

Which of the three following titles N64 do you consider to be the best, and why do you think this way?

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Banjo Kazooie
-Super Mario 64

Halloween

Smash Cadet
Legend of Zelda Majoras mask. I found that game so much more funner then Ocarina of time, but by going with ur list id say OoT just because i love the zelda games, and theres just so much to that game. Its great.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Link to original post: Let me hear your opinions...

Which of the three following titles N64 do you consider to be the best, and why do you think this way?

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Banjo Kazooie
-Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time.

This was an amazing game, especially for its time.

The whole runthrough was so complex, featuring a thousand and one twists and aspects. With three places to go as a child and then seven temples as an adult, coupled with an amazing final battle against two forms of Ganon(dorf). As the game continues, your possibilities and capabilities grow with it.

It's amazing the things you could do in that game.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Banjo Kazooie simply because I grew up with that game. I love it.

SM64...I only played once, and all I remember is riding around on a Koopa shell.
Ocarina, I really liked when I played it, even though it's so **** hard.

And even though it's quite a bit different then Banjo, I would recommend Conker's Bad Fur Day if you haven't played it. For me, it was like a more mature (ok, not really mature, but more mature themed) Banjo when I played it back in 06', and made me want to play Banjo really bad. If you don't like squirrels blowing stuff up and swearing continuously, you probably wouldn't like it though.

justaway12

Smash Master
Maybe it's me, but I disliked Oot by quite a bit actually. Nothing interested me, I guess, I ended up stopping playing at the whale thingies mouth.

I REALLY enjoyed 64, there were so many things too keep me entertianed <3, sometimes, I just enjoyed belly sliding around the garden or just showing off Mario's mad acrobatic skills. I loved it <3
My favorite 64 game <3

EDIT: I just saw Banjo Kazooie, I haven't played that game, sorry =x
I completly missed that, sorry >.<

finalark

SNORLAX
Link to original post: [drupal=2760]Let me hear your opinions...[/drupal]

-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Banjo Kazooie
-Super Mario 64
Fixed it for you, people seem to get the words "Ocarina of Time" and "Majora's Mask" mixed up all the time for some reason.

Anyawy, in all seriousness, those are all three extreamly overrated titles that I didn't grow up with because I had a Playstation in the late 90s, not a Nintendo 64. But out of all of those, Ocrina is the Best becuase while Banjo Kazooie suffered from some poor game design and Mario 64 suffered from poor levels near the end, Ocarina suffered from the Water temple, and only a few other minor things.

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Banjo Kazooie simply because I grew up with that game. I love it.

SM64...I only played once, and all I remember is riding around on a Koopa shell.
Ocarina, I really liked when I played it, even though it's so **** hard.

And even though it's quite a bit different then Banjo, I would recommend Conker's Bad Fur Day if you haven't played it. For me, it was like a more mature (ok, not really mature, but more mature themed) Banjo when I played it back in 06', and made me want to play Banjo really bad. If you don't like squirrels blowing stuff up and swearing continuously, you probably wouldn't like it though.
Yeah, I've played Conker's also and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ocarina of Time.

This was an amazing game, especially for its time.

The whole runthrough was so complex, featuring a thousand and one twists and aspects. With three places to go as a child and then seven temples as an adult, coupled with an amazing final battle against two forms of Ganon(dorf). As the game continues, your possibilities and capabilities grow with it.

It's amazing the things you could do in that game.
Yeah sounds like A Link to the Past 3D.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
None of them.
They weren't that entertaining.

I enjoyed Conker's Bad Fur Day, 007: Goldeneye/007: The World is Not Enough (pick your poison, I think TWiNO > Goldeneye), Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Puzzle League, and Super Smash Bros. several hundred times more than Super Mario 64, LoZ: OoT, and Banjo Kazooie.

Ryne

Smash Cadet
Why the heck is GoldenEye not listed? I beat OoT earlier this year and the things that bugged me where the lack of dialogue (NPC's would recite the same dialogue over and over again) and a mediocre story. Not to mention, the final boss fights with Ganon(dorf) were a complete joke. I had WAY more fun playing the original Zelda on the NES than that game.

Best games for N64: Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, StarFox 64, Super Smash Bros, GoldenEye, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64.

