• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite, So Far

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
I seriously thought that the worst character on the game was Ike just because I just don't see why he's so slow.

Then it happened...

Olimar confirmed.

Worst. Character. Ever.

QFT.

Also, I didn't like Pit at first. Just looked like an ***. But he's growing more and more appealing to me.

Lucas is one of my least favs. I never really cared for Ness, and Lucas looks like he has that little delinquent's moveset.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'm going to have to side with the people who said Wario. Though, my reasoning is simply because I've never liked the character, and I will lump him in with Waluigi as an uncreative, last-minute antagonist until the day they are forgotten. Before commenting, know that I've played his games, including some of his firsts on the original Gameboy. This just happens to be my opinion on the character, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

If I had to choose a second, it would be Jigglypuff. I don't think his/her popularity that was garnered by an anime necessarily warrants a position in the game. Sure, Pikachu was super popular from the anime as well, but at least he starred in several of his own games. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is riding on the coattails of the series as well as the unexplainable fascination the Japanese have with cute "ball-like" characters . . .

Furthermore, I never really understood all of the anti-Lucas sentiment, either. Sure, he's a rip-off of Ness, but at least they did a decent job of it. After all, Ness is basically a rip-off of Ninten, so what goes around comes around . . . I suppose.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Hands down, Wario. Not only do I not like him, I don't even respect him as a character. Not only will I not play him, I will not even fight him. Nintendo's greatest shouldn't waste their time on a character who farts as an attack. Also, his final smash is weird. Garlic Pajama'd Superhero? What? He should just be cast aside until they make him a villain again, not just a nuisance. Have him throw bombs or sacks of money or shoot bullet bills. The Smash Team definitely could've come up with something better than farting. How old is Sakurai that he apparently still finds farts amusing?

That sounded very bitter. Then again, it was.

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to side with the people who said Wario. Though, my reasoning is simply because I've never liked the character, and I will lump him in with Waluigi as an uncreative, last-minute antagonist until the day they are forgotten. Before commenting, know that I've played his games, including some of his firsts on the original Gameboy. This just happens to be my opinion on the character, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

If I had to choose a second, it would be Jigglypuff. I don't think his/her popularity that was garnered by an anime necessarily warrants a position in the game. Sure, Pikachu was super popular from the anime as well, but at least he starred in several of his own games. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is riding on the coattails of the series as well as the unexplainable fascination the Japanese have with cute "ball-like" characters . . .

Furthermore, I never really understood all of the anti-Lucas sentiment, either. Sure, he's a rip-off of Ness, but at least they did a decent job of it. After all, Ness is basically a rip-off of Ninten, so what goes around comes around . . . I suppose.
I agree with the Waluigi statement, as he is, at least, IMO, uncreative. But I think I have to disagree with Wario. I mean, every franchise needs their bizzaro character or their polar opposite and I think Wario fits Mario's perfectly. He's a nice addition to Brawl, again, IMO, just because he's got his own charisma and attitude influenced by the recent flood of exclusively Wario titles in the last few years. On the otherhand, Waluigi is just obviously a rip-off of Wario (Or Luigi's answer to a Wario/Bizzaro character if you will).

To be honest, I never really liked Wario until he was announced for Brawl. The game could certainly do with out him but I feel it contributes to the game's (already chock-full of it as it is) flavor.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Without a shred of doubt, the award goes to Kirby and King Dedede.

I always hated the Kirby games as a child and the possibility of being a floating pink ball as my avatar never actually helped me like them. Bundle with the fact that his arch foe is an obese penguin who thrusts really just hit the nail into the coffin.

Doesn't help the fact that Sakurai loves to show favorites and consistently remind us that Kirby and Dedede are in the game.

They're both incredibly gross characters.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The bitter non-Sheik supporter in me very much wants to say Sheik. But truthfully, it's not her I hate. It's just. . . the whole situation. Won't get into it again, I guess.

