• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leon Powalski: A chance?

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Remember Leon Powalski from Starfox? The chameleon guy always going after Falco? I think he would make a great addition to Brawl, a few questions....

Do u think he has a chance to get in, or should i stop dreaming?

If he made it into Brawl would u like to see him using daggers as he is a kind of assassain (im hoping to make a moveset for him)?

Finally, how is this for a b move: camoflaugue. hold for up to 10 seconds, if used for 10 seconds cannot be used for a further 15 seconds after that to avoid spamming. basically u become invisible like cloaking device, but u suffer 1.5 times normal damage from any attack that hits you to balance it. flexible with this attack, feedback more than welcome.

and information on leon can be found here with one pic, i searched the web briefly and thats the only pic i could see. http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Leon_Powalski

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I like the idea of using daggers and camo. Make some more up.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The question is not if he has a chance or not, but rather why anyone would want him in the game in the first place...

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I find it rather doubtful as an actual character, including a clone (although I suppose a costume change would technically be possible). The problem is there's BOTH Krystal (heroine) AND Wolf (rival of the hero, as opposed to just rival of the co-hero like Leon) who would have higher bidding. And there really isn't anything in the character designs that would give a reason to choose Leon over those two.

D

Deleted member

Leon's cool, and only one of two origional StarWolf members by the time of 'Command... But really. Do you honestly see him being in over Krystal and Wolf? He's way down on the list, after even Slippy or Peppy. 'Just not important enough - sorry.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Ness is the star of his game.

Leon is a pretty unimportant character in a large series.

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
He will not get in before wolf.
yeh, but if ssbb has a big roster (like 50+) and wolf gets in, i think falco should get his rival. i dont care about krystal, she annoyed me in the games. i want the protagonist and his partner and the antagonist and his partner. i reckon leon has as much chance as bowser jnr.

thx for the replies so far anyway

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Yes Leon Powalski does have a chance, but I think there are other characters that deserve it. He sure would be better than Panther though.

D

Deleted member

Leon has less of a chance than Slippy or Peppy, I imagine.

D

Deleted member

General Scales? Wha? He'll never be in. Leon's been in it since '64 but never played any important role.

D

Deleted member

Do you really think Slippy and Peppy have no chance whatsoever? :p

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Leon has less of a chance than Slippy or Peppy, I imagine.
i keep hearing this and i wonder: Leon is more of a fighter than these two, he is shown always trying to kill falco, being agressive. Slippy's a little bit ch whos always running away asking for help and Peppy's an old boring chracter. i just think Leon would be a more Smash-like character.

D

Deleted member

If there are five character spots I'd imagine they'd be filled by Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal and a surprise Arwing pilot. Leon could be that pilot, but I don't see there being five StarFox characters anyway. More like three/four if we're lucky.

Megaman Ryan

Smash Rookie
Leon and Wolf are the only Star Fox villains that are important. Everyone else is not important.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Pigma Dengar is more important then Leon... Maybe not Wolf but he betrayed Peppy and killed James McCloud... I mean isn't he the reason this whole thing started?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seeing as they decided to put 2 Starfox related chars in Melee, and 2 Starfox games both came out after Melee, Nintendo is likely going to put more than 2 Starfox characters into the game. Krystal is really popular among Starfox fans, so she will probably have the best chance of making it. I've never heard anyone speaking of how they like Leon so much.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Definitely the "stop dreaming" option. The game would need to reach an unrealistic number of characters for him to even be considered. As is, Star Fox will most likely get 3 characters - its too small and minor of a series to go beyond that - and the remaining slots will surely be filled by two of Krystal, Falco, and Wolf. Leon is a very minor character, a mere cohort of Wolf's with no real importance to speak of - he could be replaced the way Pigma and Andrew were any time and no one would bat an eye - and he has no serious fan base to speak of. Leon stands less of a chance than Peppy and Slippy, and they stand no chance whatsoever. Its not going to happen.

Coen said:
Seeing as they decided to put 2 Starfox related chars in Melee, and 2 Starfox games both came out after Melee, Nintendo is likely going to put more than 2 Starfox characters into the game
Thats pretty poor logic. If we used that on the other game series, we'd be getting 4 more Fire Emblem characters, something like 5 or 6 more Pokèmon, 4 or so more Zelda characters, god knows how many more Mario characters - you get the point. Besides, there were 3 Star Fox games that came out after melee - Adventures, Assault, and Command.

Zevox

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess. Yeah, forget that first sentence, I wasn't thinking properly because I was in a hurry. I still think there's a fair chance of 3 Starfox characters showing up. Or at least 2. Krystal for the win.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I guess. Yeah, forget that first sentence, I wasn't thinking properly because I was in a hurry. I still think there's a fair chance of 3 Starfox characters showing up. Or at least 2. Krystal for the win.
I hope all 3 more possible star fox reps (krystal, wolf, falco) get in. I dont think anyone beyond them have a chance.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Star Fox is only going to get 4 spots, even if the roster goes up to 50.
Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf.

D

Deleted member

*salutes TC*

Nice choice.

The trouble is, although he is cool (and I'm not just saying that) he didn't have a unique or special role in the series. So far at least.

Heck, not impossible though. I'd like to play as him, but at the mo, he doesn't have a breakaway role that might bump up his chances.

Top Bottom