• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leon Kennedy Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
IMDB can be edited. It's not as bad as Wikipedia, but the point remains that it's not always a credible source of info.
In my experience, Wikipedia tends to be a pretty reliable source of info. If something's wrong with a page, come back in about a minute, and it'll be right again. However, IMDB, I doubt. I doubt people go over every article with a fine tooth comb like they do at Wikipedia. Just look at it- The Smash DOJO isn't even listed as the official site for Brawl, it's listed under "Miscellaneous". The people there obviously don't care for Brawl all that much :(

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Snake took Spy/Gadget user. Leon could be more straight forward.
Yeah, I guess if one thinks it out Leon could have his own unique moveset, plus it wouldn't make sense for him to use something like a cypher. Its just when I think of Leon or Resident Evil, I think of those badass knife scenes in RE4 and shotguns, and Sakurai seems to be against both. Perhaps he could make an exception, but this thread is about the rumor, not Leon's chances to be in Brawl...

So yeah, I call bogus on this, but Leon in Brawl would still be pretty cool.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
IMDB isn't very credible...but this rumor would be pretty cool if true.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Too bad, being on IMBD gives the "I don't want any character but mine in Brawl" people more ammo. Leon making an appearance (character, AT, etc) would be interesting since Resident Evil is a very popular series. Personally, I don't see the argument of no guns = no gun character at all. Characters don't necessarily always use their attacks/moves from their games (Ask the Mother fans about Ness). Hell.. Sakurai even made up moves... look at Peach. All she did in the Mario games was get kidnapped, play sports, and bake cakes. I don't see any cake baking move in Melee.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Where did Sakurai say no knives/guns?
Sakurai made it clear near Brawl's announcement that no realistic knives or guns would appear in Brawl,probably because they'd raise the rating of the game too high. I think it can be found in Samurai Panda's translation thread (use search to find it if it's not on the front page).

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Where did Sakurai say no knives/guns?
I wonder the same thing. I think people are simply assuming this because Snake doesn't have guns, and neither has anyone else(other than laser guns, of course). But has he actually SAID this? That's a question that needs to be answered before writing guns off completely.

Anyways, IMDB once said 50 Cent was the voice of Epona. In other words, anyone can edit this. Which is a shame, because I would LOVE for Leon Kennedy to be in the game.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I don't trust that one site, they're the same people who said Ryan Drummond was going to voice Sonic... Really lets just wait till the 24th, I know it sounds like years from now.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
don't trust IMDB it is not a credible source. If you had proof from Paul Mercier's personal website like for the voice of Krystal. You might have something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come everyone likes the Leon on that site, but COMPLETELY ignores that Kazuya was on that site?

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
If this is true, then great, I was hoping for leon's inclusion in some way.

BTW, as for the topic of Sakurai saying there'd be no knives, I always thought that was kinda dumb since they're just like swords only smaller...

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
If this is true, then great, I was hoping for leon's inclusion in some way.

BTW, as for the topic of Sakurai saying there'd be no knives, I always thought that was kinda dumb since they're just like swords only smaller...
I understand what your saying, but Knives are much more realistic than swords. A child can easily relate to cutting up people with a knife, and you know how easily kids are influenced. This is especially dangerous since many kids have access to knives in some way (kitchen). However, since swords are basically a thing of fantasy in this age, swords don't really influence kids to go a hackin' and a slashin'.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
...the hell? HOW has this not been closed yet? IMDB is in no way a reliable source. This same rumor has been brought up before and the fact remains the same--IMDB is open to public editing, just like Wikipedia. Anyone could have put that up! It just makes me want to hit my head against a wall, Von Karma-style.

Please close this.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Wow! This is intriguing! If he truley is in, then thats awesome!

( You can see by my sig that I love Resident Evil)

Of course, hes moveset would be strange, somewhat similar to Snake perhaps?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, let's all just ignore the fact that Kazuya is on that list...

It's 100% believable if we do that...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh Sariku you devil :D

Looks eh.. Not sure can't say anything for sure about it.

But to me it would be cool since I'm a Resident Evil fan.

-Onyx

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... IMDB is far from a perfect site for Brawl info. I'm not too sure on how open it is when it comes to editing, but the whole 'Richard Simmons voicing Tingle' display surely proves that there are going to be a few jerks who will put anything up, especially since people are going to look at it for secret Brawl info!
While Leon Kennedy is an alright choice for a character or assist trophy, but I just wouldn't trust that site, really.

And as for our other apparant newcomer, I don't think Tekken's got much of a history with Nintendo besides the pretty terrible Tekken Advance. I'm sure there's better 3rd party characters from Namco... Pacman sticks out to me as far as Nintendo involvement goes, but there's many other choices too.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with more serious characters like Leon and Snake in brawl. The worst thing they can do is attract Sony and Microsoft lovers (a blessing and a curse).

Grim Geno

Smash Cadet
Alabama, aka Smash Bros. Tournament Kryptonite
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with more serious characters like Leon and Snake in brawl. The worst thing they can do is attract Sony and Microsoft lovers (a blessing and a curse).
I've got nothing against kicking some Sony-fanboy ***...though, I still think Leon isn't the best choice for another third party character.

But, to stay on topic, I don't think we need to worry ourselves over this incident any longer. This has about as much effect on Leon's chances of getting in Brawl as changing the Wikipedia article on Dolphins has on the species well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom