• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Canceled Teleport

quak

Smash Champion
not for me, that's one of my many mindgames, i can stay on stage and grab or go off, fastfall, and rising aerial...

maybe im hold away or something unintentionally though, duddent matter

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well insted of using the Forward dash attack, could m2's roll work?? it will get you right to the edge like the dash. Hopefully with a better chance of not being hit imo if this idea could work I think that it would be better than the dash attack.

well It just so happens that Im goin to a tury this weekend. There will be a setup there and I plan to get a few games in. In the games Ill try and show you the vertical tele uses and my version on LCT on FD.

And Airo thanks once again

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
So that's what it is? Looks interesting. I take back my words, looks quick enough to sneak in a decent attack if they're close enough to you. I'll be practicing this tomorrow after school =P

quak

Smash Champion
definatly a useful tactic, i can see it especially with the backwards wd, bait them, then mindsgame em (that's what it's all about!

Ima get this down for sure, may take some time to master, but it seems like it works consistantly when you teleport in the right spot the right way

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
says the same guy who flamed it earlier this thread.
anyway thats quite an angle there but im sure you'll master it and take the metagame to an even higher level (this game is nuts). It's a similar tactic as useful and semi-easily learned as doing a firefox at a 2 degree angle up fd to sweetspot the ledge. I've also seen KoreanDJ use sheik to cancel the up b against the ledge and then di back to grab the ledge, giving him enough time to let the opponent roll onto the stage so he can grab the ledge and not be vulnerable and helpless stuck in the lag.

quak

Smash Champion
psh, that's far from flaming, and i wasn't, i suggested it might be a little slow, but obviously we weren't thinking of the same thing at that time.

actually, it's been awhile since i've really flamed someone, for me anyway.......

*prepares for next opportunity by looking up insulting jpg's*

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Ooh.
I don't think I can do this.
I just end up grabbing the ledge.

I'm really bad with M2..

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Yes at that moment it doesn't see that you have it down pat. I was practicing earlier today and neither do I ._.'' It's definatly going to take some practice on my part. howver I see it as a usefull teck, that definatly can serve it's purpose in the generall scope of things.

Airo thanks for all of your hard work and contributions

I would totaly +rep you if i could :D

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I've actually experienced this before several times. My most recent attempts to use it in battle have been pretty successful.

The goal to perfecting this tactic is making M2's teleport path collide with the edge at an angle approaching horizontal. Do your trig, it's fairly simple. You're trying to appear as low to the stage as you can.

......M2
..../,..............
M2..\
.......\

My general M2 recovery mindgame scheme:

Fastfall, Doublejump, Tele up sweetspot x ?
Fastfall, Doublejump, "Ledgecancelled Tele", Roll

If you can get the timing perfectly, this has NO LAG allowing you to do pretty much anything immediately afterwards.

Nice job on capturing this on video Airo. I beleive this technique is easily fast enough to be used against decent human opponents.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I would be surprised if Taj doesn't use this at least once in his new Mewtwo combo video when it comes out. :p

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
He should use it lots!
LCT = L33t Cake Technique?

semi off topic @ airo:
why'd you get off BC pr? I was reading it the other day because it was funny short, and had gimpyfish.
also, you could PM m2k for his vid? idk. I couldn't find it.

About running A
- Holding AWAY from the edge when you do a running A makes m2 fall off.
- Holding TOWARD the edge also makes M2 fall off.
- Holding SHIELD makes M2 fall off.
- If you don't hold anything, he'll stay in the "balancing precariously on the edge" position.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
heh.. sry if i disappoint you. i fell off BC PR. there were new guys that came out of nowhere and they were bloody competitive with fox. but i know i improved loads since that update.
anyhow, to me, what matters is enjoy playing smash and playing mewtwo. yeah? ^^

about the vid, yeah i think ill PM him.. that vid DID have some strange but sick combos.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I probably won't use this in my vid as it's not something I can really apply. Also I already have all the footage I need. Anything I start recording now will probably go toward Shadowclaw 3! :cool:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Shadowclaw 3!
TM 65!
Amazing sig Taj as usual.
Please more funny-named trixies. :) also if you're a mod can't you change your title?

I just thought about it... if you're going to OC3/FCD you should be able to record awesome amazing matches.
Shadowclaw 3 should be out in like, no time at all :)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Okay.
I have noticed a consistent thing.
The distance from the edge when you teleport must be... that specific LCT distance.
It's NOT really really close. it's a bit further away...

edit: plus this

Top Bottom