• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hehehe...a "Weeyu/WiiU"

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I want Prof. Oak fighting without Pokémons, but with his own fists.
He enters the fight, rips his shirt and reveals is perfect muscular body full of tattoos.
And next he gets **** done

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What about these

Butterape (glad the "e" is there)

Lickitly (imagine Lick with stab bonus)

Arbizard (Just awesome)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Veniux

Pikayu

Seekazam

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like the drawn pictures, but the sprites are just lazy face changes with palette swaps. I don't get the big deal.

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Hey guys I'm new here and I would like to share with you guys a new character that I think has a chance to make it into the next Smash Brothers.
Behold: The Panda Pokemon Pancham!
Pancham is a newly revealed Fighting type Pokemon for the 6th Generation of Pokemon. Its signature move is Parting Remark, which in Pokemon lowers the opponents Attack and Special Attack and allows the user to switch out (like U-Turn). Its Pokedex entry reads: "With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful)."
Reasons for Pancham making it in:
  • Pancham is from 6th gen so he is incredibly relevant to the franchise.
  • Among Pokemon fans, he is one of the more popular 6th gen reveals.
  • Because he is fighting type, he has the best movest potential among 6th gen pokemon currently revealed minus Newtwo
  • Is cute instead of monster like which can appeal to a lot of people.
Reasons he won't make it in:
  • Pokemon roster looks full with Mewtwo/Newtwo pretty much a sure thing
  • Is really small so range will be hard to work
  • While popular among Pokemon fans, he doesn't have much (if any) support to be in the new Smash Bros.
Panchum has the best 6th gen chance to get in of currently revealed Pokemon (minus Newtwo of course). The biggest problem of course is if they even add any new Pokemon to the roster not named Mewtwo. He probably wont make it in at all unless they want to cut Jigglypuff or Lucario. He could also not get in if they wanted to change the trainer to using the 6th gen Pokemon making his relevancy with 6th gen... well.... irrelevant. They probably wont do that seeing how popular the original trainer is and they probably don't want to make another 3 characters for the franchise, when it's unlikely they may even add anyone outside of Newtwo. It's possible they may reveal a new Pokemon who is a better fit, but as of right now he seems like the best shot.
Pancham size could be quite the issue, but that could possibly be solved with his evolved form when he's revealed down the line. The last problem is his support for smash which is probably nonexistent at this point in time. It's possible once the games come out and having some role in the anime perhaps he will start to gain some support. I think that if they wanted to go in a direction were they didn't want to add a monster like Pokemon and one of the smaller cuter ones he would be the ideal choice. My odds of him getting are probably in the >10% range.
Thanks guys that's all I got. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong and he has a 0% chance of getting in :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't beat MY team. :shades:

Seachamp!

Hitmonkazam!

Rhyusaur!

Seaizard!

Ratdon!

Venuslash!

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Not sure where else to say this but Sandshrew would be pretty cool, and so would Ekans, Bedrill too and possibly waboufet if I spelled that correctly. I even have some minor ideas on how each of them could feasibly play. Can't think of any other pokemon that I'd like to see added in off the top of my head, maybe ratatata which I probably also mispelled. Lol, hyperfang.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new here and I would like to share with you guys a new character that I think has a chance to make it into the next Smash Brothers.
Behold: The Panda Pokemon Pancham!
Pancham is a newly revealed Fighting type Pokemon for the 6th Generation of Pokemon. Its signature move is Parting Remark, which in Pokemon lowers the opponents Attack and Special Attack and allows the user to switch out (like U-Turn). Its Pokedex entry reads: "With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful)."
Reasons for Pancham making it in:
  • Pancham is from 6th gen so he is incredibly relevant to the franchise.
  • Among Pokemon fans, he is one of the more popular 6th gen reveals.
  • Because he is fighting type, he has the best movest potential among 6th gen pokemon currently revealed minus Newtwo
  • Is cute instead of monster like which can appeal to a lot of people.
Reasons he won't make it in:
  • Pokemon roster looks full with Mewtwo/Newtwo pretty much a sure thing
  • Is really small so range will be hard to work
  • While popular among Pokemon fans, he doesn't have much (if any) support to be in the new Smash Bros.
Panchum has the best 6th gen chance to get in of currently revealed Pokemon (minus Newtwo of course). The biggest problem of course is if they even add any new Pokemon to the roster not named Mewtwo. He probably wont make it in at all unless they want to cut Jigglypuff or Lucario. He could also not get in if they wanted to change the trainer to using the 6th gen Pokemon making his relevancy with 6th gen... well.... irrelevant. They probably wont do that seeing how popular the original trainer is and they probably don't want to make another 3 characters for the franchise, when it's unlikely they may even add anyone outside of Newtwo. It's possible they may reveal a new Pokemon who is a better fit, but as of right now he seems like the best shot.
Pancham size could be quite the issue, but that could possibly be solved with his evolved form when he's revealed down the line. The last problem is his support for smash which is probably nonexistent at this point in time. It's possible once the games come out and having some role in the anime perhaps he will start to gain some support. I think that if they wanted to go in a direction were they didn't want to add a monster like Pokemon and one of the smaller cuter ones he would be the ideal choice. My odds of him getting are probably in the >10% range.
Thanks guys that's all I got. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong and he has a 0% chance of getting in :awesome:

pangoro_pandarbare_pandagro1.jpg

How about Pangorro can throw pancham for ranged attacks or maybe focus blast. I want to see this pokemon in it :D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would love to play as Team Rocket.

