• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Given that there are at least 4 separate designs for KOS-MOS, which ones do you think the Sakurai design team would prioritize? I mean, T-elos only has Xenosaga 3 and Xenoblade 2 designs to work with, so it would be less of a hassle with her if she's included as an alt character alt
If they want to implicitly confirm her status as a Xenosaga representative first and foremost, they would likely take the Ver.4 model and give it the appropriate modifications to make it fit within the game's general audience margin. Really, none of her iconic appearances need all that much censoring to begin with. There's already been discussions on how D-TENERITAS could work in her move-set, but the design aspect is already the bare minimum in terms of what we can keep and what should be covered.

Personally, her Re: design is incredible. It's a nice fresh take on an old idea made new, while still being very familiar. The red neon lines make for an excellent contrast to the rest of her pristine white and black design, coupled with her translucent, almost astral locks of hair. Her original Episode I model will always be iconic, but Re: pulls the "remix" aspect with a lot of grace. It's certainly worth keeping as an alternate outfit all on its own.

That being said, it has its own restrictions in that she only ever demonstrates a handful of abilities and artillery that she would normally be in possession of in her home games, and this is excluding borrowed skills like Shion's Lunar Blade and Jr.'s Storm Waltz. Implementing missing skills such as the R series of tech attacks, Valkyrie, and the aforementioned D-TENERITAS would have to be reworked entirely by using the stylizations of her Xenoblade appearance.

Unless Monolith and Namco have references for what those skills could look like Re:imagined, I can't see it being her default since it would restrict what she's expected to be able to do from her older games. Not that a lot of Smash fans or newbies would know, but then why hold back on her capabilities through a design that only shows a fraction of her arsenal when her insane move-set potential is part of what sells her as a fighter choice to begin with?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There are just 8 pages left before 100. Can we reach it by the end of January?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
There are just 8 pages left before 100. Can we reach it by the end of January?
Quality over quantity. The only reason we post here at all is whenever something substantial or newsworthy comes up. The newcomers facilitate reactions from us, a periphery group, and Sephiroth is the latest example. Forcing posts won't get us anywhere, so we're better off discussing new things with time. Besides, getting to 100 is not much of an achievement considering what a ****show this year has been.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Quality over quantity. The only reason we post here at all is whenever something substantial or newsworthy comes up. The newcomers facilitate reactions from us, a periphery group, and Sephiroth is the latest example. Forcing posts won't get us anywhere, so we're better off discussing new things with time. Besides, getting to 100 is not much of an achievement considering what a ****show this year has been.
Well, I meant it only as a positive thing and not just a forcing posts kinda deal.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to the new official post-Geno speculation thread, but a couple of 4/5chan leaks that called Sephiroth (and in some cases even Min Min and Steve.) have resurfaced. To my knowledge, there are now 5 leaks that might be real and I'll list them below.

1.) The 5chan leak that called Sephiroth and says Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS and no promoted mii costumes. (posted after Steve presentation.)
2.) A 4chan leak that managed to predict Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth and says Rayman, Hayabusa, and Doomslayer. (Posted on May 11th.)
3.) Another 4chan leak that claims Chun li was considered for the base game but was replaced for Ken and says Lloyd/Yuri was planned but scrapped but they may return as DLC. It said the same thing about Sephiroth being planned but replaced for Erdrick in the first pass. And now Sephiroth was just confirmed. (this one is known as the "Chun leak" (brilliant name LOL.))

There are also 2 other 4chan leaks that surfaced during around October. (which PapaGenos has covered.)

1.) The league of legends leak with Ahri and a Hollow knight Mii costume alongside it.
2.) and that Falcom leak that got a bunch of trails of cold steel information for switch correct and says Rean for smash.

Speculation is getting hot again.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to the new official speculation thread, but a couple of 4chan leaks that called Sephiroth (and in some cases even Min Min and Steve.) have resurfaced. To my knowledge, there are now 5 leaks that might be real and I'll list them below.

