• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learning Ike! Looking to add some good Ike players!

egernant

Smash Rookie
Ive used Ike since day one, and I can beat all of my friends here, but I just don't feel like I'm very good. I have heard the best way to get better and learn Ike is to play people who use Ike that are better than me, so I am looking to add as many people as I can so I can always find a good Ike match. Again, I'm decent, but looking for some really good matches to get better and learn my weaknesses.

My friend code is under my picture to the left, please add me and post so I can add you. I appreciate the help, guys.

Jamaz

Smash Rookie
Don't have to play another Ike and try to copy his style. It's much easier to just study Kirk's informative videos and decide when to utilize certain movements. Teaching Ike against Ike isn't the best way to learn anyway since you will find out range and speed on your own. It's best to keep playing better players using different characters and practice known moves so you can learn the perfect time to execute them. I think one of the most important videos is Kirk's exact % kills for medium characters so you know when to focus using what.

http://youtube.com/user/kdr4485

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well jamaz has a point but i like fighting other ikes and copying new things that they learn to so im pretty decent dont like saying im good cause alot of ppl can own me probly but can u still add me

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hit me up on AIM sometime and maybe we can work something out.

CaptainChemoX

I've been a bit busier lately, but if I have sometime I can help out some people who would like advice or pointers.

--Kirk

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
"I have heard the best way to get better and learn Ike is to play people who use Ike that are better than me"

Trust me my dude, this is far from true. The best way to truly get better with any character is to go out and seek decent/good people who use other characters and ask if they'd be nice enough to let you fight them. I've done this and it's helped loads. Try adding on AIM/getting in contact with people who proficient with various characters.

I fight Blackanese a lot, he's a beast with ICs and GW

I fight MYOGKitt from time to time, he's a beast with Link

I fight Basic_Sausage some and he's good with D3 and ZSS

I fight BUM a lot and he's good with, well, everyone lmao.

but my point is yo uneed to experience fighting AL characters or you will always have holes. Fighting aan Ike better than yours is really just going to help you be able to fight Ike one on Ike, which is important since learning to beat your own character is big too, but probably not entirely what YOU are looking for.

Now, talking/training with better Ikes and just getting general tips is a great way to get better, but just fighting them a bunch wont help you deal with wolfs, olimars, ICs, etc very well.

egernant

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice VersatileBJN. How do I find a bunch of people better than me with a variety of characters? Im not going to go to every character board and ask for few opponents...im sure that would be frowned upon.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Well I guess I'm lucky that I just happened to be lurking around when really sick players like Azen and Bum dropped their AIMs on various boards. I don't know dude, just ask people privates if you think public would get annoying(probably would). Most of the community is actually really chill and willing to give games. Those who ignore ya? No biggie.

I PM'ed a lot of really good players and they all hooked mup with contact info. Most of the time it's not even people with high reputation for being sick. Brawl is too new to be worrying about just fighting the big names from MELEE. If I see a player discussing intelligent strategy and seem to really know how ot play as well as me or better, I try to holla at em.

Jamaz

Smash Rookie
My AIM is Jaimmaz, I'll add you but just toss me a line before you want to get some practice in. I might have a short attention span of Ike vs Ike matches for more than an hour though! Map rotation helps a lot.

Techniques that I'll probably be practicing but have trouble pulling off on Wi-Fi: RAR, d-tilt, chain jabbing->flow movement, fast falling n-airs.

CrazyAces00

Smash Rookie
I'm looking to start somewhere in getting into fighting people on these boards, I suppose i should start here. I use Ike and Marth as my mains, and would like to battle you guys. I'm curious to know how I size up to the other Ike users on these boards, mainly because I'm unorthodox when i use characters.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
My FC is in my profile, my AIM name is Rykoshet too if you need to get a hold of me.

Edit: Naomasa it never went past awaiting registration btw, I can add your code again or something.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
You don't even have to watch others play.... Ike is a pick-up and play character.

lol nub, yes anyone can pick him up and own, but you can't beat ppl of higher skill.
Hit me up on AIM sometime and maybe we can work something out.

CaptainChemoX

I've been a bit busier lately, but if I have sometime I can help out some people who would like advice or pointers.

--Kirk
this is the man right here to learn new ****, just take a look at his guides, I can vouche for his skill.
watch a few vids too.

SOPF

Smash Apprentice
I'm up for a match. I'm not the best but I'm not too bad either. Maybe u can learn something from me or vice versa. Oh, and kirk is good, he should give u some fun matches, as long as u don't get ***** too bad. Anyway, my FC should be under my avatar but just in case it's 3050-7234-6558.

Top Bottom