So to be a little more diplomatic about it, I agree with the Wario haters. I don't mind that he's in just because he's become such a recognizable figure. So in that respect, he deserves to be in (if you're of the opinion that video game characters deserve anything). But as a character, I find absolutely no admirable qualities in him. He's ugly, his voice irritates me, he doesn't look like fun to play, and honestly. . . what's with all the flatulence? Lay off the chili dogs, sir. Sonic's the only one who can enjoy those without making the rest of us suffer.

And as a side note, I don't hate Diddy, but I hate what he's wearing. In a game like Smash, is the Nintendo plug on Diddy's hat really necessary? Also, white logo on hat + yellow stars on shirt = clash.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Zelda, because she seems to still be fairly unimportant in the broad scheme of things.

That and Yoshi. Never really like the guy...dinosaur.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Who DOESN'T like Captain Falcon?

Falcooooooooooon Paaaaaaaaawnch!
Everyone he's falcon punched, I imagine.

So. . . everyone.

I can't speak for Fawriel, but personally, I find him a little too cocky and macho. He seems like the kind of person who would grunt as a legitimate form of communication. And his nipples scare me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta say sonic, YES I SAID IT!

The only thing he had going for him is the popularity, mostly cause people wanted to see sonic vs mario, but even so, I just never liked him, and his games, minus the 2d ones are GOD AWFUL... and yet he got in, now if megaman doesnt get in, thats just unfair IMO...

gamer8

Smash Lord
Gotta say sonic, YES I SAID IT!

The only thing he had going for him is the popularity, mostly cause people wanted to see sonic vs mario, but even so, I just never liked him, and his games, minus the 2d ones are GOD AWFUL... and yet he got in, now if megaman doesnt get in, thats just unfair IMO...
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were great though, sonic heroes was okay, but everybody had the exact same story lines which was boring.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
Ask and ye shall receive!

Who DOESN'T like Captain Falcon?

Falcooooooooooon Paaaaaaaaawnch!
If you want a paunch, look at Wario.

I found myself to be a serious Wario-hater, but I like his over-the-topness. He has syle--albiet kinda gross, off-kilter style.

There seem to be a lot of DeDeDe haters out there... I kinda like him, I've always liked him. I think that he stands to be a character who has some speed, some mobility, and who's main problem is size. And I'll defend my stance on mobility. I every single Kirby game, DeDeDe has been every bit as fast as Kirby... although a good player could outspeed/maneuver DeDeDe (see gourmet race).

I don't like how almost all of Nintendo's villians are overweight... I'm drawing the evil fatso line here! no further! (I'm looking at you K.Rool lovers) We seriously need a fast, light villian like Bowser Jr., or Ridley, or Marx, or something for frigg's sake. As a side note, I think having a super-heavy hero like Ike is a great idea.

I actually hate Metaknight. And I quote Kefka "HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE!" UGH! It seems like all my hope and hype over shiek is going to repeat all over again. I see a character that I liked growing up, I like their style in the previews, I like the way they move... but shiek was a friggin cheese factory from day 1 in Melee, and I'm terrified... shaking in my fancy hiking boots... that Metaknight's going to be like Melee Shiek... and my hopes will be CRUSHED!!

Also, I'll rag on Diddy. I dislike the whole DK franchise... I find that I dislike almost all of Rare's corruptions of good Nintendo stock. But I hate Diddy even worse now... especially after the SSE video, but at least it DECONFIRMED K.ROOL(suckas)!

Hm... Lucas just seems unspectacular... like a blonde, kid-version of Elvis (I'll laugh my head off if he shakes his hips). Altough, I look forward to him being kick-arse, like Ness was in Smash 64.

I'll rag on Peach for a bit... she needs to have a better voice! I swear... "Oh, did I w-?" HEADSHOT!