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Why the heck is GoldenEye not listed? I beat OoT earlier this year and the things that bugged me where the lack of dialogue (NPC's would recite the same dialogue over and over again) and a mediocre story. Not to mention, the final boss fights with Ganon(dorf) were a complete joke. I had WAY more fun playing the original Zelda on the NES than that game.

Best games for N64: Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, StarFox 64, Super Smash Bros, GoldenEye, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64.
Golden Eye was not listed because the three here are ones that I am considering replaying in the near future and I want to see what people think about them and that these three are all similar games where as GoldenEye is a FPS and belongs in a separate category.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I never really experienced OOT until the Gamecube but I'll tell yah, Super Mario 64 was amazing for my time, but so was Banjo Kazooie. They were both like, my childhood, sort of, but not really 'cause that would be a lame childhood.

But Banjo Kazooies Click Clock Woods (or whatever it is called again..) is the best level design I've ever seen in an N64 game, so that hands down wins everything.

OOT was great too. Too bad I was a wussy and did the game pretty much all the way through with a guide. Though I did sort of make it up with doing the game without a guide about 6-7 years later.

I'd say if you're considering replaying one of them, then OOT would be the best bet. Has the most replayability out of all of them really. Though once you actually 100% it's hard to go through it again for a while, lol. And Mario 64 too. For some reason I have a hard time replaying Banjo Kazooie without getting bored half way through. Not sure why.

finalark

SNORLAX
Golden Eye was not listed because the three here are ones that I am considering replaying in the near future and I want to see what people think about them and that these three are all similar games where as GoldenEye is a FPS and belongs in a separate category.
Wait, how are they in the same catagory?

Mario 64 and Banjo are platformers and (I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this) and OoT is an Action RPG (ducks).

Anyway, I have to agree with what Teran on the "Link to the Past 3D" thing.

Seriously, there are one hundred other better games for the Nintendo 64 you could replay that aren't those overrated glory-hogs.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah sounds like A Link to the Past 3D.
See, to me, this is what make the Zelda games so great. If you really look at it, LoZ, LttP, OoT and WW are all the same game. Increases in technology allow the same story to be retold in a bigger, better way. They all improved on each other as technology increased, and it added things that simply weren't possible before. That's where TP failed in my opinion; it didn't add anything new to the formula (the Wii version's motion controls were a joke).

I don't want to derail the thread, but I felt like that had to be said.

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
OoT yeah....It's the best game ever. Wicked puzzles, questionable ways to beat bosses,hidden treasure, and yeah much more.. Basically most 3D zelda games were the same, but OoT had a special charm. But I didn't really like how the games came out in this weird order. I didn't like how the nintendo 64 had so many games with 64 after it. Super mario 64 was ok tho. Haven't tried banjo kazooie so i cant say much.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Im glad theres mention of conkers bad fur day in here :)
also... if anyone hasnt played pokemon puzzle.. i highly reccomend it for people who like to literally "think fast". its really addicting O_o

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Kirby 64.

But in all seriousness, I don't see what is great with those games. Go find a good, underrated N64 game. I'm sure it'll make your day....or however long it would take for you to play it.

n88

Smash Lord
Superman 64

Super Mario 64 was pretty good. Tick-Tock Clock=Epic Win. I never played OoT or Banjo & Kazooie, though. Can't speak for those.

starmatrix

Smash Cadet
Im glad theres mention of conkers bad fur day in here :)
also... if anyone hasnt played pokemon puzzle.. i highly reccomend it for people who like to literally "think fast". its really addicting O_o
I remember Pokemon Puzzle.. it was surprisingly good. Though in VS mode, playing on the lowest speeds = lose.

cutter

Smash Champion
See, to me, this is what make the Zelda games so great. If you really look at it, LoZ, LttP, OoT and WW are all the same game. Increases in technology allow the same story to be retold in a bigger, better way. They all improved on each other as technology increased, and it added things that simply weren't possible before. That's where TP failed in my opinion; it didn't add anything new to the formula (the Wii version's motion controls were a joke).

I don't want to derail the thread, but I felt like that had to be said.
I think you nailed it Jam. This is also the reason why Super Metroid is right up there with OoT as one of the best games ever created. Super Metroid took the base of what made the NES Metroid such a great game, remade, and repolished it to become a truly epic masterpiece.

Top Bottom