• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laundry's Mini Mafia actually hosted by Gheb | Day 3

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Who is scum? Why that is OBVIOUSLY Red Ryu.... But seriously tho the only person I have really sus of is Luigi for reasons said before, but I kinda hon JTB, but then again, It could be some IRL stuff that's a happening like he said before... I dunno man :ohwell:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Who is scum? Why that is OBVIOUSLY Red Ryu.... But seriously tho the only person I have really sus of is Luigi for reasons said before, but I kinda hon JTB, but then again, It could be some IRL stuff that's a happening like he said before... I dunno man :ohwell:
JTB is a wildcard due to most likely irl stuff.

We'll need to wait til after holidays for that.

You ok with the people pushing you right now? Do you feel they are unjustified?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
As for your read on CHP, from my experience, I believe the opposite. Usually an innocent accused would defend vehemently, as they know if they were lynched, then he and his team are more likely to fail. Even when they had no evidence to back them up, such as on day 1, they would still try to defend themselves, e.g. "Don't lynch me now, I'll prove I'm innocent" or "Trust me. I am innocent. If you want, lynch me later on, when you actually have solid evidence (which you won't)." etc. etc. etc. Typically, even when they are mafia, they would still do so as a facade to imply innocence. I've only ever seen this once before, when someone not particularly experienced came under heavy fire. He gradually began to adopt a more and more 'given up' attitude and eventually even admitted he was mafia.

I believe something similar is happening to CHP, as his lack of experience means he doesn't know how to correctly respond to threats. For example, anyone, even a newbie, could have seen that my argument was weak and merely based off the fact that he was the least valuable. I even explicitly stated so. Nevertheless, he didn't even bother attempting to defend himself but rather asked how he could defend himself and after that mostly became inactive.
Sir, are you implying that there is an absolute correct way to respond to threats? Like I'm supposed to follow this rule or something? Cause as far as I know that's how I see it and I'm pretty sure there isn't >_>

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Sir, are you implying that there is an absolute correct way to respond to threats? Like I'm supposed to follow this rule or something? Cause as far as I know that's how I see it and I'm pretty sure there isn't >_>
I'm not implying there are 'correct' ways as such, but there are more typical ways which use a stronger and more convincing argument. The only experience I have had with arguments of your type suggests, to me, that you are probably mafia. However, your inexperience could potentially account for this. Nevertheless, you still have yet to come up with a convincing counter-arguement for our accusations.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
What direction would you suggest is the best option given that we will be lynching today?

What do you think of Rosalina's back and forth with you earlier and checking Epic Mafia?
Well, we have the least risk lynching CHP. Sorry mate, but that's what I say.

There wasn't much back and forth as much as back, to forth, to the middle. I guess. Doesn't seem too odd.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Fine.... Lynch me then, I don't care anymore

I REALLY want to say what role I am....
Well your going to die so mine as well reveal so if we don't have anyone else claim it we can know for sure your inno. And if another claims and we still lynch you to reveal your that role, we can lynch the other who claimed your role. Really you should claim.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well your going to die so mine as well reveal so if we don't have anyone else claim it we can know for sure your inno. And if another claims and we still lynch you to reveal your that role, we can lynch the other who claimed your role. Really you should claim.
Who says he will die? Why should he die?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
At work right now and it's extremely slow, so I'll be able to catch up in this game before driving back to California tonight to my family for Christmas. So give me a while and I'll be back in this

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I predict you are Jailer,CHP.It's true,you bringing Jailer up early on was normal,but the way you worded it,I don't know...it was like you WERE the Jailer.
Just what I got from it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@ JTB JTB being honest here I have no scum reads. what do you think as a fellow Ic about this?

aka I scum at reading new players.
I have some ideas on how to read new players as scum, try thinking back to your first game and how your mindset was. Thankfully I was scum my first game, so that gives me some insight.

You not having any scum reads at that time doesn't really invoke any thoughts in me though. I know this is probably an outdated post, but I still wanted to give you my thoughts regarding new scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I have some ideas on how to read new players as scum, try thinking back to your first game and how your mindset was. Thankfully I was scum my first game, so that gives me some insight.

You not having any scum reads at that time doesn't really invoke any thoughts in me though. I know this is probably an outdated post, but I still wanted to give you my thoughts regarding new scum.
This is outdated, I currently have Luigi as scum despite his no lynch shenanigans doing what it has.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Sorry ****, I thought CHP had like 3 votes. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be best to claim until like, all 6 of us have voted you. If you do claim, and no body else claims, we have an inno, which means we lynch somebody else. In this case we end up increasing chance of lynching maf. If somebody else claims, we'll have a 1/2 chance of getting maf. If you're lynched, your role will be revealed. We would lynch the other guy. It would overall help if it's looking grim for you.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Finished my first read through and gonna do another with more information in mind. I'm not feeling scumCHP at all due to his reactions to pressure and his willingness to be lynched. This might change later with more happening, but it's not a route I currently am confident in.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Finished my first read through and gonna do another with more information in mind. I'm not feeling scumCHP at all due to his reactions to pressure and his willingness to be lynched. This might change later with more happening, but it's not a route I currently am confident in.
You read my mind.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Same here. However, my basis for lynching CHP is mostly based off the inherent losses if he turned out to be innocent, rather than some particularly strong mafia reads.