Hm... I think I got distracted a little bit.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I hate Lucas but Zero Suit Samus didn't do anything for the Metroid series unlike other characters who should be in *coughDarkSamusandRidleycough*

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Anyway, I'm rambling.
I'll just... come back here once Captain Falcon is revealed. Until then, I shall practice my most beautiful middle-finger-at-the-screen poses.
Falcon finger!

Seriously, though, the Cap? Really?

Link may be a swordsman, but he's neither anime-inspired nor spikey-haired.
Spikey-haired? No. Anime inspired? I think so. Look at his eyes. Point taken, though.

The bitter non-Sheik supporter in me very much wants to say Sheik. But truthfully, it's not her I hate. It's just. . . the whole situation. Won't get into it again, I guess.

So to be a little more diplomatic about it, I agree with the Wario haters. I don't mind that he's in just because he's become such a recognizable figure. So in that respect, he deserves to be in (if you're of the opinion that video game characters deserve anything). But as a character, I find absolutely no admirable qualities in him. He's ugly, his voice irritates me, he doesn't look like fun to play, and honestly. . . what's with all the flatulence? Lay off the chili dogs, sir. Sonic's the only one who can enjoy those without making the rest of us suffer.

And as a side note, I don't hate Diddy, but I hate what he's wearing. In a game like Smash, is the Nintendo plug on Diddy's hat really necessary? Also, white logo on hat + yellow stars on shirt = clash.
Circus, everytime you post an angel gets its wings. Unfortunately, everytime someone posts something stupid, that angel bursts into flames. There are a lot of dead angels these days.
Anyhow I agree with everything you've said, except the part about Diddy (mainly because I hadn't really thought about it). Gas-based attacks are the stuff of 3rd graders, and Wario has enough history that they could have come up with something better for him. That said, I think he's a good addition in theory, that needs refinement in practice.
Sheik was certainly in the running for me, too. However, after actually seeing her picture, and the fact that her gender is far less ambiguous this time around, thus hopefully ending what I consider to be the dumbest debate in videogame history, I can't hate her completely.

The only characters I reacted negatively to when I first saw them were Sheik and Lucas (I didn't really see the need for replacing Ness), but ironically I think Zamus (who I didn't originally react negatively to) is the only character that still irks me. I just don't see the need. It's Samus without her armor. Yay. We really needed a whole character slot for that? She'd a been fine as just a trophy or a sticker in my book. Heck, the Zero Suit itself (not so much the idea of Samus losing the armor) hasn't been around long enough to warrant any real importance as far as I'm concerned.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Lucas because his art style has the proportions of something a 5 year old drew, his game series is boring based on what I played of Earthbound, & I can only presume he'll control like Ness, the worst character in both Smash Bros. & Melee.
Sakurai enlarged Ness and Lucas' heads in Melee and Brawl, his proportions are fine
Mother3 is a good game, try it yourself
Ness was one of the top tiers in Smash 64

It's people like you who I don't like on SmashBoards, no offence.

...Anyway...

Least favorite might probably Sonic. I never really liked his attitude, but he has a reason to be in Brawl.

Outlander

Smash Rookie
Theres actually no characters I dislike, I just won't be interested in playing as Diddy Kong, I don't know why but he just isnt my favorite Kong because i think that....Kiddie Kong is the best, that...little, rascal always up to mischief.

Ike looks cool but FE characters don't really apply to me just cause I am not that interested in the FE games. Zamus is ok, haaaawt, but her final smash is just she gets her suit back, I guess thats good for people who wanna play as all aspects of Samus.

But all and all, the game looks awesome and the roster so far is top notch. Oh and Lucas just isn't that cool to me, Kids don't make cool characters IMO.

Olimar FTW

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sonic, I could never stand him in the first place.

Fawriel

Smash Master
This^

0_o
What is it with you and Falcon?
You know why I'm so calm and friendly?
It's because I channel aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall my hate into Captain Falcon.

Incidently, if I recall correctly it takes about 890% to KO him off the top from the top platform of Battlefield by meteoring him into the ground with Yoshi's flutter kick.
Or Egg Toss.

