• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learning Wavedashing with Bowser

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
I can wavedash relatively consistently with Bowser, but with Bowser's wavedash being the hardest to master (imo) i can't seem to nail it down perfectly the way i can with other characters.

Anybody got any bowser-specific tips for learning to wavedash consistently?

pdk

Smash Lord
not bothering

but really now awkward after learning something else != hard to master, and boozer's is both too slow and too short to apply (let's see a situation where waiting half a second to grab is faster than just running up and grabbing)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
not bothering

but really now awkward after learning something else != hard to master, and boozer's is both too slow and too short to apply (let's see a situation where waiting half a second to grab is faster than just running up and grabbing)
false. in almost everything you said.

first off, bowser's wavedash actually has considerable distance, its got a slow startup sure, but watch a match of mine and see if i can apply it correctly

that "situation where waiting a half a second to grab" is faster? out of sheild, say a marth fsmashes you and you shield at significant range, you cant simply sheild grab, you can likely land the wavedash out of sheild grab, if your timing is a little off he can spotdodge, but sometimes you might as well wavedash out of sheild and fsmash in case he spotdodges eh?

poor marf ;P

dont tell people NOT to learn wavedashing thats ridiculous.

alright the reason bowsers is "harder" is because you are used to the timing of the characters with faster jump animations, slow everything down and learn from scratch on bowser practice just jumping and airdodging down until you get the timing then add the left/right. wavelanding is still the same as always though (and thats whats REALLY important for bowser)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
false. in almost everything you said.

first off, bowser's wavedash actually has considerable distance, its got a slow startup sure, but watch a match of mine and see if i can apply it correctly

that "situation where waiting a half a second to grab" is faster? out of sheild, say a marth fsmashes you and you shield at significant range, you cant simply sheild grab, you can likely land the wavedash out of sheild grab, if your timing is a little off he can spotdodge, but sometimes you might as well wavedash out of sheild and fsmash in case he spotdodges eh?

poor marf ;P

dont tell people NOT to learn wavedashing thats ridiculous.

alright the reason bowsers is "harder" is because you are used to the timing of the characters with faster jump animations, slow everything down and learn from scratch on bowser practice just jumping and airdodging down until you get the timing then add the left/right. wavelanding is still the same as always though (and thats whats REALLY important for bowser)
He is 100% correct. We have missed you here in the Bowser forums Gimpy. :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why is your text not on your siggy nes?

I agree with Gimpy, mainly cause he knows how to play bowser...

Plus ask Gimpy without using wavedashing you can't do the fabled Bowser Train!

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
I just started to incorporate wavedash into my game and it works great. Whats better though a retreated wave dash to fsmash, or a retreated wave land to fsmash?

QTx314159

Smash Apprentice
my sig is better.
oh and bowser's wavedash is sexy.
AAH don't kill me gimpy!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Wavelanding and dashdancing are loads better with Bowser, so if you don't know how to do those, learn those first. Wavedashing has its uses with every character though. I use Zelda's wavedash, which is worse than Bowser's imo..

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
What d you do kevin? I like the ftilt cause it stays out for a little while so you dont need perfect timing and if its a falco at mid percentages they either cant recover or are set up for a good edgehog.Most of the people in my playgroup recover with up-b instead of phantasm or illusion so its nice to abuse the bair.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I would like to see a match where a Bowser uses Wavedash to help him.
Because we ALL know bowser sucks..... :laugh:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
When guarding spacies.. I use the flame breath to screw up the sweet spotters, and then just Bair them away from the stage into an edgehog.. or just bair their illusion, its been a helluva long time since i've let a spacie land back on the edge

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Fail, fail and fail. I use more than character and my Bowser is better than my Falco. Why?

Because Bowser's learning curve is much easier than Falco's. Plus Bowser's Wave land>>> Wave Dash.
Yeah whatever........
Bowser is soo bad and slow....
ONLY Pichu and Kirby are worse!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey REDRAGON, I have an idea. How about you stop trolling the forums of characters you don't like? I've seen you post in Mario, Pichu, and now here, always basically just saying that people shouldn't play the character because they're bad, citing nothing but the current tier list. Oh wait, except for Mario, where you claimed that Mario was TOO HIGH on the tier list and thus OVERRATED.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Hey REDRAGON, I have an idea. How about you stop trolling the forums of characters you don't like? I've seen you post in Mario, Pichu, and now here, always basically just saying that people shouldn't play the character because they're bad, citing nothing but the current tier list. Oh wait, except for Mario, where you claimed that Mario was TOO HIGH on the tier list and thus OVERRATED.
1) You are a idiot
2) I never "troll"
3) I never said they should not play that charactor
4) You are a idiot
5) I have been waiting to here from you about this lol
6) You are a idiot

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
1) You are a idiot
2) I never "troll"
3) I never said they should not play that charactor
4) You are a idiot
5) I have been waiting to here from you about this lol
6) You are a idiot
1. Learn to use grammar. It's an idiot, moron.
2. You said Bowser, implying that you shouldn't play that character.
3. Learn to spell.
4. You are a troll just making other people react because you posted a false statement? Troll.
6. It's AN IDIOT, MORON.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
1. Learn to use grammar. It's an idiot, moron.
2. You said Bowser, implying that you shouldn't play that character.
3. Learn to spell.
4. You are a troll just making other people react because you posted a false statement? Troll.
6. It's AN IDIOT, MORON.
My apologies
I was being a jerk. I was having a hard day, but thats no excuse....
Sorry...... :(

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
why were we comparing the ftilt to the fsmash?

fsmashing all over the place at random will get you nowhere, and so will ftilting all over the place at random (although that works vs some characters lol)

anyways....

Fail, fail and fail. I use more than character and my Bowser is better than my Falco. Why?

Because Bowser's learning curve is much easier than Falco's. Plus Bowser's Wave land>>> Wave Dash.
bowser is easy to play at an incredibly basic level i suppose where you up b spam and have almost no mindgames and die after every 4 or so fairs because your spacing is off and you get combod to poo without knowing how to recover properly XD

not to say you should STOP up b spamming at the higher levels of course XD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I use Up + B like crazy in 2v2's, it's such a sweeper. Especially on Yoshi's Story, I can cover the whole level and get a fortresshog to ledge attack :O

Top Bottom