On the other hand, I am suddenly feeling mafia from Luigi. Both ideas he has proposed are actually detrimental to our survival (no lynch and CHP claim). Even if CHP were about to be lynched, if he turned out to be mafia but claimed a role, then the mafia would know who the actual person with the role would be. We would be forced to sacrifice a person with a role for a mafia. However, this tactic would only work if both Luigi and CHP are mafia, with Luigi voting CHP to mislead others. This might be a very long shot, but it's my two cents. (Although, if they were both mafia, Luigi could have just told CHP to claim in their own communications thread, without posting anything in the public thread...)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I have a pretty good idea of what RR is going to say, so I'm not gonna steal his spotlight and ask some of my own questions.

Luigi, what do you think of Jay trying to predict CHP's role in his #140?

Hotcakes, what is your read on Rosalina currently? And while you are at it, can I get one on Luigi?

Rosalina, besides the fact that he is an experienced player, what is your read on RR?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I have a pretty good idea of what RR is going to say, so I'm not gonna steal his spotlight and ask some of my own questions.

Hotcakes, what is your read on Rosalina currently? And while you are at it, can I get one on Luigi?

Rosalina, besides the fact that he is an experienced player, what is your read on RR?
I haven't got much off RR yet. He makes frequent posts, which appear to be aligned with town, much as how one would expect an experienced player to comment. So although he appears to be town, it is far from definite. Currently, I am focussing on everyone new, as they're more likely to make mistakes and are probably going to be easier to read than the ICs. It's not impossible the ICs are the mafia, but the chance of that are quite low, so I'm leaving that for day 2, when I have more material to analyse.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gonna do this while having some Sake.

Alright, Brewyu write up, shout out to EvilEye for this.

RosalinaGSG is town, I stand by this til lylo. I do not know if he/she made an account on epic mafia but I do believe the effort made to try and figure out a slot in this game. Has made the best effort to figure out the alignment of other slots and who is scum or town. The effort is there and in a newbie game, no way is he scum. This guy is almost 100% town off what I have read.

CyberHyperPhoenix, let's look at his play. Does he not really scum hunt. Yup, but be real here, does he know how to mafia? I don't think so. With th recent PR like claim @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix I do not think he is scum. He is playing bad off just raw mafia play, but know how his play. He is new. Look at my questions of him. He clearly does not know how to scum hunt, this is ok if there is a clear tell of this. He had shown this very very clear in the posts I questioned him on this, he does not understand how to mafia very well. But on top of this, think about how he soft claimed. He made it clear he needed to claim he was clearly trying to soft he was a town PR. I believe this is the truth.

@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix do not claim what you are unless I say so.

Vote; Luigi#1

Here is why, look at how he played. I will entirely give him benefit of the doubt on the Epic mafia stuff. But after the fact what else? He has not once tried to find scum. At best he has ridden off Rosalina's idea that Pheonix is scum, and that is it with his play.

Luigi has made no attempt to try and make any plays on why anyone is scum, and if then when questioned by me and not tried to figure out if this slot could be town or scum.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637

RosalinaGSG is town, I stand by this til lylo. I do not know if he/she made an account on epic mafia but I do believe the effort made to try and figure out a slot in this game. Has made the best effort to figure out the alignment of other slots and who is scum or town. The effort is there and in a newbie game, no way is he scum. This guy is almost 100% town off what I have read.

CyberHyperPhoenix, let's look at his play. Does he not really scum hunt. Yup, but be real here, does he know how to mafia? I don't think so. With th recent PR like claim @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix I do not think he is scum. He is playing bad off just raw mafia play, but know how his play. He is new. Look at my questions of him. He clearly does not know how to scum hunt, this is ok if there is a clear tell of this. He had shown this very very clear in the posts I questioned him on this, he does not understand how to mafia very well. But on top of this, think about how he soft claimed. He made it clear he needed to claim he was clearly trying to soft he was a town PR. I believe this is the truth.

@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix do not claim what you are unless I say so.

Vote; Luigi#1

Here is why, look at how he played. I will entirely give him benefit of the doubt on the Epic mafia stuff. But after the fact what else? He has not once tried to find scum. At best he has ridden off Rosalina's idea that Pheonix is scum, and that is it with his play.

Luigi has made no attempt to try and make any plays on why anyone is scum, and if then when questioned by me and not tried to figure out if this slot could be town or scum.
What are your opinions on everyone else? i.e. JTB, Hotcakes and Unseen? I realise that they haven't posted much, but any hunches?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Ba- ****.

Well it seems suspicious, but I don't really think too much of it. Odd though.

Vote; Luigi#1

Don't understand your last sentence, but I'll confess to still being rather new. I only recently found EM, and I'm still trying to get good.
You do bring up good points about CHP, and it really kinda makes me think he's townie.
RedRyu is actively participating and scumhunting.
Rosalina seems inno also, with helpful posts.
Captain, well, he pushed CHP's lynch even harder then I did. But atleast he has reasoning.
JTB, well, seems to be like RedRyu, but just... less. As an IC JTB would know to scum hint just enough as a maf, but I don't see it as much as RedRyu.
Jay, well as I said earlier, the posts seem a bit... filler. Jay voted a IC in the beginning, and there was the jailer thing. All honesty Jay is the one I can see most as maf.

I can prove my innocence.

Top Bottom