• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kumite in Tennessee - Nashville, TN - Jul 12, 08

Handorin

Smash Hero
I already asked Reflex on AIM about teams. Though he was afk. =/

His decision though.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Is there double-occupancy? I would love to go if I could split a room's price among three other people.

Also, what time are the Brawl tournaments going to be? That's important for me, too. I may just be here.
Gah you could probably stay with JMOAN in Nashville and not have to pay anything (you would just have to team with me as payment and MM me......) Wario is Riding Yoshi?!? Axis of Evil Reborn!?!?!

ps It seems everyone loves reflex

Handorin

Smash Hero
That would be fine. I need to see how much lower to put you on the PR.

Wait you arnt on it. >_>

Milln

Smash Champion
I'll be arriving a day early, on Friday. Anyone else who's there should hit me up. I'll be in the lobby or the meeting room hangin' out with the two people I brought.

OH. VANDY. HEY
What time is Guilty Gear?

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Reflex is coming?! Well there went any chance in Hell I had of winning.

@ Patsie
I've been the host of VandyLAN's smash tournament for the past two semesters, and I assisted the semester before that. Personally, I would like it to be Melee this upcoming semester, but we'll likely do whatever the most people prefer to play. We'll probably either vote, or have a Facebook poll, or something similar. Give me a ring next semester so we can get together and play. Me and my roomate are pretty much the two "aficionados" of smash at Vanderbilt, if I may be so bold. There's also several upcoming sophomores that played a lot as freshman: George Bofysil is part of that group, who played quite well at VandyLAN and managed to get second. In any case, there's a good (casual) smash scene on Vanderbilt's campus if you know who to ask. :D

Milln

Smash Champion
I don't know who Reflex, nor JMOAN are, so I don't feel any fear. So.

See ya in the lobby on Friday. =D Hey if anyone has a DS, bring it. I want me some Mingle points on my The World Ends With You.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I'm a realist. Have you seen his Wario?!

Well, if KO can knock out Reflex...

Then I might knock out KO...

Then maybe I have a shot at winning...

Then I'll go on to beat M2K in a Falco v. Marth match in Melee. And then beat Isai in SSB64 using Link and him using Pika.

Oh, and Infinitan, we are extra super cool to the max! I have a sexy beard and he has this intriguing way of acting out the moves of his characters... You'll see what I mean.

Handorin

Smash Hero
My chances of going just dropped. Wmem isnt coming, and I cant find anyone around me who is interested. So unless my dad drives me, someone from MS/AL goes out their way, or I happen to find someone, Im not going. =(

Vandy

Smash Cadet
My chances of going just dropped. Wmem isnt coming, and I cant find anyone around me who is interested. So unless my dad drives me, someone from MS/AL goes out their way, or I happen to find someone, Im not going. =(

You need to come we need a rematch

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
this is worse than Band johns. *coughcoughScurredofYOSHIandREFLEXcoughcough*

make Roxas and Vexan come with you and bring Captain N too. NEED REMATCH!

Linuka

Smash Rookie
sup Ya'll. I'll be headin there For Brawl/Gear/3S.

First time actually posting on these forums, usually just lurk.

Look forward to meeting the TN areaish Smash community, yo.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
sup Ya'll. I'll be headin there For Brawl/Gear/3S.

First time actually posting on these forums, usually just lurk.

Look forward to meeting the TN areaish Smash community, yo.
wooooo to the new folks. Glad to see even more new faces in the community.

Linuka

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I look forward to actually playing Brawl competitively. My group that I play with only plays Melee, and well I can see why, Brawl is really easy to be decent at. But well it's still fun, and I guess the tournament scene favors Brawl over Melee right now?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hi KO and JMOAN!

I will be getting back to Nashville on 7/11 so I'm thinking of coming to this...but I'm so bad at Brawl that I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Are there going to be Melee setups at this?

I'll be in Nashville for 2 weeks, if you guys know of anybody playing at Vandy (JMOAN wasn't there last time I was in Nashville), I'd love to join you guys there.

Milln

Smash Champion
Super cool peeps? Sweet. =D Meet ya there.

Also, what time is Guilty Gear? I'm going for it, too.

NeonTigerX3

Smash Rookie
Turns out two people already have Saturday off so I can't get the PTO for that day. ):

...I'm going anyway, I still have 8 hours of "sick" time XD

Can't wait to meet some new people (:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Turns out two people already have Saturday off so I can't get the PTO for that day. ):

...I'm going anyway, I still have 8 hours of "sick" time XD

Can't wait to meet some new people (:
Bad *** man good stuff. Super pumped to meet everyone Lets make TN a kick *** state for Brawl

Hi KO and JMOAN!

I will be getting back to Nashville on 7/11 so I'm thinking of coming to this...but I'm so bad at Brawl that I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Are there going to be Melee setups at this?

I'll be in Nashville for 2 weeks, if you guys know of anybody playing at Vandy (JMOAN wasn't there last time I was in Nashville), I'd love to join you guys there.
HEY MANGZ its been while please come id love to hang out with yas im gonna bring a GC and Melee so there will be friendlies.

BigRiceMan

Smash Rookie
Heck TN has always been a great place for competition in Smash. I've had the most fun facing people down here in Melee.

NeonTigerX3

Smash Rookie
Ah, there's some kind of ride issue right now for my group, but if I make it, I'll need a partner. The four other people I'm going with are all partnering with one another I think ):

You don't mind a chick partner do ya? XD I don't suck too bad; My G&W hasn't done too bad on teams before, anyway.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Reflex is coming?! Well there went any chance in Hell I had of winning.

@ Patsie
I've been the host of VandyLAN's smash tournament for the past two semesters, and I assisted the semester before that. Personally, I would like it to be Melee this upcoming semester, but we'll likely do whatever the most people prefer to play. We'll probably either vote, or have a Facebook poll, or something similar. Give me a ring next semester so we can get together and play. Me and my roomate are pretty much the two "aficionados" of smash at Vanderbilt, if I may be so bold. There's also several upcoming sophomores that played a lot as freshman: George Bofysil is part of that group, who played quite well at VandyLAN and managed to get second. In any case, there's a good (casual) smash scene on Vanderbilt's campus if you know who to ask. :D
Oh, good to know.

I actually never have that much of a problem finding games at Vandy, my podmates help me fuel my addiction. The only problem is, most of them aren't into really into competitive play. We play with neutral stages and items off, but I've gotta limit my character selection and playstyle (to some of them, shielding is cheap, GW is cheap, whatever I'm doing to win is cheap). It'd be cool to play with people interested in competitive play, so I'll send you a PM when I get back.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You don't mind a chick partner do ya? XD I don't suck too bad; My G&W hasn't done too bad on teams before, anyway.
If anything I'll probably be the one holding you back...I use G&W too but I could go with Lucas or Lucario. Bucket kills are always worth a laugh.

Top Bottom