• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless Aerials

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Here's the list of aerials that can be done in a SH without the need of it being L-canceled (unless you fastfall or do it too late). Kinda like how it's done in brawl:

:drmario::mariomelee::dkmelee::falconmelee::icsmelee::kirbymelee:
Uair & Bair

:luigimelee::peachmelee::nessmelee::samusmelee::zeldamelee:
All

:bowsermelee::foxmelee::gawmelee::roymelee:
None

:yoshimelee::marthmelee::sheikmelee:
Uair, Fair, Bair & Nair

:falcomelee::younglinkmelee:
Bair

:linkmelee::jigglypuffmelee:
Bair & Nair

:pichumelee::pikachumelee:
Uair

:mewtwomelee:
Uair, Fair & Bair

This might be useful in situations you want the hitbox to remain as long as possible without having to worry about L-canceling while preparibg for your next move.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
or you can just straight buffer it.... if you input a move during a time that you can't use it, and just hold it, you'll preform it as soon as you're able to.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Link's nair auto-cancel's before the hitbox goes away if you're frame perfect

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Regarding autocancel:
Autocancel means the aerial is in a state where landing while that part of the animation is playing, you will have the basic four frames of landing lag without doing anything.

Aerials basically go through the following states:
1. some startup, where it will autocancel
2. Hitboxes are active (you need to l-cancel)
3. some time without any active hitboxes, but not autocancelling yet
4. autocancel phase
5. IASA (the aerial animation is already interruptible by jumping and a few other things, but not by e.g. airdodging or using b-moves)
6. the aerial is completely over, no animation is playing anymore and you can do whatever you damn well please

I've yet to see an aerial that doesn't follow precisely this pattern (except for not every aerial having an IASA phase), but there might be exceptions. Length vastly differs from aerial to aerial, e.g. Marth's nair will autocancel a mere four frames after the second hitbox vanishes (allowing him to do SHFF autocancelled nairs), while with his bair the third phase is over 20 frames long.

Landing in the first or in the 4th or later phases will cause you to land with just the four frames of landing lag that happen regardless of whether you did something or not.

Last edited:

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Am I allowed to let's say auto-cancel Doc's uair or bair with a fastfall? The opening post makes it sound like I can't, but I thought it was possible.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
how the **** can you do a Dair with doc before landing... did you only test Mario

edit: tested with mario too, even rising SH downair with doc or mario does not have time before the move ends and he hits the ground...

2nd edit: i feel dumb even replying to this post... you cant even SH rising uair, no fastfall,
with doc without L cancelling still benefitting -.-

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
According to super doodleman's page mario's shorthop is too short for dair to complete, too.
(Mario spends 32 frames in the air, his uair can be interrupted with jump on frame 30 and his bair will even be completely over before hitting the ground, everything else will have to be l-cancelled)

Superspright

Smash Lord
or you can just straight buffer it.... if you input a move during a time that you can't use it, and just hold it, you'll preform it as soon as you're able to.
You brawl people really need to study our game before you start talking about it. It gets really annoying. We all have learned to time things the moment it was available to us--we don't get crutches.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
how the **** can you do a Dair with doc before landing... did you only test Mario

edit: tested with mario too, even rising SH downair with doc or mario does not have time before the move ends and he hits the ground...

2nd edit: i feel dumb even replying to this post... you cant even SH rising uair, no fastfall,
with doc without L cancelling still benefitting -.-
My bad, fixed.

@ M mYzeALot
Yes, u can even waveland.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
1. You cannot buffer attacks in Melee.
2. Any aerial can be done from a SH without having to L-cancel. Just jump off stage. :cool:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
You brawl people really need to study our game before you start talking about it. It gets really annoying. We all have learned to time things the moment it was available to us--we don't get crutches.
I can straight up guarantee you that I am more notable in the melee community than you are lmao.
My sentence is really oddly phrased, I'll give you that... but like... I am not a brawl player... at all...
And I know like... a lot about this game... I studied SDM's frame date and m2k's bs and magus420 stuff...
I'm Derf Mid West boiii
Get on my level.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I can straight up guarantee you that I am more notable in the melee community than you are lmao.
My sentence is really oddly phrased, I'll give you that... but like... I am not a brawl player... at all...
And I know like... a lot about this game... I studied SDM's frame date and m2k's bs and magus420 stuff...
I'm Derf Mid West boiii
Get on my level.
In all fairness, your statement was completely and utterly incorrect.

Top Bottom