• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learning SSBB In One Day ?

akitoes

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. :)
I've been invited over to a casual ssbb tournament tomorrow. The problem is even though I have the game, I'm more of a PC gamer and I've never played against a human opponent either.
I'm quite competitive though and a fast learner so I'm looking to learn as much as I can today.

What are the most important things I should do/know about the game ? For example in DotA/HoN/LoL I would usually tell friends to "watch replays, practice, keep an eye on the minimap, never fight at a disadvantage, position yourself carefully.".

Thank you in advance :)

Life

Smash Hero
Pick Meta Knight, he's probably the easiest to learn. Watch your spacing. Know the whole moveset. Good luck, don't expect success overnight.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Use Metaknight and learn how to use tornado safely, it does tons of damage, is very mobile, and has infinite priority (minus projectiles). DSmash will be your main way of killing, and you should also learn to link a Uairs together. If it's a casual tournament, you can also get away with Extended/Infinite Dimensional Cape.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, if you have to be good by tomorrow, like everyone else said Meta-Knight would be the one, personally though if you actually get into the tournament scene I'd suggest you experiment with others to fit your needs and adjust to, practice and you'll eventually get the hang of it.

-Ran

Smash Master
If it's just casuals then:
1) Run/walk up to them.
2) Wait for them to attack.
3) Press Shield.
4) Punish their attack.
5) Repeat until dead.

This works well with D3, Snake, Falco, Mk, and Marth.

Top Bottom