*twitch*

Falcon finger!

Seriously, though, the Cap? Really?
Falcon Suckerpunch!!!

So,
Yes.
Let's say I had bad experiences.
That and he's overpowered.
Like they made him heavyweight, super-fast, super-strong and then saw fit to give him a Jigglypuff-type killer move just in case it could be a tiny bit hard to hit with his other attacks.
And then the side-b. And the up-b. And a ridiculous jab combo. And an annoying voice. And a very, very, very annoying voice.
And he smells funny.

Also.

Circus, everytime you post an angel gets its wings.
This made me laugh and clap my hands. Not only because it's funny, but because it's true.

Now, what's with all the Icies hate?
Sure, they are obscure and not really important, but... how can you NOT like them?
They are just so... adorable. When I first learned of them, I hated the idea, too, but then I saw them and the whole idea of their cooperation just won me over. It's like the power of love manifesting in the form of wodden mallets! Isn't that romantic like hell?
It makes no sense to dislike them because of their moveset, either, considering they have possibly the most potential out of any character.

And... give Lucas a chance.

AND I don't get what anyone could dislike about Dedede.
If anything, I find Metaknight to be overrated. He's certainly cool in his games, but I'm getting the feeling most of his supporters have never even played those and just think he's cool because he's the closest thing they can find to a "dark knight". >_>
Dedede is far more interesting in my eyes. Personality and a unique style.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I don't like how Sheik made it. Several things were bypassed for her, a minor character. That and I hated how she overshadowed Zelda in melee. Oh well, if she's nerfed enough to be more balanced I can live with her return.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't like how Sheik made it. Several things were bypassed for her, a minor character. That and I hated how she overshadowed Zelda in melee. Oh well, if she's nerfed enough to be more balanced I can live with her return.
Just look at her design bro. It's completely sick nasty.

Two syllables: bro-ken.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, everytime you post an angel gets its wings. Unfortunately, everytime someone posts something stupid, that angel bursts into flames. There are a lot of dead angels these days.
Hey, I do what I can. I try to be part of the solution instead of the. . . well, the angel killers. Seems like a bad crowd.

Anyhow I agree with everything you've said, except the part about Diddy (mainly because I hadn't really thought about it).
That would be me being picky. It's understandable that it wouldn't bother other people.

Plus, the fact that Kirby looks like a Nintendo fanboy when he swallows Diddy almost makes up for it.

Gas-based attacks are the stuff of 3rd graders, and Wario has enough history that they could have come up with something better for him. That said, I think he's a good addition in theory, that needs refinement in practice.
Sheik was certainly in the running for me, too. However, after actually seeing her picture, and the fact that her gender is far less ambiguous this time around, thus hopefully ending what I consider to be the dumbest debate in videogame history, I can't hate her completely.
Agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed. It looks like Wario won't be dropping the fart joke any time soon, which is really my main problem with him (I can tolerate the fact that his nose is a different color than his face). And it feels good to able to tell someone Sheik's a girl without someone saying "How do YOU know she doesn't have a *****?"

The only characters I reacted negatively to when I first saw them were Sheik and Lucas (I didn't really see the need for replacing Ness)
I rather like Lucas. I don't really see a need to replace Ness either, but I never made any kind of personal connection to Ness so I don't mind too much. From my point of view, Lucas is just Ness with better hair. Even if it does look like the backside of a duck.

So far, Sheik's been the only character that I was actually disappointed to see right off the bat. I believe I actually slumped my shoulders and let out a sigh of defeat.

but ironically I think Zamus (who I didn't originally react negatively to) is the only character that still irks me. I just don't see the need. It's Samus without her armor. Yay. We really needed a whole character slot for that? She'd a been fine as just a trophy or a sticker in my book. Heck, the Zero Suit itself (not so much the idea of Samus losing the armor) hasn't been around long enough to warrant any real importance as far as I'm concerned.
It seems to me that the decision to include Zamus may have been spawned from an idea to spark new interest in Samus, which is admirable. Afterall, she's been there since the first game and hasn't changed much since. But all it's really doing is diverting more attention away from suited Samus. Which is kind of odd since my very limited Metroid knowledge tells me Samus has never really done much in her zero suit.

