• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kpop Discussion~♡

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
lmao tao's solo comeback

also not sure if anyone is into gfriend here, but i freaking love their new MV/mini-album

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yep yep, supposedly I do stuff for the forums or something!

Taeyeon is amazing but Sunny's aegyo has my heart ^o^

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I like the usage of taeyeon a lot more, lol.

Don't want to derail the thread too much, but Senator is the rank right below admin, we deal with forum support.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lionheart was a really fun video. Very simple story, but still really charming. The way the girls acted in Chapter 3 was really funny and cute, too. A unique dance too, pretty typical from S.M. to throw us something new. Too bad Hyoyeon had to totally hide in the back alone during Seohyun's part, but that's what happens when your group has an even number now. But if anyone were to not mind, I know it would be her~

Sunny is sooo cool in You Think <333 That's pretty much a summary of my thoughts on that song!

Yoona finally went blonde this summer and changed her hair back to a brown color for these videos. I guess she didn't like it enough, kk. Her and Yuri were really pretty in both videos

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm a kpop fan as well. I love SNSD, 2NE1, 4minute, BoA, Red Velvet etc. (+their Japanese albums)

I am Absolutely in love with the song Wait a Minute by Girls Generation (I don't know why I love it so much, but whenever it plays on my phone, my heart sings)

But anyway, not gonna give my whole kpop backstory or dig up old relics like RunDevilRun and I Am the Best, or talk about my Love for Girls Generation's Sunny, I'll keep this convo current:

So............

I really like the Devil and Lion Heart Albums.

My top 5 tracks on Devil - Devil, Simply Beautiful, Don't Wake Me Up, Good Love, Love at First Sight

My top 5 tracks on Lion Heart - Party, Bump It, Lion Heart, You Think, Green Light

Some Quick Thoughts:

In the SNSD song Green Light, do they say "I'm Coming or "I'm *******, any of them make sense with the rest of the lyrics of the song.

SNSD needs to perform Bump It somewhere! That would be sooo....................... :awesome: Daebak!!!

The Super Junior song Rock'n Shine is very interesting. It's amazing musically speaking, but what in the world are they talking about? "Rock the World with the Power, Build a music/magic tower" I don't get it. :urg:

I really like the song Married to the Music by ShiNee. Thank God for the Performance video! Cuz the Music Video (as well done as it is) is too weird for me.

Last edited:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Can we please talk about Dumb Dumb by Red Velvet! :awesome:

I love It! So Interesting in the right way! The adlibs are frikkin awesome!

Baby baby baby babe! Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb! Ha-ha-ha! So hot.

and the video is so sweet! but lol @ those half pants stuff :joyful:

What did you guys think?

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Yay! I can't wait for your Dumb Dumb review Tery! :) I really like your reviews and the insights that I can get from them :p

So whether you hate the song/video or love it, I'm pretty excited to to see what you have to say.

Anyway, Just some quick thoughts on Red Velvet's 'The Red' Album.

First of all, Love It! :D

I think they've found their sound now, IMO these songs both match with and do a lot with their voices.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnss! The ad-libs on these tracks are sooo good! I wonder how much were planned beforehand or came on the spot. Either way, they're gorgeous! :)

My Top 5 Tracks on the album (in alphabetical order): Cool World, Don't You Wait No More, Dumb Dumb, Huff n Puff, Red Dress.

Things I didn't like:

In Dumb Dumb, the short part in the bridge where everything changes (you know what I'm talking about), I wish the transition into that part was a bit smoother, like if they had left one of the horns playing a note or two in that part. But I love the transition back into the chorus.

In Huff n Puff, the short part after the bridge in the minor key. That didn't work very well for me, it sounded like they wanted to just do something different and didn't put much thought into it. IMO a better thing to do to change things up a little, would have been to just modulate (go up a key) That would have given the already powerful song an even greater boost.

I just realized that I haven't heard any modulations (moving up in key) in any of the more recent k-pop songs. I think the last ones I heard that had modulations were Mr. Mr. and Wait a Minute by SNSD, all the way back in 2012

Anyway, that's all for now.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
This thread is the only reason I even have a Smashboards bookmark lol.

[Review] DAY6 - Congratulations
[Review] iKON - My Type

Anybody watching any good shows? I've started "The Genius" and am rapidly making my way to the end of the first season, and been watching the new season of "Unpretty Rapstar," too.
Where do you watch shows? Do you watch them with subtitles? I really want to find the idol olympics with subs...

thoughts any1?
I liked that song. And I don't know anything about dancing, but their dance seemed really on point lol. That girl speaking in the middle of the song was kinda awkward though.

And what about Ailee's new releases? I feel like she's overusing the "we broke up and I'm going to take my revenge" concept... "Why are people like this" is probably my favorite song of her album.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah it's also where I go, but I didn't know if there was another place that might have shows absent from KShow.

So I'm in Seoul for a month right now :shades:. I would have liked to find some k-pop dance lessons, but since I know neither korean nor any dance at all, I'm too shy to try to find one and embarrass myself.

Top Bottom