• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learning to use Mario's fludd 101

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Do anyone have a way of using the fludd against mk when he inputs a special move?

:pow:

xHnSnx

Smash Rookie
Only ways i could think of is firing it at an angle off stage in anticipation of an Up-B or catch him off a retreating nado. Both would take a lot of reading and spacing.

steep

Smash Lord
Fludd is also very MU specific in that sometimes it is a waste of time to charge it. For example, I'm not sure if it is worth it for Wario, as he is so mobile in the air he could probably almost air dodge through it lol and I'm sure there are others. I'll think about it.

And Fludd is godlike in doubles. I'm not even trolling. It's so freaking good.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Using fludd against wario's air game can be helpful. Think of it as spaming the fludd against marth's air approach moves.

BSP

Smash Legend
I tend to try to outright challenge Wario's air game with Mario's own aerials. That's just me though.

Do anyone have a way of using the fludd against mk when he inputs a special move?

It can push Shuttle loop up quite a bit, but that's about it. I don't find FLUDD too useful against MK specials unless you catch him whiffing a Shuttle loop and heading offstage, or if, for some reason, he isn't sweetspotting the ledge.

Top Bottom