• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagging issues

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
Anyone else get into matches that lag so badly you cannot act, but your opponent can and seems to be just fine?

Most of my For Glory matches have been like this, even with the LAN adapter. I am tired of being a rag doll, but everyone I talk to says they are doing fine with their LAN adapter. Usually when one person lags so does the other, but I am completely convinced that this isn't the case. I had a match with a Yoshi named Kaylen a few hours ago and it was absolutely awful being so helpless. None of my moves would come out, so its amazing that his did.

Is host advantage on a whole other level in this game or what? I have no idea what is going on. The worst part is is that it is not always like this. Sometimes its pretty okay, but more of than not its so bad I just never want to touch the mode. I see so many people complaining about bad players on this board, and I'd love to help be one of those good players evening things out but I just can't until Smash 4's online is either fixed. Even my buddy with 30mbps internet is having this problem, and we just don't know what to do here.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Anyone else get into matches that lag so badly you cannot act, but your opponent can and seems to be just fine?

Most of my For Glory matches have been like this, even with the LAN adapter. I am tired of being a rag doll, but everyone I talk to says they are doing fine with their LAN adapter. Usually when one person lags so does the other, but I am completely convinced that this isn't the case. I had a match with a Yoshi named Kaylen a few hours ago and it was absolutely awful being so helpless. None of my moves would come out, so its amazing that his did.

Is host advantage on a whole other level in this game or what? I have no idea what is going on. The worst part is is that it is not always like this. Sometimes its pretty okay, but more of than not its so bad I just never want to touch the mode. I see so many people complaining about bad players on this board, and I'd love to help be one of those good players evening things out but I just can't until Smash 4's online is either fixed. Even my buddy with 30mbps internet is having this problem, and we just don't know what to do here.

Suggestions? Thanks.
when one person lags, the others do, so they're just adjusting to it better.

if only one player lagged then the games would start desynching badly.

So...no you're not the only one in these matches that is experiencing the lag, your opponent just can adjust more quickly

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
Adjust to what? My character cannot move! I just get the **** beaten out of me while none of my inputs register!

At that point, its just whoever can get hit into a string first and that is some ****ing horse****. I just don't see how they are lagging as bad as me when they have moves coming out literally one after another and mine take 2-6 seconds on average to come out and its choppy when it happens.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
I feel your pain. I've been having so much lag with this game online with no logical explanation (inet router modem etc all work fine blah blah). I lag almost every game. Sometimes it's even at the point my character physically freezes for a few seconds and I cannot move at all. Other times my input is really delayed. Even if others I play with have that same lag it's irrelevant bc the lag online makes the game far less enjoyable. If you find any way to solve lag issues as I know not most but quite a few have had issues as well please share. Because I'd really like to play online at the quality of offline.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I know people are cheating.

Happened again earlier. Samus who kept charging during a laggy match. Suddenly my percentage is high and my opponent can't seem to hit me with it. I fly away into the distance, Samus shoots, as I'm coming back, it lagged perfectly and paused for a few seconds to where it was about to hit me, like a tactic to get me to miss an air dodge. Though it missed when it came to.

Top Bottom