• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kraid for BRAWL!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Since Ridley is a popular option for Brawl, why in hell shouldn't Kraid? He's had similar size appearences as Ridley and Bowser, so no Size arguments. All Movesets are apreciated.

Here's something to read if you're bored..

Code:
[IMG][U]-[/U]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/kowkiller24/GIMP/RetroSSBB.png[/IMG]
for this
*Note: remove to underlined hyphen to get the code for the signature thingy*

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yea I noticed when I first saw him in Melee , but again it would be weird in size but cool at the same to see kraid playable, I can't think of any moveset, good comic btw...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
yea I noticed when I first saw him in Melee , but again it would be weird in size but cool at the same to see kraid playable, I can't think of any moveset, good comic btw...
Thanks, but I found it on Photobucket, so I can't get any credits.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The reason why Ridley is such a popular choice for Brawl, is because he's very significant to the Metroid series and is highly popular, and from what Sakurai has said he seems like a shoe-in.

Kraid... not so much. (From what I know.. I'm not a Metroid fan so I guess I can't really say for sure.)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The reason why Ridley is such a popular choice for Brawl, is because he's very significant to the Metroid series and is highly popular, and from what Sakurai has said he seems like a shoe-in.

Kraid... not so much. (From what I know.. I'm not a Metroid fan so I guess I can't really say for sure.)
If you're not a Metroid fan, what you're saying could possibly be biased. I don't care for biased opinions.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whoa whoa... That doesn't mean I don't like the series. I respect the series, I'm just not interested in the games. (I'm thinking of buying Metroid Prime 3, though)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa... That doesn't mean I'm a non-fan. I respect the series, I'm just not interested in the games. (I'm thinking of buying Metroid Prime 3, though)
Whatever. By the way, didn't Kraid lead RIdley or were they both lead by Mother Brain? Tha's what I remember after watching newgrounds videos.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Is this some way for you to make fun of the Ridley supporters? If anyone says he's too big, you'll just use the same argument we do won't you. Anyway, as cool as Kraid is, he's not nearly as important to Metroid as Ridley. That, and his whole character and the reason he's so menacing is because he is so big. Shrinking him down just wouldn't work for him.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
|-|332 t00 816 f0r 73h 6@/\/\3!!1110|\|3!1
Sorry, I don't speak Gibberish.

Is this some way for you to make fun of the Ridley supporters? If anyone says he's too big, you'll just use the same argument we do won't you. Anyway, as cool as Kraid is, he's not nearly as important to Metroid as Ridley. That, and his whole character and the reason he's so menacing is because he is so big. Shrinking him down just wouldn't work for him.
No no no, I believe Ridley would be an excellent choice for brawl. The controls probably will be hard though, bmcuh like Bowser for Melee. Same happened in your argument about Ridley. No wyou're contradicting yourself. Bowser fell downsized quite a few times, his diet is too hard to take I guess.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
No no no, I believe Ridley would be an excellent choice for brawl. The controls probably will be hard though, bmcuh like Bowser for Melee. Same happened in your argument about Ridley. No wyou're contradicting yourself. Bowser fell downsized quite a few times, his diet is too hard to take I guess.
No I'm not contradicting myself. Downsizing Kraid would be ridiculous. Would you want Godzilla downsized to five feet tall so he could fit in a fighting game? No, because his whole appeal comes from the fact that he's huge. Ridley on the other hand, is much smaller, and is popular because he looks cool and he is Samus' arch rival. Kraid is just a mini boss, and serves no real purpose other than to get in your way.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
No I'm not contradicting myself. Downsizing Kraid would be ridiculous. Would you want Godzilla downsized to five feet tall so he could fit in a fighting game? No, because his whole appeal comes from the fact that he's huge. Ridley on the other hand, is much smaller, and is popular because he looks cool and he is Samus' arch rival. Kraid is just a mini boss, and serves no real purpose other than to get in your way.
Kraid looks awesome IMO, and he's much like Bowser, really. His first appearence he's short, and the rest he's GodZilla. GodZilla has never had a short appearence, rendering him uncomparable.

@ Grim, make 'em if you can't find them in the first 2 pages of the search. I search 5 just incase.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There's a failure in your reasoning.

