• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Spent a few hours alone in Portland. 3DSin' in the park, and what have you. The weather was nice (Windy though) so I had to. I need to get my pale ass in the SUN!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow the kimono is beautiful Ylnk! That must have been fun, did you get to walk around in it for very long?

I'll be in Portland for two days in June, can't wait!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yeah, i've considered getting dreads before. i think they look awesome when done right, but idk, i wouldn't be able to go back to normal long hair so i'm scared :< but now with having braids it makes me want to get dreads even more haha.
Get them.

You won't regret it.

Still wish I had mine. :/ Ex cut them off. Growing back again but it takes too LONG...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Correct.

At the concert last night you could tell they were trying to play mostly their new stuff which was a huge let down. I really wanted to hear songs like Emergency and Conspiracy. They literally played like one to two songs of each album and then the rest of the show was their new album.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Got drunk at an unopened carnival with one of my ladies. Was an amazing night <3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
image.jpg

Captain Teemo reporting for duty!
I don't even like Teemo.
My friend got me the hat at GDC though...I'm cracking up this hat is hysterical

Also image is sideways until you click it maybe

iPhones yo

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Big hair competition on the weekend with my hairdresser. So new colour and new chop, few shots when it's styled properly and I'm done up to look high fashion or something.

But it also works in a more casual setting too. I kind love looking like a little anime boy. <3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
But, my iphone was half a gift xD

2nd phone i ever had died, but i thought i had upgrade time which was awesome. Apparently mom decided to use my upgrade to get an iphone since little sister used mom's upgrade.....so i was left with a dead phone and a crappy go phone thing. Sister burned through her upgrade and mom's upgrade with broken phones :I She's gone through 5 phones and is on her 6th atm. She is a terror to our phone plans because the rest of us take care of our technology

But, now i has iphone and i actually like it. I named it Orpheus and it has a Portal Turret sticker skin thing on it.

Also TM lookin fierce

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I'm always jealous of TM. Actually as of late I've been feeling like all of my progress has been for naught. Feeling extremely disappointed in myself.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why the jealousy? There's never much point in comparing yourself to others. And what goal do you have where you feel you have not made much progress? You look like you've been doing well. I was a bit of a chubby kid in my teens and even through some of my early twenties (i'm officially mid twenties, urgh). But once I started doing the things I did for myself and not for others and made an effort to work on my character as well, I started enjoying myself a lot more in general. I've also just been incredibly fortunate to have some great experiences from the situations I've put myself in.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Do not be jealous of the TM
Strive to live like the TM

I agree with her though, Mizuki.
It's a process. it takes time. dont disappoint yourself with negativity. itll get you nowhere.

in that regard, found out we are not able to resign the lease for the house
sad, but excited to see what cool new place we can find. We have til july 31...i think we can make it. We're a smart bunch of college kiddies.

so see....you just gotta hang in there and keep on truckin. dont let stuff getcha down, girlie!

Vixen

Premium
I guess some of the jealousy is the attention she gets. I post pictures I'm pretty happy with and it's like "oh she posted more picture, whatever."

The goal is to be a better me but its also amazing how fragile I can be.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I personally am enjoying watching your progress Mizuki. It's very interesting. I just haven't commented because I don't know what to say about it that wouldn't be awkward, lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
I guess some of the jealousy is the attention she gets. I post pictures I'm pretty happy with and it's like "oh she posted more picture, whatever."

The goal is to be a better me but its also amazing how fragile I can be.

a lot of people post pictures here without ever getting commented on, take a look back at the last few pages and you'll see its not just you. it's not a bad thing, people just don't always have something to say about a particular picture.

TM posts pictures of visiting places, of interesting food, of new hairstyles. on top of that, she also regularly comments on others' pictures and answers questions, so naturally, people around here grow a fondness for her. she's practically the heart and soul of this thread.

if you're happy with your pictures, that's all that matters. don't seek validation from others, especially not on the internet. seek validation from yourself, that's oftentimes the hardest part.

Vixen

Premium
i seek validation from other's because it's not something i get very often. :\

when you're someone like me and you go most of your life without compliments, even anonymous ones are particularly potent.

also look at it like this - i thought i looked ****ing amazing. then i show the pictures to friends, and communities i frequent and i get little to no feedback/positive feedback? Do you know how much that hurts? It makes me doubt if I actually look good at all, or if i'm disillusioned.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Why does it matter to other people if you're happy with how you look? Why do they need to approve of you?

If you think you look amazing, then you look amazing. Have some confidence, do what makes you feel good about yourself.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's useful to have confidence, but thinking you look "****ing amazing" and then expecting that opinion to be validated by others, you will likely be disappointed. I certainly know I'd be disappointed expecting that from others. :p As would most I'd suspect. But I'm k with my appearance, and I don't really model myself for others, even if I do in fact appreciate kind words on my superficial aspects (and believe me, I'm rarely looked fondly upon, and I'm used to my fair share of superficial ridicule of all kinds). Besides, isn't everything you're going through for yourself anyhow, ultimately speaking?

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Jane put it very well, wubs <3

I certainly never post in attempt to upstage anyone, my main point of posting in here is to share, via pictures, since that's the topic of this thread and because I'm a very visually driven person. If no one comments, I could care less, I've had pictures here that don't get comments, no big deal. I'm working, have a part time internship, I have a very active blog on the side, I have a boyfriend, I have a trip I'm preparing for, I don't need to post here, but I do because I like to share with you guys random stuff that goes on in my life and you're all quite lovely for the most part.

Mizuki, although you are looking for validation, you should certainly be gracious when you do receive it, I remember a couple of pages back I commented that you looked like you had lost more weight and all you tell me is that you actually haven't. I'm not asking you to boast, but a little 'thanks' doesn't hurt, especially if that is what you're after in the first place, which isn't really the healthiest attitude to have on an open forum.

