• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest trends in random wifi battles

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Why do we always somehow get off topic?
Ike, wii chuck ha!

If i used wiichuck, how could i spam smashes:cool:

I've given up on snake, and there's no point teaching me how to DACUS if i can't even walkoff dair any more.:( Also i tried your techs except for the z one, only got it twice.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
By setting the Dpad to smashes.

Your lack of tech skill is pitiful.

Snake's DACUS has to be the easiest in the game.

If you think that is too difficult, you should see Wolf's or Sheik's.

Snake is a lot deeper than you seem to assume.

Now I get why you play Ike. No character-specific tech skill needed.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
No, i got...
bthrow->buffered dash attack. No other character can do that.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
All characters can buff their dash attack. Just press dash and dsmash.

I also assume you know that bthrows aren't crap tier specific.

Unless you mean using the bthrow to buff.

Even so, people know to stay out of Ike's grab or jab range. If they do get caught, they'll probably DI and use their superior recovery.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I see marths late at night, or I see the same marth almost every night, and he freaking hates me, broke up too many of his tps.

:phone:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I used to see the same people night after night but not so much now.

There was this fire Mario that hated me lmao.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
By setting the Dpad to smashes.

Your lack of tech skill is pitiful.

Snake's DACUS has to be the easiest in the game.

If you think that is too difficult, you should see Wolf's or Sheik's.

Snake is a lot deeper than you seem to assume.

Now I get why you play Ike. No character-specific tech skill needed.
Actually, Snake's DACUS is so easy you don't need to do those inputs. For Snake I mash the c-stick down then up quickly to DACUS.

And Ike is really easy, his only important tactics are buffering, jab canceling, and pivot smashing.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I see too many marths just waiting to gang up on the poor soul who chose ike .
Whenever i see this, **** GOES DOWN, and i help the underdog, that is until he starts attacking me.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There's a lot of player variety later at night for some odd reason.

About couples, I've been seeing it. A lot of Links/Marths/Ikes trying were trying to ask me out but I rejected them. I just can't see how people can waste their time showing randomness. I used to but that's passed me.

Now while couples are becoming more common, Alliance Couples (as I like to call them) are still rare. You know, where they randomly attack any player they feel like regardless of the TP Signal.

@FoxBlaze: Where did you learn to do DACUS like that? I can't even imagine. C-Stick Down and Control Stick-Up+Z.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
May just be me but ive been ganged up on every time i enter a tp i used to take part in most tps but now ive just about had it sigh even tb has become stupid...well i think i need to take a break and go back to fighting cpus

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Marths usually don't aim their smashes at all. PS, watch for counter spam, know your spacing, and he's a piece of **** under your shoe.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Team Battle players are just getting worse and worse every day.

It's just so much more crucial that everyone have an equal skill in Team Battle than in the randomness of Basic Brawl, but obviously all the new players are just sick of getting strong-armed by a bunch of Basic Bullies. It's enough to move me to do some clean-up duty.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
We need to clear BB of all the gay mother****ing teamers that think they're top ****.

I fought a couple of ******* today that threw items and **** at me when I was pretending to be AFC.

Although I didn't win, they got a good ****** and a DC.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord

It's just so much more crucial that everyone have an equal skill in Team Battle than in the randomness of Basic Brawl, but obviously all the new players are just sick of getting strong-armed by a bunch of Basic Bullies. It's enough to move me to do some clean-up duty.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with how I was feeling about team battles today. It's absolutely awful now—practically a game of who can hit each other with the most items and get the most kills off of final smashes. I never find any good players on there anymore.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Even then, i found several matches with good players today. They were still wrecked by noobs and their items.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Even then, i found several matches with good players today. They were still wrecked by noobs and their items.
Yep, and I'll have to admit that I usually end up getting wrecked by items in teams too, sadly. I normally could deal with them offline, but under such circumstances with button lag and "two" players hoarding in items to chuck at me and my teammate, it's a pain in the *** to have to deal with them every match... Yeah, I wouldn't mind items every once in a while, but it's practically every match now that they're turned on.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
10-12pm is the only time for tb, its when all the serious fighters are avoiding bb because taunt parties are more frequent and harder to deal with. Also can take a long while to find a group, which I think weeds out a lot of causal players. Just before my wii crapped out I had a great 2 hour session with the same players all skilled and even, didn't matter at all what the pairings were, good times.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm in a group with an ICs right now, who actually knows how to chaingrab. And a decent, for wifi standards. And an okay Link too.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
10-12pm is the only time for tb, its when all the serious fighters are avoiding bb because taunt parties are more frequent and harder to deal with. Also can take a long while to find a group, which I think weeds out a lot of causal players. Just before my wii crapped out I had a great 2 hour session with the same players all skilled and even, didn't matter at all what the pairings were, good times.

