• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kuger's Samus Tips

Mars-

Smash Champion
battlefield is a good samus map because the weird edge doesnt affect samus' recovery too much. its still possible to sweetspot the edge, whereas its much harder to sweetspot for other characters. basically, it ***** other characters' recoveries, where samus' is almost unaffected.

edit: im liking how this thread is turning out
The only thing I don't like about battle field is the sweetspot is weird and doesn't work everytime. Same thing with Poke Stadium. You hit it in the right spot, and it doesn't sweetspot.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
My grapple beam once went through the battlefield ledge... 0_o

Now, I got a question for you Hugs... Let's say I'm fighting Ganondorf, and he knocks me off the level. What is the safest way to get around some Eddie-style edgeguarding?

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
Well since the other topic has been closed I guess ill post this here . . .

What do you do against a Peach recovering from underneath? I try everything but the parasol cancels everything out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Now, I got a question for you Hugs... Let's say I'm fighting Ganondorf, and he knocks me off the level. What is the safest way to get around some Eddie-style edgeguarding?

I think I can answer this.

Ganondorf is probably the most suited person aside from sheik and her needles for edgeguarding Samus. His Uair is nasty. Really nasty. Samus is pretty tricky though and you can do some things that might work.

1. I would try to ride the wall and sweetspot the edge and be ready to tech when the ganon hits you...you know when the hit is coming so you should be able to tech.

2. If you try a second time and he is still hitting you then he has really good timing and this could go on for awhile. This is why you saved your grapple. Try F.A.G canceling the grapple. If you have your jump the jump close to the stage and immediatly airdodge up and grapple but do it close so that your grapple breaks off and then uair or sex kick immediatly. It should take him by suprise because it looks like you just grappled but you are suddenly attack him.

3. This is risky if the ganon wants to spike you. But if they try and reverse uair on the stage it will work. Try up B so that you do not ride the wall but go sort of away from it so that when the ganon uairs it won't hit you but you will warp to the stage anyways,.

Mars-

Smash Champion

'Stay low.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
maybe if you come from up stage, you can throw a homming missile and follow it fast falling...i really cant think of anything to comeback against ganon

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
The best advice i can give for recovering on ganon is to make 100% sure you save your 2nd jump at almost any cost. It is your best weapon to counter any attack he may throw at you with a jump to uair/nair. If you save it, you can also fast fall to avoid any attacks he may be doing up high and jump from the lower portion of the stage.

And make sure you avoid bomb jumping.

Also, avoid grappling when he is in range for a hit.

Basic stuff mostly.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman

My grapple beam went through it too a few days ago, but it wasn't on the ledge, it was on the thing surrounding the glowy circle thing.

If you can airdodge ganons attack, and then immediately grapple the ledge after, that can work, but be quick to push a after the grapple hits. Up B into the side of Ganon at an odd time if you can. It seems very situational... you will need mindgames.

And HugS, wouldn't you only need to avoid bomb jumping close the stage? Just use a bomb to stop the momentum of flying back instead of the jump, get closer to the stage with bombs, then stop? If ganon thinks you dont have a jump, and edgeguards early, then use the jump, and hit him back, or just dodge it and get closer to the stage. If your only option is the screw ball then it would be best sweet spotted from as far away from the ledge as possible, so that way you will be far from ganons hit box, and the get the invincibility frame from grabbing the ledge. If you have more heighth then you could just up b early and hit him with it possibly. I think its best to keep your options open, just eliminate the ways your sure to get hit.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
On ganon if you have no second jump or grapple leaving you with your upB then I would try to sweetspot with out riding up the wall to get that little magnet to the edge thing, just to stay as far away from a reverse uair or something. Or if he goes off the stage then do it early and hope you sont trade hits.

Ganon can easily screw you over really badly if you bomb jump or grapple anywhere near the stage. The only time I would bomb jump is in the bubble to hopefully get in a good posistion for and upB or a safe grapple. Good luck on dreamland though. Platform waveland uairs and edgehogs are tricky to get around.

Top Bottom