• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Hopping with Ganny?

shadowari

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to ledge hop with gannondorf, but whenever i try i always fall off the stage. I also try to do an attack when coming up. So any tips?

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Try lightly tapping down on the control stick and press X or Y right after. Also Direct the control stick left or right (whichever the way the stage is.) Or you can press Down and X or Y at the same time.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've been trying to ledge hop with gannondorf, but whenever i try i always fall off the stage. I also try to do an attack when coming up. So any tips?

GANNON-BANNED!!!

I can't ledgehop very well myself, but from what people tell me, a slight drop followed by a full jump is the trick. I've heard hitting slightly back on the control stick followed by y or x, works well. I've only ledgehopped like 3 or 4 times. That's the best I can think to offer. :( Sorry.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i press down

basically, as soon as you hit down, you then hit jump

it's fast cause of his craptacular air jump height

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Hit away, not down, its abit safer.
I disagree, bluedeath. I discussed this with magus and concluded that the safest way is to press down lightly then jump with x or y. If you press away, you have a greater chance of airdodge suiciding, because if you accidentally jump while pressing away, ganon will do the backwards flip and the window for ledgehopping will be even smaller. Just practice lightening up your fingers.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
whoa whoa whoa, lets not argue. we all play ganon here. i personally press away but down lets you go off the ledge and onto it much faster and fluidly. i practiced it on DL64 but thats just me. you should try doing in on a stage where if you miss, you wont die. maybe corneria just for the feel for it then move to mushroom kingdom II so if you miss it, you can DI onto the middle.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
i also never used to use it but as i get bombarded by more and more sheiks and marths trying to edgeguard me, i find it helpful to have an ace in the hole. wavelanded grabs are they way for me.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Oh yes, I love wavelanded grabs. So few people are ready for it. Now I just need to start using wavelanded reverse f-tilt. That one is tricky because if you time it wrong you could get attacked on your way past your opponent as they attempt to knock you from the edge.

At first, I ledgehopped by pressing away on the c-stick, but I found that that can often result in an accidental bair upon falling, and my result in your death.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
whoa whoa whoa, lets not argue. we all play ganon here. i personally press away but down lets you go off the ledge and onto it much faster and fluidly. i practiced it on DL64 but thats just me. you should try doing in on a stage where if you miss, you wont die. maybe corneria just for the feel for it then move to mushroom kingdom II so if you miss it, you can DI onto the middle.
Practicing in the middle of Hyrule isn't bad either.

Top Bottom