• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laptop AC Adapter Problem

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
A while back, my laptop started giving me an error message every time I plugged in my AC Adapter, saying the following;

"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined. Your system will operate slower and the battery will not charge. Please connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher for the best system operation."

However, it always still charged for me so I wasn't too concerned by it and figured it was just a small glitch.

Last night, though, I noticed that the battery actually wasn't charging. I even left it in to charge overnight after it had about 9% battery, and when I got up this morning it was up to 19%. And I didn't sleep for that short of a time that it should only have charged 10%.

I checked my AC adapter and it IS 65W. It's the correct type of AC adapter, it just seems my system isn't reading it correctly.

Does anyone have any idea what it is, and if so, anything I can do to fix it?

The laptop is a Dell Vostro 1510, and I've only had it for about 8-9 months or so.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Well, it could be a number of things.

If the connection between your laptop and the A/C adapter is messed up, really the only thing to do is to get it repaired.

It could also possibly be your battery is going, and therefore not receiving the correct charge. The only way to fix this would be to get a new battery. I couldn't find any on the site so it looks like you should go to the site yourself and run their system analyser. It should then come up with a list of parts which fit your laptop exactly.

This will be able to give you info on your A/C adapter as well, if that ends up being the problem.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/DellPartsFamily.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&s=dhs

Top Bottom