• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite Type of Update

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Music updates are the most disappointing. at least on how-to-play updates, we get new SCREENSHOTS. music updates are just samples of music that most likely wont sound like the music in the final version. The only time I'll forgive them is when they're paired up with other updates, like the animal crossing song was.

I also dislike item updates, ESPECIALLY when they deconfirm my favorite character (deoxys :mad::mad:)
that is, unless they deconfirm characters I hate like blaziken and geno. then its pure awesomeness.

Tujex

Smash Ace
The How to play updates are lame. Things fromt he past game like the Tether recovery should be banned from being considered updates as the smash community knew about 'em already. They should to stick character, stage, item, and the new techniques like the head hop manuever thingie.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Other than the obvious HtP bashing, I'd have to say my least favorite updates are information about character moves. Not the new ones, but the old ones. Unless it's changed (Link's Boomerang FTW), I guess I don't wanna hear about it. Same stuff, different game.

I'd like the music updates more if they offered a longer sample. (Or heck, the whole song.) My favorite so far is the Kid Icarus theme.

Assist Trophies are okay, but they can be kind of irksome sometimes. (And occasionally confusing, for those who can't pay attention.)

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
If we get an update like this.

How to walk.

Did you know that you can use the Wii remote to make your opponents move? Try it!

Mario! He...He's walking foward and backward!

You can even make him stop! Amazing!

white_mage

Smash Cadet
music updates are the worst, though "how to play" and items we already know how to use are tied at a close second.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Item updates are terrible.

I'd prefer Music over Items any day of the week.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like all updates really. But the updates that shows you how to play the game are pretty useless.

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
How to Play. I like Items! For example, the banana peel. The banana peel is genius. It's really going to be a point-and-laugh moment... and really annoying. I'm sure you'll get like, 5% damage when you fall. And then you're vulnerable. I was really interested in the banana peel. And Pokeballs- everbody likes pokeballs. I just wanna see more Pokemon... I mean, we've only had two! And they're both legendary!

And, of course, I think the gooey bomb is going to be the greatest item ever.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Favorites in Order:
1. Characters
2. Subspace Emissary
3. Music
4. Stages
5. Items
6. Pokeballs
7. How to Play
8. Assisst Trophies (Only because I'm fearful Ridley wil be reduced to one)

Croco

Smash Lord
Wow.. never knew so many people hated the music updates.
Is it because they are very short and only part of the full song?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My favorites are as follow:

1. New/Veteran Character confirmations
2. Music
3. Stages
4. Assist Trophies/Pokemon
5. Special Movies/Final Smash
6. Subspace
7. Items
8. How to Play

I am surprised so many dislike music updates. I love those. The Brawl soundtrack is utterly amazing. The Ocarina of Time medley is simply breathtaking.

megachao24

Smash Cadet
How to play: Besides the Footstool Jump, every one of them has been a no-brainer...

Assist Trophies: They seem pretty "meh" as far I can tell...

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
You're lucky you even get updates so STFU!
Thank you master. Oh wait, by thank you I meant :

Try not being a major douche.
Wow.. never knew so many people hated the music updates.
Is it because they are very short and only part of the full song?
I dont get it either, probably because Im a musician... the music in this game is TOP notch so far, I am very impressed.

How to play: Besides the Footstool Jump, every one of them has been a no-brainer...
:O Lies! I never would have figured out pressing A caused my character to attack! :p

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I dont get it either, probably because Im a musician... the music in this game is TOP notch so far, I am very impressed. ²

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Stages, Characters, Items, Music, Game Modes, Final Smashes, which one do you dislike the most?

Personally I hate the music updates. Because we're all gonna get sick of the music and play our own music while fighting. I mean at least when we get an item we still get to see some character shots. But that's just me. What do you think?
I'm with you on the music. I usually play my own rather than use the in game, so it doesn't mean anything to me when they update it. I wouldn't complain about it, it just doesn't excite me the way the other updates do.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I dont like half of the 'How to play' portion ("YOU MUST RECOVER" most obvious statement I've ever heard) I like the other half however, the one that introduces new techniques moving and shooting, footstool jump. I only get a little miffed by item/assist trophy updates (but I do get miffed).

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Personally I hate the music updates. Because we're all gonna get sick of the music and play our own music while fighting.
u tell that "we're all gonna get sick of the music" very convinced, and im pretty sure most people disagrees with u, i mean, i once or twice played with other music, but it has nothin to do with gettin tired of the music, it was great! and c'mon!! have u seen the musicians and heard the tracks so far??? they are AWESOMEE!!!! if u seriosly think u will get tired of the music while playin u dont really appreciate great music or u have o problem or i dont know whats wrong

if u say that u hate those updates cause they could update somethin better or cause the tracks are too short or somethin else, that would be understandable, but gettin tired of it.... no

and i think, as most people, that how to play updates just suck, but well, they make us appreciate the good updates even more XD

I can't understand why people hate the how to play updates with such passion. Is it not interesting to find out the new mechanics in the game? Just take the footstool jump for example, it's a brand new technique in the game, and I find it to be amazing.

Also, isn't it alittle immature to be complaining about specfic updates that aren't to your taste? I guess everyone would be more satisfied if there were no updates on a daily basis.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
It has to be items... I am more concerned about the character and I think item updates give a minimal amount of information. I mean, it is one item. Who cares about that when there are characters, stages, movesets, enchanting musical scores, and a serious adventure mode to be revealed?!?!?!?

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I don't really like item updates. I hardly use the items at all. If there was no items in Brawl, I probably wouldn't care that much. Of course, that would probably leave out all the final smashes.

Top Bottom