• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lafayette's Melee 1 ~ April 10, 2010 ~ Lafayette, Louisiana

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I'm hoping and praying that this tournament has enough of a turnout so that it's worth the drive. I'm looking at doing better than I did last time(17th or 13th?). I'm aiming for at LEAST 1st.

:p Not really.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Itsn ormally whathappens. People see the thread and go "I'm going" and never respond. Lol. I'm happy to see you again Wiggins. Rep that North LA.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
so wiggAns, how many are coming from north LA? =)
Crunch, do some serious advertising in Laf. I want to see new laffy faces this time.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
might as well ban FD since that's way better for marth than FoD could ever dream of being

or dreamland cuz that stage can mess up marth's **** much worse than the avoidable low platforms and lack of space to completely exploit slow characters like FoD does to falcon

D

Deleted member

bump because im never going to one of curlz's tournaments again. waste of gas money and entry fee for no pay out. everyone boycott his ugly ***.

'V'

Smash Lord
This tourney's for CASH prizes this time. It'd probably be worth it if you got people to go and won again seeing as how he's giving a bonus out of his own pocket this time.

Curlz

Smash Lord
bump because im never going to one of curlz's tournaments again. waste of gas money and entry fee for no pay out. everyone boycott his ugly ***.
Boycott me by not coming to my tournaments so I don't have to deal with you anymore. I'm fine with that. I'm sure Lee, Ken, Wiggins or anyone else trying for first place and willing to come out for my tournaments wont mind that either.

I wasn't in charge of the money for FFF so its not my fault that they haven't been sent out yet. How many times do I have to apologize? I AM TRYING. And seriously, you said, and I quote, this is the most unprofessional thing I've seen, yet all you're doing is flaming and *****ing me out? That seems mature. How old are you anyway?

I'm trying to make it up to you by running this tournament and giving a bonus to first place with CASH prizes. If you don't want to come, by all means, don't.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
:( I'm still coming. I don't give a ****. I'm really not coming to this in hopes of winning. I'm coming to have fun and to play new people. It's all about getting better for me at this point. Maybe even when I'm"pro" status I'll still be going to these kinds of tourneys JUST for the fun in them. But that's just me. I'm still looking forward to this.

Curlz

Smash Lord
:( I'm still coming. I don't give a ****. I'm really not coming to this in hopes of winning. I'm coming to have fun and to play new people. It's all about getting better for me at this point. Maybe even when I'm"pro" status I'll still be going to these kinds of tourneys JUST for the fun in them. But that's just me. I'm still looking forward to this.
This is what a true competitive gamer is.

Thank you Wiggins. I'll see you there. :]

D

Deleted member

competitive gaming left when anyone in louisiana who could beat me stopped playing except kyle who is the only person i play anymore. there is no more competition for melee in louisiana. and i have every right to be mad and flame you son. when i ran tournaments i paid out. watch who you call immature.

'V'

Smash Lord
There are still people that play and want to come to tournaments to have fun and get better, just none that could beat you. That's the difference. If yours was the case, then competitive DDR never existed even before Chad and I stopped going to tournaments. It's just all about whether people still play or not, which for this game, they do.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Taylor has every right to be pissed, and calling him immature over it is fairly ridiculous. He's "flaming you out" as you put it because you (or a tournament you attached your name to, which means basically the same thing even if you're not directly in charge of payouts) owe him money that is over a month past due. I'd be annoyed too, and I'd definitely be telling you all about it in his shoes.

That said taylor, saying there's no competition because no one beats you consistantly but kyle is equally dumb.

D

Deleted member

i guess i didnt mean theres no competition. i meant i just enjoy it less. back in the day when there was lee cyphus jon wu ricky ray kyle and a bunch of people right under us it was too much fun.

'V'

Smash Lord
Most of us either moved on to Brawl, other games, or just don't play Melee as often as they used to. There are indeed still plenty of new faces around who would love to try and get better. Teach them like you did Kyle and Tim.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Most of us either moved on to Brawl, other games, or just don't play Melee as often as they used to. There are indeed still plenty of new faces around who would love to try and get better. Teach them like you did Kyle and Tim.
This means me :O

D

Deleted member

im way more busy, less motivated, and lazy these days too...

Wiggins

Smash Ace
:( Im getting more and more skeptical about this. I really hope this is worth the trip. If you're going please let it be known here so I can get all happy-faced plox.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Depending on my cash situation I may or may not be there. Hopefully the first one. Depends entirely on how my job hunting over spring break goes.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
okay so i stopped harassing you for a while but im still wondering if the money has been mailed yet curlz

-taylor

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Tooch. Money match this time?? :)

also, crunch, I think enough people have mentioned something about the stages. I wanted to quote what you typed on your original post about trying to take suggestions on how to better run the tournament, but everytime someone mentioned something about the rules you dismissed it.
I know you can't please everyone, but considering that the mbr stages differ from yours, maybe you should reconsider. Anyways, la melée never had official rules, we mostly just went with mbr or mlg rules.

Gah. Too much to type on a phone!!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Tooch. Money match this time?? :)

also, crunch, I think enough people have mentioned something about the stages. I wanted to quote what you typed on your original post about trying to take suggestions on how to better run the tournament, but everytime someone mentioned something about the rules you dismissed it.
I know you can't please everyone, but considering that the mbr stages differ from yours, maybe you should reconsider. Anyways, la melée never had official rules, we mostly just went with mbr or mlg rules.

Gah. Too much to type on a phone!!
Its not that I dismissed it, its that I don't know what is going on, lol. I don't play melee so I don't want to make a change to the rules that could end up being more problematic than what they are now.

Top Bottom