• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landmine Tricks

fawfulrenosmash

Smash Rookie
Landmine Tricks

In Battlefield, Snake can play an impressive explosives game. I recommend choosing Battlefield as a counterpick stage.

Versus King Dedede

King Dedede leaps up during his dthrow. If you plant a landmine on one of the lower platforms on Battlefield, King Dedede will not be able to chaingrab you because they will get hit from the landmine. This allows you to camp with nades and save you from being gimped.

Versus Heavy/Medium Characters

Plant a landmine on the edge of a stage. Grab your opponent when they are in low percentages, then throw them towards the landmine. If they get hit from the landmine they'll fly up and you can hit them with a clean nair, uair, or if you're lucky, you can plant a C4 on them.

Versus Light Characters

Plant a landmine on the upper platform of Battlefield. Trick your opponent to go underneath the platform. Grab them, uthrow them, chances are they will get hit from the landmine and lose a stock.

Versus Donkey Kong

Most of the time, when you're facing Donkey Kong, he'll try to grab you, throw you off the stage, then spike you. One thing you can do to prevent this is plant a landmine on one of the lower platforms of Battlefield. I recommend planting it on the side of the platform that is closer to the center of the stage. If Donkey Kong grabs you in his cargo form, and you touch the landmine, you'll get saved from getting spiked. However, you will lose some damage but it might just prevent you from losing a stock.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Good info, but this is so specific that I wonder why you didn't just put it in the matchup thread.

If this intended to follow the thread title it's far from complete.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Here's a dumb trick.

I like burying mines on the Arwings that fly by on Corneria just because it's funny looking.

One time, an arwing with a mine on it flew over my opponent's character and did a barrel roll. The mine falls off onto my opponent and it explodes, killing him and just cracked up everyone who was there to see it.

I still bury mines on the ships just for fun and it's only happened one other time.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I don't know any tricks with them that aren't already in the guides, probably. I just like to get it placed so that I can grab them and force them to roll into either the land mine or a C4, or stay in place and get grabbed again.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Here's a dumb trick.

I like burying mines on the Arwings that fly by on Corneria just because it's funny looking.

One time, an arwing with a mine on it flew over my opponent's character and did a barrel roll. The mine falls off onto my opponent and it explodes, killing him and just cracked up everyone who was there to see it.

I still bury mines on the ships just for fun and it's only happened one other time.
this is cool.

but on an unrelated note
when the platform that the mine is on disappears, does the mine also disappear?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
No, it just falls straight down. If that means it falls off stage, it's gone. Otherwise, it'll just be directly below where it used to be.

Midnight702

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-1971-7020
Thanks for the info

Another thing I do when fighting a opponent after I KO him/her I run to a side of the stage and plant a claymore then a c4 next to it but not to close, then I try to get a Ftilt or a throw into the mine area, and if they dont hit the mines most of the time they will try avoiding the mines and roll back to you, thats when you hit them with a Fsmash :psycho:

Hot Sauce

Smash Cadet
Another trick i use is when yur opponent dies, plant a mine right at the edge of the stage, then if they aren't smart enough to destroy it through invincibility, Grab them and throw them towards the mine but make sure they dont hit the mine, If all goes as planned as i think it will, they will roll towards YOU since they are afraid of the mine, just grab em again or use f-smash.. More then likely they will rool towards you again.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I think that if you plant a mine at the very edge of the stage, it will detonate when people whose recoveries cannot autograb the ledge (Sonic, Wario) and stage spike them...or is that old news?

fawfulrenosmash

Smash Rookie
I think that if you plant a mine at the very edge of the stage, it will detonate when people whose recoveries cannot autograb the ledge (Sonic, Wario) and stage spike them...or is that old news?
This is new to me.

I'll be sure to try this some time. Thanks for the info! :)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
With the DDD part, if he's smart he'll just throw you up into the mine instead of continuing his chain grab till it blows him up.

Good tricks though. I love the throwing them into the mine then nairing them. It's so satisfying.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
Got suggestion from a pit/Sonic player

He kept avoiding my mines, but suggested that if I kept planting landmines randomly whenever I had the chance, it would probably help him lose track of where it is.

On one hand, I can see people not falling for it,

but on the other hand, designating a new landmine spot every 10 seconds can be confusing

mc4

Smash Journeyman
Here's a dumb trick.

thats pretty funny, low probability of working but it doesn't sound like a bad idea i'll definitely try that sometime

Top Bottom