• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lafayette's Melee 1 ~ April 10, 2010 ~ Lafayette, Louisiana

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i should be attending.

is taylor, kyle, or freddy going? or are they all off to FL? if so..................good. =]

Pritch

Smash Lord
New Orleans probably isn't making it (or at least not dan, avery, or me). Too many random last-minute complications, plus I'm still mad poor. Sorry guys, I'll be sure to make the next one.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. Just so you guys know we will gave a setup for recording matches. And a mic for commentary if anyone wants to commentate. Sooooooo yea. Mad hype right now.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i had a great time. good games to everyone. i had really close sets with flarefox, tim, ken, and taylor that all coulda swung either way. fun matches. next time i'm sure i'll be able to stay for teams/crews.

also, i got put in loser's by zack's ganon. legit!

thanks for hosting, jared.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Awww yea. Dude, Zak's Ganon is amazing. I was pleasantly surprised that he did so good! 5 th place at his first melee tourney? To to toooo good.

Shout outs:
ISBS- dude stop taking my money. I don't know when, but I will get my two... I mean four bucks back! :)

Curlz- Thanks for hosting another super fun tourney. Like I said I will come to any melee tournament you hold. You need to come join the melee aide, too!

To everyone else I played:

Taylor- thanks for beating me with Ness and destroying my confidence. Lol.

FlameFox?(the puff dude)- Our match was fun. I need more Puff practice. Lol

to everyone else: Had fun. I just wish we could have done doubles. Oh well, there's always next time.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Good games everyone. Too bad you couldn't stay longer Cyphus or hang out afterward. Its been a long time. -Kyle

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sorry for the delay, but here are the results.

1: Kyle (Marth) $45 + $5 pot bonus
2: TaylorHJ (Everyone) $22.50
3: Cyphus (Doc) $7.50
4: ISBS (Fox / Marth / Captain Falcon)
5: RSIA (Fox)
5: Zakosai (Ganon)
7: FlareFox (Jiggs / Shiek / Falco)
7: FakeGeorge (Jiggs)
9: Wiggins (Captain Falcon / Luigi)
9: Tyler (Marth / Captain Falcon)
9: Mark (Captain Falcon)
9: Coby (Shiek / Peach / Luigi)
13: Andre (Mario / Link)
13: Jake (Fox)
13: Richard (Captain Falcon)

Thanks to everyone that came out. Even though I didn't enter I had a really good time hanging out with everyone that I haven't seen in a while.

Good **** to Cyphus for placing 3rd and to Ken for placing 4th.

Special thanks to Wiggins, Zakosai, and Tyler for driving 4 hours to come to the tourny.

Edit: Results and bracket are now on the first post.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
ggs. thanks curlz. and special gj to cyphus. i thought he would come back really off his game but i was really surprised to see an almost old school play from cyphus. he especially beat up fox. beat every fox he played. too good.

and to wiggins: you should be happy it was close. i beat top player's best characters with him on occasion.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
ggs. thanks curlz. and special gj to cyphus. i thought he would come back really off his game but i was really surprised to see an almost old school play from cyphus. he especially beat up fox. beat every fox he played. too good.

and to wiggins: you should be happy it was close. i beat top player's best characters with him on occasion.

-taylor

Entreri

Smash Cadet

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think some things i've improved, but there were alot of situations where i sorta went blank and just didn't know what to do. prolly being out the metagame a while and just needing to refamiliarize myself with some matchups. i think a smashfest with you and company would suffice so i'll get ya'll next time ;) <end johns/trash talking>

but srsly. its been too long. i miss everyone. twas awesome seeing how everyone's improved, too. everyone's gotten crazy good at this game.

Wiggins

Smash Ace

-taylor

Well, I guess that makes me feel a bit better knowing you poop people with Ness at times.

Also, gg on triple post. lol =P

Pritch

Smash Lord
I like how taylor's account basically may as well not exist anymore. Entreri is this weird kyle/taylor thing now.

D

Deleted member

just for the lulz because im actually on my computer for once. im always on kyle's laptop.
marf trbl ftw

Top Bottom