• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kpop Discussion~♡

Engel

Smash Journeyman
snsd were amazing on inki tonight... though they're all like dead tired/sick ;_;

the more I hear epik high's run the more I like it =)

oh and t-ara winning tonight was also pretty awesome

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Yeah, you know it.

I'm glad they won. They've been working so hard with promoting and what not. WITH NO BREAK WTF.

They look so beautiful and sexy during their performance. Their outfits are so <3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHLcEU_HnLY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHLcEU_HnLY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385"></embed></object>

lolololol. So much for being dark and sexy XD

Oh well, i'm cool with cute as well <3 XD

Miharu

Smash Hero
huh that wasn't as bad as i expected it to be

i actually liked the song somewhat, except the mass "echo" towards the end started to get ****ing annoying, then song ended

better than gee or oh tho

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
whoa maiko, you finally posted in this thread ^o^

Miharu, you're really weird.

Miharu

Smash Hero
ya i'm used to hearing that LOL

actually i'd probably gee/oh only slightly slightly less than this if they lyrics weren't so ****ing trashy

it just seems that there's so little thought put into them -_-

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hahaha Will. <3

After listening to that song, i'm kinda hooked. It's pretty cute.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Yeah you're right. It wouldn't be right for me to truce with a dude sitting alone in the corner listening to songs that no one's ever heard of because they pale in comparison to the awesome mainstream things.

Miharu

Smash Hero
sounds like argumentum ad populum

like they still suck, doesn't matter how many people like/dislike them if they're objectively terrible

and by this i mean music that is terribly shallow and involves looping the same 2-3 sequences over and over again

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Terribly shallow. That's also what you're being by searching only for the songs with deeper meanings and just shoving aside context that bares no depth to them. Maybe they were only meant to be catchy to get people to get into their other stuff. But you'll never know since you ignorantly shove them aside once you claim that they have no depth and thus put the title "terribly shallow" or "sucky music".

Look at the entire picture. There are people who will listen to a song just for the sole reason of them being catchy. I don't speak Korean, nor do I understand the language. But how do you think I got into kpop?

In the end, without the so called "terribly shallow" music, I'm pretty sure that almost all of the non-Korean kpop fans wouldn't be here. You can look for music with more depth once you're actually into the music.

Pretty much, one cannot exist without the other.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
epik high is the best

but snsd is still pretty good. Mainly because of taeyeon.

her hips

Miharu

Smash Hero
Terribly shallow. That's also what you're being by searching only for the songs with deeper meanings and just shoving aside context that bares no depth to them. Maybe they were only meant to be catchy to get people to get into their other stuff. But you'll never know since you ignorantly shove them aside once you claim that they have no depth and thus put the title "terribly shallow" or "sucky music".
really now

i listen to every single song before i even bother commenting on it, so don't give me that ****

honestly, bad music is bad music, i really couldn't give half a dam n about their reasons behind promoting such music, but that still doesn't absolve it of its inherent ****tiness...

Look at the entire picture. There are people who will listen to a song just for the sole reason of them being catchy. I don't speak Korean, nor do I understand the language. But how do you think I got into kpop?
really don't have any issue with that; its just the classic case of people saying A > B solely due to A's popularity

In the end, without the so called "terribly shallow" music, I'm pretty sure that almost all of the non-Korean kpop fans wouldn't be here. You can look for music with more depth once you're actually into the music.
who cares? i don't, since i (luckily) was introduced to korean music by someone who lived in korea until he was 10

Pretty much, one cannot exist without the other.
not really

but honestly i understand how most people are drawn in by the catchiness of SNSD's stuff and how they're aesthetically pleasing to look at, but bottom line the mainstream pop isn't on the same level as the music from even 5 years ago (this can be applied to music most places these days, sadly)

anyways this is probably a nice wakeup call for me to go actually dl more old korean stuff to listen to

and if anyone's going to bring up the point of "if i[SNSD] is so 'bad' why do so many people like them?", my response to that is that people are a bunch of dumb ignorant sheep

Get@Will

Smash Champion
You're treading on very thin ice right now. You can think that a song has really good depth, yet the person next to you could think you're as dumb as a ****ing rock for thinking that. You have an opinion. That's good to know. But it's an opinion. Don't just come out and state that this music is ****. It may not have any meaning to you, but to another person, it could mean to world to them.

You do realize, you're insulting lots of people right now by your last statement. Probably everyone in this thread besides you of course.

Yeah, Epik High is good. They really don't need those dancers when they're performing live though. Their stage presence and charisma is already enough.

Miharu

Smash Hero
dunno there's a cutoff line somewhere between good and bad

(insert numerous qualifiers here)

and i'm not just coming out and saying it with no reasoning behind it, i'll venture to say that i've actually put in a good amount of thought into this topic and that's how i reached say conclusion. how about you go actually look up the translations for gee and oh and come back to me

shallow **** is shallow, no matter how you ****ing paint it

like its not clear cut black and white, but after a certain point the differences between mainstream poppy **** and stuff like epik high are very obvious and real

and stop giving me "its only an opinion"; if this were the case, how do people actually judge and give out awards for GOOD music?

Miharu

Smash Hero
huh if you wish

"ya might want to stop hiding behind that joke of an argument" or something like that

my memory is starting to deteriorate sigh

Top Bottom