Sakurai enlarged Ness and Lucas' heads in Melee and Brawl, his proportions are fine
I think their big heads are adorable. Besides, it makes sense. They've got to fit all that psychic power somewhere.

It's like the power of love manifesting in the form of wodden mallets! Isn't that romantic like hell?
Well stated. More people should find love via mallet usage.

Ice Climbers + Dedede for Love Triangle!

AND I don't get what anyone could dislike about Dedede.
If anything, I find Metaknight to be overrated. He's certainly cool in his games, but I'm getting the feeling most of his supporters have never even played those and just think he's cool because he's the closest thing they can find to a "dark knight". >_>
Dedede is far more interesting in my eyes. Personality and a unique style.
You should look into a career in hitting nails on their heads.

Lucas is only bad because he is making all the Ness fanboyz uneasy on whether he's getting the boot or not. Yep.
I'm thinking you may be right. At least for some people. Or. . .

And I've never ever seen a blonde male Asian kid before....
It could be that a white kid's knocking down the Asian rep! From a Japan-only game even. I don't know if that counts as irony, but it counts as something.

Surely I can find one more person to quote!

. . . Nah.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Just look at her design bro. It's completely sick nasty.

Two syllables: bro-ken.
I actually liked her model quite a bit as well, still don't like her much as a character.
Besides if we're going by character design = broken, then Olimar wins hands down :p.

motherfan

Smash Journeyman
Dedede or Lucas.

I've beaten Mother 2, but it wasn't enough to get me into the series. I just don't like it. And since I kinda got bored with RPGs lately, I probably never will play Mother3.

Dedede. I used to support him but then I changed my mind. I hate it when they overcrowd franchises.
You should try Mother 3. I found it way more fun and entertaining than Mother 2 ever was. By far the best RPG I've ever played.

On topic here I would say I hate...Sonic because all his fans think just because he's in means that Shadow or Knuckles can be playable too. It just gets on my nerves. (No offence Sonic fans);)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
On topic here I would say I hate...Sonic because all his fans think just because he's in means that Shadow or Knuckles can be playable too. It just gets on my nerves. (No offence Sonic fans);)
Some of us are smarter than that. Most aren't, but you know how it goes.

Tails would totaly get in before either of them anyway (kidding. But not really).

Regardless, I don't think it's fair to hate a character because of their fans. Lots of different types of people can like the same thing. Even great, well-deserving characters are subject to having that one embarrassing fan.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Hmm...I don't know. I really don't know. I love everyone (especially Meta Knight; soon as I saw him in Revenge, I just knew he had to be in). But if I had to choose a character I love the least...

I'll have to say Peach. I'm gonna miss Jen Taylor so much. Sooooo much.

Based on first impressions, I'd pick Pokemon Trainer. That garnered a 5-minute-long string of "What?!"s for me that morning. Then I thought of Charizard and got over it.

The rest, I fail to see how people could outright hate. Specifically Diddy and the Ice Climbers. Oh, and Olimar. Well, yeah, Olimar I can see, but I still like him.

gsiddarth

Smash Rookie
I don't know why, but Diddy just annoys the hell out of me...I mean, a little monkey? Seriously, monkeys =/= cool. DK, I like, because he's a giant ape, which is pretty sweet, but Diddy is so incredibly lame. Dedede is also pretty uninteresting, probably because I've never played any Kirby games. Dedede just bores me, an overweight penguin with a hammer? Finally, Olimar doesn't annoy me, but I can't honestly see anybody playing with or against Olimar. Possibly the new G&W?

Hey, to each his own, I guess...

And to those who think Zamus is hot - get a girlfriend :-p

Top Bottom