• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Legend Of Zelda Movie: Hero Of Time

finalark

SNORLAX
I'd watch it but unfortunately the video doesn't work to well on my computer. I do remember when this film was in development, though.

I'm seriously having to hold back from turning this into a "what if there was a professional Zelda movie?" sort of thread.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm going to have to resist the, "oh man this is super cheesy," attitude to watch this, but I will.

I'vebeen wanting to make a Zelda movie for a long time myself.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hmm...not an Adbot. Looked pretty dumb IMO. But there's people that'll see it I guess. After that IGN fakie it's difficult to believe anything.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hmm...not an Adbot. Looked pretty dumb IMO. But there's people that'll see it I guess. After that IGN fakie it's difficult to believe anything.
Saddest thing about that trailer: it looked like it could have been a decent film.

Okay, IGN put waaaaaaay to much effort into that April Fool's joke.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I watched it yesterday and it's ok-ish, the actress for impa is pretty suck and they didn't make zelda how she was supposed to be >: (

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I realized that this movie could have done so many things different, but you have to understand that this is a fan-based movie not a proffesional movie. Also you have take in the fact that they tried to fit in the entire Ocarina of Time into a 90 minute movie. They probably could have gone more in-depth in the movie but then it would be far too long.

What changes do you think they could have made to the movie?

Should they have made changes to the story?
Should they have different actors for the characters?
Should their have been more action?
Should the one goron in the movie look like an actual goron? lol

Me personally think this movie should have been split into several movies. There is no way that you can cram the entire Ocarina of Time into a 90 minute movie

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
From the second it started, I knew it wouldn't be that good. Independant films can contain many gems, but this is one of those crap-filled movies you'll want to unwatch in the end.

The problem was though, is that they could of done so much more with the story at hand. If thrown in the right direction, it could of been decent. Hell, it could of been great! But the way they portrayed each character ruined the movie.

And it was always the small things. Zelda being more whiny than independant, Ganondorf NOT being the total bada** he always is, giving small roles to characters that deserved more, not using the items enough, not getting ENOUGH items, Link being able to talk, Link not kicking enough a**, Link not being left-handed (a huge biggie), Link's bad bleached hair, Link's bad backstory (actually, the Link character in general just pissed me off). Always the little things, but when bunched together, it shows off the flaws present within.

They could of done so much better, but I could of gotten a better story off of watching the IGN April Fool's prank than through this garbage.

If Hollywood ends up taking the rights to Zelda, then at least let us have the voice of reason. Don't give us a story based upon a previous game, we've already played through it. Give us a new story to embark on. I want a Zelda who's independant, strong-willed, and brave. A Ganondorf who is smart, clever, god-like, and maniacal in the right sense. I want a Link who's silent, head-strong, courageous, and who can kick some serious a** when needed. And for the love of Hyrule, make him left-handed!

I'd rather have no Zelda movie than a bad one.

/rant

Seriously, if they decide to make a big-budget movie, we should petition it so fans have more control (at least the sane ones like us, not the ones who want a cross over with Cloud). Cause it's the little things that matter!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
(I was going to make a thread on this... :ohwell:)

I didn't think it was all that bad, but it could have been much better. It was missing key elements such as items like the Megaton Hammer, slingshot, and Deku Nuts, that they could have easily incorporated, and they changed the story too much in all the wrong ways. The Master Sword wasn't even the Master Sword, which still baffles me. And they renamed the Sacred Realm for absolutely no reason. What was especially strange is that the Triforce was already split when the story began, which contradicts the OoT story in itself. And the King possessed the Triforce of Power, which was just... odd. Not to mention Ganondorf's unnecessary henchmen who helped Ganondorf spoil the plan that shocked us all the first time we played OoT -- Ganondorf gaining entrance to the Sacred Realm when Link opened it. They replaced that surprise element in order to add pointless lines to Ganondorf's role, "Mwa ha ha, I will conquer the 'Spirit' Realm, and cast the five 'demons of element' to the corners of the kingdom", which was just unnecessary. They should have been doing multiple play-throughs of OoT while writing the script.

The main problem for me was in the acting and camera angles. There are several moments in which I would have re-filmed the scene if I was the director, because the acting was pitiful. Many conversations during the movie felt awkward and unnatural, like they rushed to film those scenes. Apparently, they didn't put much enthusiasm into it, and they didn't try to "be" the character, if you know what I mean. And the cameras moved too much, to all of the worst places. However, the costumes and the music were incredible for a fanfilm. I love how classic Zelda melodies were carefully mixed in with original music, and most of the costumes, especially Link and Ganondorf, were excellent. Although, I was quite disappointed that Link never obtained a Hylian Shield, but a simple metal shield wrapped up so that we couldn't see the design on it. That's right -- no Master Sword and Hylian Shield -- the Golden Gem Sword and the Boring Brown Leather Sheild. But, also on the upside, the special effects were decent, and the choreography for the sword battles were great.

I could tell, though, that a lot of work was put into this. And since no other Zelda movie exists, this is pretty impressive.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I tried watching this, but after 15 minutes, I turned it off. Every one of those minutes was terrible. Everything was off. Bad acting, Link has a mom WTF? The kokiri village was badly done, just everything about it was terrible, and I feel bad for having heard of it.

I also understand that the people who made it worked really hard on it, but it was simply bad

Spire

III
BRoomer
News: The Hero of Time is no longer available to watch and most likely never will be again. Yes, Nintendo had something to do with this. I respect their decision. Even though I'm all for fan works, something done so unimpressively can mar the face of the mother franchise in the eyes of some viewers, especially in media not seen before. One must also take into account the scale of this project when it comes to its impact on people. Fan fiction is one thing because there's so much of it out there, but a whole movie is entirely different. If I created an IP and wanted to control the its face in public, I would extend my reach over all forms of media. I think this may also signal that Nintendo cares just a tad about the idea of a Zelda movie. They've not shut down fan games and such because they simply have not topped any official works. A movie has yet to be made under Nintendo's authority, so that medium is risky to work in. I still applaud the efforts of those who made the movie despite its quality, but by ceasing its public availability, the prospective "Zelda movie" can remain in idea form for both Nintendo and its audience to deal with until time unveils an official feature film.

http://www.thesacredrealm.net/main.php?page=news/20100101.html

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I respect Nintendo's decision, but I'm also kind of disappointed. Someone did download it and is willing to share it, though. (However, I'm not posting any links because it seems risky, for some reason).

Honestly, the movie was utter trash compared to the game. Imagine seeing the movie in Miyamoto's shoes. It is nothing but an insult to one of his greatest creations.

Blublac -- it was decent, but compared to the game, bull****. They changed it too much.

Btw, I don't plan on seeing the HoT crew's "next creation", for those of you who read the article that Spire linked.

In my opinion, if a Zelda movie is going to be made, it must be under Nintendo's supervision -- at all times. It is simply impossible to emulate Miyamoto's ideas and feelings about OoT.

D3m0nhunter719

Smash Cadet
I personally hated it.
The only things that were really good about it IMO was the hilariously bad acting of the asian guy that played the goron king, the giant octopus, and the part where link cuts that one guys head off, and that was because they were ******** parts that made me laugh.
*sigh* but since it was fan made I have to give them a little credit.....4/5

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
YES!! I love explosions!

If I made a movie based on OoT, it would be MUCH more like the original game. It would have to include the fat Zora king slooowly sliding out of the way for Link to get by.

...Mweep. Mweep. Mweep. Mweep. Mweep. Mweep.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I was actually about to watch it but since everyone says that it's not so good I'll probably let it be.

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
or Nintendo DOES know about it but thinks its hilarious or something so they dont wanna mess with it. IGN shouldnt have made that April Fools joke cause it looked super nice and got 95% of the world super excited and Im sure 76% of that 95% crapped a brick when they saw it, then had a stroke when they saw the "release" date. They sure did get us... >> meanies...

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
or Nintendo DOES know about it but thinks its hilarious or something so they dont wanna mess with it. IGN shouldnt have made that April Fools joke cause it looked super nice and got 95% of the world super excited and Im sure 76% of that 95% crapped a brick when they saw it, then had a stroke when they saw the "release" date. They sure did get us... >> meanies...
Really? I thought that trailer looked ****ing stupid!!

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
Sure it was a little goofy but to me it looked really good. Except for Ganondorf... that kinda gave it away for me. >> Then I knew it had to be phony... then I saw the release date. I was like... ******s...

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I was watching it today on youtube and they really needed to get there facts right, I belive at one point they said there are 4 godesses. :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
I saw it about a week after April 1 that year and knew instantly it was fake. The production values and acting just weren't big-time motion picture worthy. It was alright, and some of the shots (such as Link in that water cave and dodging the peahat) were awesome and I commend them for that.

I did further research on the guy who played Link in the fake trailer recently and he also played David Bowie in a very, very short clip in Watchmen. Link = Bowie is awesome by my standards.

Top Bottom