• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge-Cancelled Aerial Down B and Air Dodges

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flJDGIfVh-c

Sorry for the bad quality, but I think both of these tools can help DK land, which I definitely find to be one of DK's bigger weaknesses. Not only does this help DK land, but following up these ledge-cancels with a falling aerial or jump back aerial (if they are on the platform and you have just air dodged their move).

Maximum Swag Potential: *opponent is under the left BF platform. you are coming down for the top platform.*
Jump off top platform holding left (as I do in the video) > Reverse Aerial Hand Slap to reverse momentum and cancel on the right side of the platform (as I do in the video) > Reverse Punch (what I should've done in the video)

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
This is actually useful, really good way to get off the top platform of BF.
Good stuff

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Hmmm, I think there was already a thread on this a long time ago for aerial Down B. I'm also pretty sure air dodge landings being edge cancelable was also old info. IIRC you can only edge cancel them while facing the edge. Good job finding it on your own though and finding ways to make it useful.

Top Bottom