Kraid's Size is what makes Kraid... kraid. Unlike Ridley.

Krai is supossed to be the size of a mountain, not even Bowser has been so big, and Kraid would be so slow it wouldn't be funny.

Size isn't an issue for some characters, but it is an issue for mountain-like Monsters. Ridley has been the size of Samus, twice as big as samus and dragon sized, Kraid has been human sized and mountain sized, and mountain sized and mountain sized and mountain sized.

But he IS AT material.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I searched five pages and found nothing. I assumed the rest was garbage. I don't want a locked thread again, I never had one idea that was trashed and revived thanks to me not stumbling upon it. I wish that my Kraid and Ephraim forums will stay, IMO they're much better than the other ones.
Well there is an option to only search the title of the thread.

I think this might be an exception on how old and non popular that thread was. But its still a thing to look into.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
>_> Ridley isn't even big. Compare Kraid vs. Ridley in Super Metroid:

Dang it, we were so close to the big 6k, too...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
There's a failure in your reasoning.

Kraid's Size is what makes Kraid... kraid. Unlike Ridley.

Krai is supossed to be the size of a mountain, not even Bowser has been so big, and Kraid would be so slow it wouldn't be funny.

Size isn't an issue for some characters, but it is an issue for mountain-like Monsters. Ridley has been the size of Samus, twice as big as samus and dragon sized, Kraid has been human sized and mountain sized, and mountain sized and mountain sized and mountain sized.

But he IS AT material.
Then now you're contradicting yourself. You said that Ridley was humansized in Metroid, but that was it. You say NES bits can go past a certain point. That could obviously relate to Bowser. He's been huge in every game except for the NES one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To counter the 'Size is never an argument in Smash' issue; Brinstar Depths clearly shows how Sakurai and his team think of Kraid; Huge.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thank you for actually being a fan of Kraid. Anyone got movesets?
Wh.. what? I thought it was clear I was trying to prove that Kraid is too big. I.. wouldn't really mind if he were a character.. He'd be interesting I guess.

It seems though, like you're saying 'If Ridley can get in, then why not Kraid?' but, Ridley and Kraid aren't very comparable. That's kind of like saying.. what's a good example... You remember Boom Boom from Super Mario Bros. 3? He was that Koopa-like boss that ran back and forth flailing his arms around. It's like saying if Bowser could get in then why not Boom Boom? Sure, they're both bosses, but Bowser is much more important to the series.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@biggie:

No... you see, even as a dragon, ridley is still waaaay smaller than Kraid.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Wh.. what? I thought it was clear I was trying to prove that Kraid is too big. I.. wouldn't really mind if he were a character.. He'd be interesting I guess.

It seems though, like you're saying 'If Ridley can get in, then why not Kraid?' but, Ridley and Kraid aren't very comparable. That's kind of like saying.. what's a good example... You remember Boom Boom from Super Mario Bros. 3? He was that Koopa-like boss that ran back and forth flailing his arms around. It's like saying if Bowser could get in then why not Boom Boom? Sure, they're both bosses, but Bowser is much more important to the series.
Boom Boom is technically in, he was in adventure mode in SSBB. We'll probably still use both of his species' shell. Maybe a blue one to aim for a specific target. Just a thought.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Boom Boom is technically in, he was in adventure mode in SSBB. We'll probably still use both of his species' shell. Maybe a blue one to aim for a specific target. Just a thought.
I'm assuming you meant SSBM.

And no, he was not in adventure mode. He wasn't even a trophy. Are you mistaking him as a Koopa Troopa or Paratroopa?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He is technically one. Didn;t you say he was a big one? That's the same thing.
...Have you played Super Mario Bros. 3?

I said that he was Koopa-like. He's not a koopa troopa or paratroopa. I should say though, he is a Koopa. I've just realized that 'Koopa' is more like a group of creatures. Bowser and his many children being one kind, Boom Boom being another, and Koopa Troopas and Paratroopas are others...

...But yeah, Kraid not for Brawl. Atleast not playable.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Kraid!! he has the most beautiful lair music i have ever heard in the Metroid series....^o^

but i support Ridley, he is more significant and popular in the series.
He has nice Lair music, but when in hell has this been a Ridley or Kraid topic?

Top Bottom