My idea for Team Rocket would work like Doronjo in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, where you fight as Doronjo (in this case, Meowth) while her lackeys perform several standalone attacks and then leave (in this case Jesse, James, with their respective Pokemon... limited to Arbok and Weezing perhaps).

So my idea would be as follows:

You play as Meowth

A: Scratch
AAA: Fury swipes (repeated slashing a'la Fox AAA)
Tilt A: Bite
Up A: Headbutt
Dwn A: Tail Whip
Usmash: Takedown
Fsmash: Slash
Dsmash: Swift (hits both sides)

Nair: Hyper Voice (hits in circular fashion)
Fair: Night slash
Bair: Feint
Dair: Assurance (dive-type)

B: Payday (Similar to Brawl's version if you tap quickly. Similar to 64's version if you just hold)
BTilt: Triple-bycicle (Jesse, James, and Meowth start pedalling a bike, with great horizontal recovery until they figure out they're defying the laws of gravity and then start falling)
BDown: Arbok Wrap(Jesse summons Arbok, which will wrap opponent, working like a grab)
BUp: Weezing smog (James summons Weezing who works like in Melee).

Final Smash: Gyarados
(Meowth's tail is bitten by a Magikarp, angered Meowth kicks it away, and it turns into Gyarados who attacks everyone on screen with Dragon Rage)

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Nincada

Standard Special: Metal Claw
Side Special: Sand Attack
Up Special: Silver Wind
Down Special: Dig
Final Smash: Bug Buzz

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Nincada

Standard Special: Metal Claw
Side Special: Sand Attack
Up Special: Silver Wind
Down Special: Dig
Final Smash: Bug Buzz

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Just noticed this thread, and I wanted to suggest my dream dream character from pokemon

Cynthia
Pokemon: Glaceon (duh), Lucario, Garchomp
Final Smash: Mega Garchomp Outrage

and that's as much thought as I give it because it ain't going to happen. But a girl can dream ...

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
How about Scizor?
SCIZOR

250px-212Scizor.png

Scizor is a heavyweight fighter, about as tall as Captain Falcon. He (As I will call it) uses mainly melee attacks with a few projectiles.

Stats
Weight: 8
Size: 8
Ground Speed: 4
Air Speed: 6
Fall Speed: 7
Jumps: 3

Special Moves
  • B: Metal Claw: Scizor slashes in front of him. If he hits a fighter, it deals moderate damage. If not, Scizor stumbles for half a second. Metal Claw has a low hitbox.
  • Side: Iron Head: Scizor grabs in front of him. If the grab lands on a fighter, Scizor headbutts them, stunning them and dealing damage.
  • Up: Agility: Scizor bursts into the air using his wings. If he hits a fighter, it deals slight damage. If a fighter is nearby, they are pushed away by wind.
  • Down: Toxic: Scizor spits out a bubble of poison in front of him. If it hits a fighter, they are left with a effect similar to Lip's Stick for a short time. If not, it creates a puddle on the ground, poisoning anyone it touches. Only one puddle is available at a time.
  • Final Smash: Mega Evolution: Scizor Mega Evolves into Mega Scizor, increasing his Ground Speed to 6, Air Speed to 7 and his Jumps up to 5. His strength increases during this transformation. He also receives no knockback or flinching. This lasts for 15 seconds.
Costume Swaps
  • Regular
  • Green (Shiny)
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Black
  • White
Taunts
  • Up: Scizor makes a chomping motion with his claws.
  • Down: Scizor rapidly moves his wings.
  • Side: Scizor bounces up and down as he closes his eyes.
Idle Poses
  • Scizor closes his eyes, relaxes, and "Z"s appear above his head.
Win Poses
  • Scizor flies up and immediately crashes onto the ground. He then looks up, confused.
  • Scizor runs onto the screen, trips, and falls. He then gets up, embarrassed.
  • Scizor calmly walks up to the camera and poses.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Abra line is actually my favourite Pokemon ever.

But Meowth and Blaziken are Pokemon I'd actually like to play as in Smash.

They will never ever happen though because Meowth was usurped by Jigglypuff and Blaziken may be too dang similar to Captain Falcon.

Morbi

Scavenger
Meowth is really the only blatant omission from the roster, I cannot fathom why the spiritual rival of Pikachu (inverted Pokedex numbers alluding to the notion of cat and mouse) along with his prominent role in the popular anime series wasn't selected as a fighter as of yet. It would be a dream come true, his move-set potential is staggering, you could go almost any direction you wanted with him. I would prefer something to do with his elaborate and quirky gadget that never work. Apparently Meowth is based on Satoshi Tajiri's cat too. You would think there would be some emotional correlation, to an extent. Whatever.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Heh, none of your choices could stand up to the unstoppable juggernaut that is Genduo!
genduo ikari.png

(Neglected son in a giant purple robot not included.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Can't beat my team!
Moltmeleon:

Mewtung:

Dodos:

Weepinking:

Aerota:

And finally, Mew:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
What do we think of Gengar? He has always been Ken Sugimori's favorite Pokémon, he's pretty important, and he just got a Mega.

Also, he would be a light, big, fast fighter. Pretty unique in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom