• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown takes a beating ADDED VIDS!! CRITIQUE

kown

Smash Lord
haha yea these were friendlies..and yes i did beat ozz in tournament play...i was mainly experimenting with an approach..no johns tho i got wrecked... I guess i should take my own advice haha...but it would be nice knowing that i wouldnt have to play super campy to win this match up... oh well.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
thats a really good pit kown but i think u should attact more u give him too many free space, thats how i fight againts falco. nair, utilt should be your most use attact your tactics focuse on fair and dair too much which give falco the upper hand

or it could be that the falco u fight is bitter than the i fight however i am going post some vids soon... you coul learn a thing or too lol

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Meh i mean you did take quite a beating xD. But really you did good without fulling understanding what to do. Tbh i doubt my results would be much different. I'd just try to look for a way to beat that player, not the character. *if that makes sense*

Btw I'ma do some experiments and see if i can find if Pit has anything like bucket breaking, including his WoI and MS.

kown

Smash Lord
they dont...ive already tried haha...AHH how can we make pit broken!?!?

the only way to beat a falco is to out spam him...meaning build his damage without caring about yours..and hope that you can kill him b4 he kills you!

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
the only way to beat a falco is to out spam him...
WRONG! you can out spam a character with s bitter ( faster) reflector than yours trust me i try it and i lost. just keep on attacking him, expriment because Pit is faster you of to find ways to keep him in your rythme force him to rely only on is grab

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
they dont...ive already tried haha...AHH how can we make pit broken!?!?

the only way to beat a falco is to out spam him...meaning build his damage without caring about yours..and hope that you can kill him b4 he kills you!
Have you tried anything with Angel Rings, Since WoI stop momentum I have this distinct feeling that there is something. And I'm going to find out what.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
hmm aight Kown ive watched a few of your matches now and ill start with the toon link ones..first off you look like your playing scared with that full jump air dodge stuff mostly..stick to your guns, but stay smart. secondly with the scaredness is your letting him maintain all the tempo because you tryin to lure him out in the air.. TL has Zair a no lag long range air attack so you might as well forget about getting him into a bad spot in the air.. now to falco.. i would rely less on the spot dodge against falcos.. he can easly punish spot dodges with a *** to make you spot dodge right into his grab.. i would say just walk away and deal with the lasers. second i thin you only did it once but i wouldnt run right up to him into a wing dash. its a recipe for punishment.once again after the first life you gave all the momentum to falco and you struggle to get back on top..you main issue IMO is you have trouble maintaining momentun :/

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
OMG I'm so mad.. i went to a tourney today and got 5th :/ I lost to Keitaro, who is really cool, than Spam, second best in Nj, second to m2k, Not really mad about the lost to spam. But keitaro a falco mainer, i could have won and i realized how hard it was to actually outspam him. lazer, Lazer, reflect is so hard to get around. And it wouldn't be good to sit there with a mirror shield or AR. I feel your pain Kown, i gotta get better at this match up. LOL but on the plus side i 2 stocked him the first match.

Also if ur wondering here is the rank
1.Blackwaltz (Olimar)
2.Spam (Metaknight)
3.AndyG (Olimar)
4.Keitaro (Falco)
5.Rogue Pit
5.ChiboSempai (ROB)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I also lost to a Falco named Nyjin on the AIB ladder, and I couldnt approach with the lasers either. That D-throw to spike to D-throw to another spike to yet another D-throw then SH N-air hurts and i hate that DAC. CPing Lylat was a bad idea.

kown

Smash Lord
yea but the fact stands....as a whole we need to find an approach/strategy to beating falcos...pit back room unite!!!

kown

Smash Lord
choatic i didnt see your post my bad....haha this wasnt really the right thread to put it in but wtvr its kool...Your right im bad at keep momentum...but im also not sure how to maintain it either.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Lazer Lazer Reflect, seems really hard to time to stop....?
I kept stopping him with an arrow upward, luckily pit is short enough not to get hit with a lazer at his max SH lazer level....?
Anywayz i guess we'll have to time an arrow to stop his momentum. And Arrow him offstage like a gay. Basically DO NOT for a second allow him any room to recover. That match was really gay.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Truely... I don't know how to fight falco. I can't really outcamp him, he beats Pit up close and while people say that falco has troubles killing, the ones that I fight transition into kill moves quite well. Indeed, we need to figure this matchup out.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lazer Lazer Reflect, seems really hard to time to stop....?
I kept stopping him with an arrow upward, luckily pit is short enough not to get hit with a lazer at his max SH lazer level....?
Anywayz i guess we'll have to time an arrow to stop his momentum. And Arrow him offstage like a gay. Basically DO NOT for a second allow him any room to recover. That match was really gay.
throw up your mirror and let him cone to you.dont camp back and then hell prolly run up *** into a grabso when hes approaching, jump, dair, if you hit him with the dair combo him in the air, if you hit his sheild winglunge into fair

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
choatic i didnt see your post my bad....haha this wasnt really the right thread to put it in but wtvr its kool...Your right im bad at keep momentum...but im also not sure how to maintain it either.
well theres a difference in predicting your opponenet and just letting him make all the decisions..just be a little more arrertive..dont fight passively all the time..stay unpredictable

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
wait so we have a back room?
Shhh
btw chaotic its not as simple as you make it out to be. Its not find another way to approach, its you just dont aproach.
It has to be perfectly timed arrows to mess up his timing. But thats so easier said than done.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
well if this so-called back room comes up with an effective way to fight falco, i hope they fill in the rest of teh angels on the discovery because i tend to have a hard tim with this matchup too. Laser laser laser, Reflector, SH-Bair, Dair, Dsmash and not to mention that STUPID chaingrab that i didnt know he had until a couple months ago. falco is certainly tough to beat! even his jab is annoying.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
well if this so-called back room comes up with an effective way to fight falco, i hope they fill in the rest of teh angels on the discovery because i tend to have a hard tim with this matchup too. Laser laser laser, Reflector, SH-Bair, Dair, Dsmash and not to mention that STUPID chaingrab that i didnt know he had until a couple months ago. falco is certainly tough to beat! even his jab is annoying.
I think the match up is annoying, but not unbearable... You beat his lazers with angel ring or miirror, wait for him to run at you, and the rest goes to the imagination.

Top Bottom