• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(L) Shielding (R)

REL38

Smash Lord
I'm right handed, but I use the L.

My right hand is already doing so much that it's easier to use the L-trigger to shield. Regardless, it's like asking if you prefer tap jump on or off, but even that makes more sense. L or R, whichever you use, is nothing important that changes much of anything.

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
I have L set to grab, due to shielding with R and not wanting to deal with the z button. Also X set to specials

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
L. Since when I played melee wavedashing with R gave my right hand too many things to do, so, I use L.

RenzoShadow

Smash Rookie
I mainly use L to shield because it feels a bit more natural to me as it is closer to the control stick, so when I shield and roll it feels more normal than it would if I had used R to shield.

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm an L shielder. I should probably map R to something other than shield and try to work it in to my game, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Top Bottom