• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Obviously the only pokemon with 3 awesome stages of evolution that would work with this idea is Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd play a Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir line myself. I wouldn't enjoy Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise much though, and I feel that Blastoise would be more different than it's prevolutions that it could warrant more than just property changing.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I think there are a few different lines that could work. From a gameplay only perspective:

Charmander
Squirtle
Pichu
Abra
Machop
Geodude
Elekid
Magby
Totodile
Treecko
Torchic
Seedot
Ralts
Whismur
Budew
Chimchar
Piplup
Tepig
Timburr
Gothita
Axew

Of course a number of them would have some implementation difficulties, and most wouldn't have the popularity, but I think any of these lines could be made to work with a little effort.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
However, a digivolving mechanic would be awesome

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of Beldum and his line, but I think it'd wind up being too different between the three evolutions. It's why I suggested Ralts and such, since aside from Gardevoir being popular, the three of them are more or less pretty similar, just growing a bit in height and such. The idea of Beldum and Metagross fighting the same way with only property changes is hard to imagine, though possible I suppose.

Since it's been merged with a new thread, I'd also love to see Deoxys. His time has passed though, unless something happens to change that. His best bet was getting in to SSBB, but since that didn't happen I'll try and accept it. Which is a shame, since I think he'd have been a very fun Pokemon to use, definitely more so than Lucario, even if Deoxys lacked his form change.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Deoxys would be great with Four formes. Though interchanging between them looks like a hassle.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
The idea I liked was basically Deoxys' B moves would cause him to transform into one of his four forms (perhaps each one of the B would be different depending on the form used too), and then his A-moves and general characteristics would be different based on the form he's in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had the evolution idea as a gimmick to bring / justify having Pichu back. And also as an idea to make Pokemon Trainer different, as in, Water, Grass and Fire type Pokemon Trainer.

For Pichu, he'd obviously evolve into well known veteran Pikachu. This is done through 'happiness' as in the game. Which means: be the first to bring down the opponent's stock. Pikachu would evolve into Raichu by touching the Thunder Stone that would randomly appear on stage (as an item, nobody could grab it but Pikachu, but defending it is still possible). Pichu would play as his Melee self mostly (bit of revamps though, but mostly the same idea). And Raichu would play as N64 Pikachu basically.

Pikachu himself could still be selected though, but selecting Pichu would allow Pikachu to of coarse evolve in the much stronger Raichu.

Pichu's 'happiness' can be triggerd by various things though. Especially items could increase his happiness, or seeing Mew, Celebi, Jirarchi or Mananphy in a Pokéball could maybe evolve him instantly. But in normal stock based fights it kinda means: don't get your *** kicked. Evolving into Raichu is somewhat trickier though, and the Thunder Stone would drop earlier if your at a disadvantage. Items wouldn't affect this at all, but sometimes a Thunder Stone could drop out of a Party Ball, Barrel or Crate, but very rarely.

For Pokemon Trainer, you basically could choose your starter. Bulbasaur :001: , Charmander :004: or Squirtle :007: . The evolution would work kinda differently though. Depending on how much stocks you have basically, you evolve as soon as you take 1/3rd of the opponent's stocks.

Could post more detailed ideas if people are interessted. Cause I've been spreiding this idea for some time.

:phone:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
What happens when you only have two stocks? Or a timed match? Or coins? Though, on the subject of PT, I'd be fine with him having Pokemon from other areas, spreading to the other regions would be a way to represent them without having them in otherwise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Timed matches could be the same. Only time based, and you evolve after taking an opponent's stock. Two stocks? You start as second tier evolution.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes but I had a more well witten analysis of this earlier.

The evolution would pass after you get a KO though. As 'experience' would be needed for evolution of coarse. Not just 1/3rd of the time (which would be meassured roughly).

In 1 minute matches though... You just start as the 3rd tier evolution. Same with 1 stock matches.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think they could be fun, but even from the third generation (for me at least) they're competing with Gardevoir and Deoxys, both whom I want more. I think they're more likely though, given Sakurai was considering them (presumably) at one time. Another Ice Climbers could be fun.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think we need another electric mouse. Or two for that matter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do think however that we really need Blastoise. :009:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We shouldn't use any pokemon less than OU tier

except Blastoise

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We need some reps representing each gen. Gen I has more than enough, anyways.

Maybe the pokemon picked should be GOOD pokemon (Regardless of generation), instead of just letting one from each gen be in BECAUSE

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still want Blastoise cause of Blastoise. **** this generation crap. Blastoise has been in all generations. :009:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't like Blastoise all that much. But I'm not a fan of the final evolution of most starters, so that isn't that odd. And I think Gen II has it hardest. I can see plenty of viable Gen III reps, Gen IV has Lucario, and Gen V has it's own hypothetical reps (obviously Gen I doesn't need to be mentioned). But I can't see any barring Pichu coming back being vaguely plausible, unless they decided to make the starters the Johto ones.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I honestly don't like Blastoise all that much. But I'm not a fan of the final evolution of most starters, so that isn't that odd. And I think Gen II has it hardest. I can see plenty of viable Gen III reps, Gen IV has Lucario, and Gen V has it's own hypothetical reps (obviously Gen I doesn't need to be mentioned). But I can't see any barring Pichu coming back being vaguely plausible, unless they decided to make the starters the Johto ones.
I really don't see how you could dislike Blastoise. He's a giant turtle with cannons coming from his shell.
Turtle + Cannons = Awesome

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I said vaguely plausible. I think Pichu is more likely than any other Pokemon in Gen 2 barring potentially a different Starter lineup for PT. I really can't think of any Generation 2 Pokemon I could see as playable other than Pichu. I don't think Pichu is likely in the grand scheme of things, though stranger things have happened.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that's very likely, serious suggestion or not. Donaphan isn't all that popular that I recall, and is lacking in particularly noteworthy roles barring being one of the earlier Generation 2 reveals. I'd rather see Pichu again personally (though I liked playing as Pichu, so not quite as bad as that might initially seem).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We don't need 2 electric rats. Unless they add Raichu as well

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donphan should totally have an evolution though in X and Y.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of mammoths, I was disappointed how weak they are in fossil fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom