• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Mana Mafia - The Faerie Arc - Star Crossed Lovers - The End!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
For the wrong reasons though, Kryst. Your scum read on my slot wasn't based on something actually scummy, but eh, it was a correct read in the end.

Keep going at it and get better :3

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
A wise man once said, it doesn't matter if your read is right if you can't lynch the scum.

It's nice to be right, because that comforts you knowing you made the correct decision, but ultimately the lynch is what matters.

I'm personally amazed Marshy actually shot Kevin, idk how he thought that was a good idea to leave all that WIFOM to play with, but I'd like to hear his thoughts on that.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Fun game. Town self-destructed. That's all that there is to say.

No MvP

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This game is kinda annoying because the way town played makes it impossible for scum to get MVP, while meanwhile, the one initiating the lynches is the one who CAN get MVP if the quicklynches yield scum.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm personally amazed Marshy actually shot Kevin, idk how he thought that was a good idea to leave all that WIFOM to play with, but I'd like to hear his thoughts on that.
he didn't leave any wifom.

krys you did pretty good

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I want to know who was the doctor. No role pm post but wtf? Who died that could even protect?

Xonar I had suspicions earlier you were weaving a light web of lies; remember where I was musing over your roleclaim?

DEAD

I believe J's claim is reasonable to believe.
Not sure about Zenar's, sounds reasonable if J's claims were correct. But still there is the idea that he is lying really well.
Raziek's sounds a bit lacking. Especially given he put it forth after Ryker died.
It was just hard to get any good information out of this setup to be honest. And town played so god damn weird all game. QL left and right and even now Hando just says "I'll be a man"...

So it's just annoying. I didn't vote once on the QLs or the Spag wagon, even though I was comforted by his play being scummy making it a "good" lynch choice.

I been wanting Raz dead most of the game but his play was just so god damn shadowy / inactivey, it's like, how do I GET the lynch if you wont play? Everyone just reads me as ****ing mechanical (sigh) I play to catch scum, whether or not I AM scum...

I love advice though and I was just aching to ask for it hence the whole "lets finish this game already" mood lol. What could I do to make my play less mechy and more intriguing/easier to listen to? I don't want to LEAD town, but this whole game needed a damn leader badly.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@ raz

im actually baffled you/zenar got away with those arguments after my death or that youre saying there was any wifom at all. congrats

and krys dont worry cuz this game wasnt a place to learn

:phone:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Just to clear some things up. Even had I given the roles names it would not have helped you. There wouldn't have been any ____,Town Doctor, Town Etc.... Or anything recognizable.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We never pushed those arguments, Marshy. I told Raz in private that I'd push him for it if he took it too far, even.

#HBC | ѕoup

I could write a whole novel as to why scum won so easily, but I'll keep it really brief.

Lack of communication is a big part, we had a strong thing going early in the game, but just not the output we needed. The quicklynches were fun but in the end cost us greatly. Once both flipped town was left with no information and it became a goose-hunt. I admit my mishammer sucked and I coulda just lynched Raziek, but I will give Raziek credit for his defense that he had, I bought the flavor.

Inactivity killed this game also, we had active players but we used it up, we went along with quicklynching and ending up killing off variables to town and just giving scum more room to wiggle, by the time marshy was revealed as a dayvig the game had already lost enough steam for nobody to care, marshy did what he did because nobody was really working with each-other, I remember distinctly basically nothing happening and marshy almost getting quicklynched too.

I'm not gonna blame anyone here tbh, Town just didn't work well enough to get what needed to be done, and scum used that fact to win.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I know Gova but I am curious now who was doctor, if anyone was. lol. That safeclaim was good on Zenar but the claim on Raz was just screaming safeclaim.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Everyone just reads me as ****ing mechanical (sigh) I play to catch scum, whether or not I AM scum...

I love advice though and I was just aching to ask for it hence the whole "lets finish this game already" mood lol. What could I do to make my play less mechy and more intriguing/easier to listen to?
the mechy accusations were pretty dumb. don't worry about it...

#HBC | ѕoup

Sorry mac for lynching you, I really didn't think marshy would have WIFOM'd. I was surprised. Why did you WIFOM your kill anyways marshy?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
This game wasn't inactive Soup. I didn't have to prod anyone. Everyone posted every 48 hours like in the rules.

#HBC | ѕoup

It was inactive in the sense of things getting done, people posted non-chalantly and we already killed SMoth/Rake before they could even post anything.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
soup: don't use flavor to make decisions in a mafia game unless it's like someone claiming majora in a zelda game. I'm not sure why you would completely ignore/override all my amazing arguments because of Raz's flavor crap...

quicklynches obviously harmed the game. still could have been salvaged if town tried a bit more, but soup left for a while/didn't keep up, hando was being hando. krys and J atleast tried. J was on his game as usual

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Soup, it wasn't inactive in getting things done. You guys got things done super fast. Two lynches less than 24 hours into each day phase? That's getting things done.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well thanks for the encouragement guys. I want to keep getting better. I put myself in multiple mafia games at once for a reason; to quickly do so :)

#HBC | ѕoup

soup: don't use flavor to make decisions in a mafia game unless it's like someone claiming majora in a zelda game. I'm not sure why you would completely ignore/override all my amazing arguments because of Raz's flavor crap...

quicklynches obviously harmed the game. still could have been salvaged if town tried a bit more, but soup left for a while/didn't keep up, hando was being hando. krys and J atleast tried. J was on his game as usual
Kinda what i was saying in reference to inactivity, the game lost steam and we fell up short, I really did try salvaging just earlier before Hando got alphaed, I was going to read and try and get some motivation going on, even though I didn't want to.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Just fyi Soup I wanted to lynch Raz over you pretty much. But I wanted to give him a chance.

but he threw it on the
GROUND

#HBC | ѕoup

I spat out what I was thinking and then I was going to read and look over if it stuck, before I could get there Hando makes a brash vote and I'm sitting there going "Welp." I almost joined but didn't feel confident for it and realized my last mistake.

Yeah Krys you were townie and I was just thinking earlier to your quick flop over to Me/Raz, that's why I put the effort to try and salvage as I'd feel terrible if I just went with a vote without looking into things. I'm better than that and that's why I was upset with my last hammer.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Sorry mac for lynching you, I really didn't think marshy would have WIFOM'd. I was surprised. Why did you WIFOM your kill anyways marshy?
j/macman figured out my intentions and hit most of the arguments behind why. also i really didnt think town would believe that even if i was a bomb that the action would read as "suicide bomb" cuz that didnt fit the flavor in a game that heavily dealt with flavor. my dude carries a sword

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Fighting the faeries as the end-game sub boss was hard, I wonder if I would have gotten town to actually lynch the end-game big boss...

It was just out of reach... I didn't bring my Megaton Hammer.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think that if we lynched right today we could possibly salvage and realize who was scum pretty easily actually, my only real problem was getting over Hando's play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Krys, I have to say, when you started really pulling your weight into this game, you were doing really well. However, as someone said above, this is not a game to learn from and is probably gonna be one of those games we just hide under the rug. However, every game has something to learn from it. QL's are sometimes not the best course of action and can ruin a game.

Gosh, why you guys did not QL Zenar after I died is beyond me. He was obvscum after that Spag lynch actually went through.

Soup, don't give up next time. Please please please, don't give up next time because if we would have lynched Raz yesterDay and then had a day or two to decipher between Zenar/Hando (we probably would have lynched Hando because of his play but still it would have come down to players like Soup/Zenar/Spag/J and Zenar would have been S.O.L.)

Zenar, i hat you.

Oh yeah, I really actually wanna create a Day Action Redirector now.

Scum just got handed the win this game haha, nothing more. Oh wellz, this game isn't how I thought it would turn out but still had a bit of fun.

Marshy, I hope you understand why I went after you after that investigation mix-up. I mean it pointed me to a post where you were saying you were going to NK me and I just got confused. >.<

Gheb, I can never seem to save you from a lynch when it's crunch time haha. Game 2 this has happened (Pulp and now here) Macman, it was fun playing with you and having that somewhat synergy for a bit.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Marshy, I hope you understand why I went after you after that investigation mix-up. I mean it pointed me to a post where you were saying you were going to NK me and I just got confused. >.<
its iight

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah, I really try at the end but Hando just voted Krys and then it was just...yep.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
BITTERLY disappointed @ hando being town. i wanted to lose to him like the good ol days

terrible modding imo

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I didn't even get a chance to come back and check when he did that. I knew it was over when I saw that post before I even saw Raz + Zen jumped on it and the game was over.

I guess I get it that my reads on Zen were not complete due to me not reading his play effectively and just kinda WANTING to believe he was the nuns. But Raz was who I was paying attn to more.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Gova, make your power roles more clear for the players, specifically J. :) That's all I ask. I know I'm a VT and I should not be effected by it, but it might have helped to know the context of the dream hack you gave J from marshy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nah, I'm just a dumb*** hahaha.

Seriously, I bet if someone else was in my shoes they would have figured it out.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I wrote it very clearly. I'm not sure what else I could have done. I tried to explain it to J as well but he didn't seem to understand...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
uh for the record i was kidding about the terrible modding comment and was joking that gova shouldve made hando scum like everyone else does. i thought the flavor/roles were fine and even suggested an alternative to js theory about the post he got linked to

EDIT so its not like town couldnt work with it

Top Bottom