Agrees. I'm so used to PSing a lot offline that when I play online i get hit due to input lag.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Fought a fantastic Kirby/IC in BB. What made him stand out is he had no qualms about using whatever items were lying around, especially the hammer! Then I stupidly grabbed a hammer and just stood there out of respect...but he left after that match like he was insulted...probably would have trounced me with that stupid thing regardless, it's not like I haven't grabbed people out of hammers before.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
When it comes to Smash Balls I waste them so it doesn't look like I need them to win against an opponent that wants a fair 1 on 1 without using items that spawn. Although I hate when I fight stupid Sonics that get the Smash Ball then go Super Sonic then KO you then taunt because of it. Back then I started attacking Sonics a lot. Especially love it when I grab Sonic out of his recovery then release him then he falls to his doom.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Team Battle item trolls lately

In recent days, Team Battle has been abysmal with overpowered items. My tolerance is inversely proportional to their frequency, so it is my mission to put an end to this obnoxious trend before it gets out of control. It has been so bad recently, that I have been disconnecting initial groups that I start with if I see an item spawn in the first 10 seconds or so. It doesn't necessarily mean I will right away, but when group after group is bad about this, I do not put up with it. I am more likely to tolerate some if the group previously was itemless, though not for too long. I am also seeing a pattern, narrowing it down to specific characters that I see in each instance. More to come on that as I investigate.

Clean up duty, indeed.

Oh, and I did see the item rain hack for the second time. I didn't even let that last for a second before disconnecting them. Whoever is doing this, save that stuff for Basic Brawl, please. Taunters would be more appreciative of such stuff, rather than those of us who actually are trying to get real matches. Thanks.

And yes, equality of skill levels on teams are so critical. I think that's why only the more dedicated tend to go to Team Battle, given how hard it is to maintain such balance.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I can tolerate items of it is weak useless ones like smoke bombs, Mr. Saturn, (Although I really love them since people constantly keep shielding it.) or even food as long as it isn't max tomatoes or those heart containers. Otherwise those are what I can put up with. Not explosives, bumpers, and those ang annoying star rods and bats.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I couldn't get a good BB match for as long as I tried and as soon as i tried to do TB, I instantly got two players + another and got started. It was an itemfest for a few matches then magically, we got no items. I think there is always a decent player hiding in the bunch of noobs buried it items, throwing them all around and that was a zelda in the group this time. As soon as I went MK, the players were all more cautious of me. They probably know about the ban.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
If only it were just that

^

I wish they were just using items like the ones stated above. Unfortunately, it's a bunch of the most powerful ones on high frequency. There are ways to nullify (or at least minimize) their effects with certain stages that are even more absurd, but there's no guarantee of even getting that pick. Sometimes I feel like I have to preemptively pick certain tournament-banned stages just in case I am about to enter a room with items, as backwards as that may sound.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yeah lol I got a lot of work to catch up on. If only I could get paid for getting rid of trolls online. I'll still work towards that goal.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Luckily, while you were on your hiatus, mainly everyone here has worked towards eradicating TPs usually by skill. And our progress shows(well maybe not to you but a general consensus).
I think everyone here deserves a cookie.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I'm very pleased with everyones progress. I'd love to help in getting rid of TPs as well. You can count me in.

I've also actually encountered a couple scrubby TPs that were very easy to break apart.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
As self-proclaimed captain, i recruit you young veteran(needed oxymoron). You probably have more experience than me though...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Well experience or not, my playing needs some brushing up on. My brother can help with with that so after a little practice, I will go into battle and battle harder than ever.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
i've been on hiatus for the past two months, i'm curious on how they breed,i mean evolved/improved.

Top Bottom