I've been where you've been before, I was incredibly insecure and quite emotionally fragile. Nobody can be responsible for getting over those feelings, but you.

If you want people to respond, give us a little more to work with. Previously you said you're 7 months in. How are you feeling? Have there been any recent changes in particular you've noticed? You're going through something very unique that a lot of us haven't, and the more you share of that, the more you can generally engage others.

At the end of the day, we're only here to have a little fun. It's the internet, don't put all of your eggs (feelings/emotions) in this basket.

And on that note. My puppy dawg looking all cute <3

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Mizuki, If it makes you feel any better I didn't even realize your situation until I read "7 months in". My initial thought when seeing your photos was 'these days only gay guys get attention in this thread'. :p

Vixen

Premium
I didn't realize saying that I hadn't lost weight, and rather gained weight was somehow offensive. It's like everything that comes out of my mouth, or in this case, what I type is offensive in some way, shape, or form..... :\

I thought I HAD been fairly vocal in sharing the happenings of the transition... What do you want to know that I haven't shared? I'm very confused.

Recent times have been difficult. Depression has been cutting in to my life incredibly hard. I find myself blacking out and losing massive amounts of time. I blink, and anywhere between 10 minutes, to an upwards of 3 hours have gone by and I don't remember what I did, if I even did anything at all. I never remember if I take my hormones or not. I think I either take too much some days, and it's wasted, or I go days at a time without taking them, so my progress has been very stunted as of late.

Emotionaly, it's been a rollercoaster. sometimes I'm the happiest I've ever been, and sometimes I'm so emotionally drained, I sleep 16 hours, and eat maybe 500 kcal. Other days I just keep eating and eating and aeating, and it's getting worse since I moved out. I've actually gained 20 lbs since February. I was my lightest at 135, just weight in this evening at 155 after dinner. Not being able to eat what I want, how much I want, and keeping a consistent schedule has been very damaging to me. I miss the emotional control and financial stability.

I've been going through phases where I feel incredibly feminine, as if I were never born male to begin with. Recently, I cut my hair, because lolarizona.

I look at those images, and it's like, "Ew, I just look like some transvestite trying too hard." instead of like a feminine. Though quite a few people have called my current cut, etc fairly cute, I look at myself in the mirror and can't help but feel incredibly dysphoric.

I'm at a point that I'm questioning the effort I've put towards everything. I'm wondering if I'll ever be where I want to be, or if I even know what it is that I want. Fundamentally, all I want in the end is to be completely female. End of story, but the road to getting there has been so bumpy that it's recently been making me rethink everything. Especially since there are people who I know who constantly criticize me. Not always intentionally, but it's still incredibly painful. There are people who support me, but the detractors are larger in number, and more vocal than those who do support me. It's very lonely feeling.

Despite all the negatives, some things have changed recently. Fundamentally, I am a very different person. I don't react the same way to things I used to, and some things just don't affect me anymore, and new things affect me in ways I never would have thought. Some examples:

I used to hate tea. Now I chug it like water.
Soda, though something I'm addicted to, makes me physically ill. Particularly, it's the potassium. I used to be able to down it like it were water.
Fruit, something I used to despite, is now delicious.
Industrial, EBM, dubstep, hard rock, etc. Genres I used to hate are now appealing to me.
I've been doing things I used to not find entertaining, like thrifting, going downtown, to bars, to clubs, on dates, setting up excursions with non-gaming folk. I've been on so many dates with so many interesting, and incredible people in the last 2 months, it's incredible which further makes me wonder why I've been so emotionally down and hollow the past two weeks.
I used to hate chocolate. Now it's a physical god.

Oh. something interesting I learned recently. Genetically, I'm XXY. Imagine that.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mizuki, it's understandable that emotions are a little crazy for you. It's basically taking chemicals that weren't as abundant in the body and making them abundant. I guess it's like a forced puberty sort of thing....but a puberty that makes you a woman? Idk xD Still, stay strong. Your transition has brought you a loooong way.​
For the blackouts and hormones, do you have alarms and alerts set up at all?​
Try to get a bunch of things in place to keep you set on things (check lists, phone alarms, etc) and make sure you keep OCD levels of detail on when you take the hormones, if you dont already. cuz if you can make that a habit, it might still stick during blackouts. Thus, you'll have a record on if you took hormones or not! :D​
also chocolate is awesome for the sads. seriously. chemically, it has stuff that makes you feel better. Us women arent crazy: its a low powered antidepressant!​

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Everyone's equal. I can treat you that same I can treat everyone else, and that's being the nice and generous guy. I posted a pic for the first time and straked responded "kill it with fire!". His jokes are ***, but I still don't mind. Just because TM is amazing at things doesn't mean you aren't. :p

I don't know if i'm saying the wrong things here, so sorry if I did.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Mizuki... I don't think you're really depressed. You're basically going through puberty all over again, and with female hormones... You're basically on an emotional roller coaster. Hang in there, it will be over eventually :p

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
TM always gets more attention than people ITT, not even due to the whole SHE'S A GIRL internet syndrome, but because her shots are generally way more visually engaging and appealing. I wouldn't be too concerned, even if you feel it's some sort of "oh they're doing it because she's prettier" thing, it's really just because her shots are always something that evokes comment. Plain webcam/phone shots don't really cause the same level of reaction.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hrm.

Me in a limo.

Them in a limo.

My sister in front, with her boyfriend behind, and 2 other people I don't know as much as they get ready for prom. I only came with them because it's a limo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
TM just DOES STUFF. And, it's cool ass stuff. Nothing I do is worth posting (Or allowed to be posted) so I stay away until I find more cardboard cut outs to stand by.

Top Bottom