1.) The 5chan leak that called Sephiroth and says Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS and no promoted mii costumes. (posted after Steve presentation.)
2.) A 4chan leak that managed to predict Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth and says Rayman, Hayabusa, and Doomslayer. (Posted on May 11th.)
3.) Another 4chan leak that claims Chun li was considered for the base game but was replaced for Ken and says Lloyd/Yuri was planned but scrapped but they may return as DLC. It said the same thing about Sephiroth being planned but replaced for Erdrick in the first pass. And now Sephiroth was just confirmed. (this one is known as the "Chun leak" (brilliant name LOL.))
4.) The league of legends leak with ahri and a Hollow knight Mii costume alongside it.
5.) and that Falcom leak that got a bunch of trails of cold steel information for switch correct and says Rean for smash.

The League one didn't necessarily say the Hollow Knight costume would come with the LoL character, just that it's planned. It also predicted the ToM spirit event which happened.

Plus Doom Slayer got possibly THE hardest deconfirm in an interview earlier this year, so leak #2 is probably a lucky guess

Leak 1 has Crash going for it; Crash has been highly rumored since the start of the year. I think one rumor in the past may have said KOS-MOS and Reimu too, and there's a big ass "doujin leak" in Reimu's favor that I can post the tl;dr powerpoint of here

Falcom leak I'm doubting due to several inconsistencies. League seems solid esp since it also said some LoL-universe games would be coming to consoles. If we get a Pass 3 & Leak 1 is true: if Reimu's wave has a Hollow Knight costume then League is pretty much set for pass 3

i just feel like theres some timing stuff involved

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I guess now I'll put out my thoughts for each leak starting with our 5chan leak. In my opinion, there are 3 things going against the leak (not Including the possibility that it's fake and another leak was actually correct instead.)

1.) Crash is a very safe pick for DLC and does nothing to solidify this leak as being real . It needs Reimu or KOS-MOS to be taken seriously.
2.) Reimu is very big in Japan yes but we need to keep in mind that this is from 5chan (The japanese 4chan.) who's to say Reimu isn't just a popular wishlist character among the japanese fanbase/perpetuated by the japanese leaker?
3. We're still missing the Monster Hunter mii costumes. By our logic, a capcom character should be announced along with the Hunter costumes. Also worth noting that the next character is likely going to be announced around March (right around Monster Hunter Rise.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
for those curious about the Reimu stuff, here u go

I guess now I'll put out my thoughts for each leak starting with our 5chan leak. In my opinion, there are 3 things going against the leak (not Including the possibility that it's fake and another leak was actually correct instead.)

1.) Crash is a very safe pick for DLC and does nothing to solidify this leak as being real . It needs Reimu or KOS-MOS to be taken seriously.

2.) Reimu is very big in Japan yes but we need to keep in mind that this is from 5chan (The japanese 4chan.) who's to say Reimu isn't just a wishlist character perpetuated by the japanese leaker?

3. We're still missing the Monster Hunter mii costumes. By our logic, a capcom character should be announced along with the Hunter costumes. Also worth noting that the next character is likely going to be announced around March (right around Monster Hunter Rise's release.)

we're also missing the Lloyd costume, but if the KOS-MOS path is true his costume may come with her. Sephiroth came with Geno's costume and both have one thing in common: Square RPGs. KOS-MOS & Lloyd have Namco RPGs in common

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

2.) Reimu is very big in Japan yes but we need to keep in mind that this is from 5chan (The japanese 4chan.) who's to say Reimu isn't just a wishlist character perpetuated by the japanese leaker?
3. We're still missing the Monster Hunter mii costumes. By our logic, a capcom character should be announced along with the Hunter costumes. Also worth noting that the next character is likely going to be announced around March (right around Monster Hunter Rise's release.)
I honestly cant say for sure a capcom rep is garunteed. I mean namco got reps accross different passes. So i think capcoms monster hunter could just pop in one day

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
As for the Rayman/Hayabusa/doomslayer leak, (which I will now refer to as the western leak from here on out.)

1.) Something about the Marty Stratton Interview feels VERY cut and dry regarding doomslayer. TL;DR the interview went something like "We've talked with Nintendo about Smash before, but they never approached us for doomguy. We have a good relation with them, but it hasn't taken off regarding doom and smash."
2.) Why would Rayman be released as DLC without the Rabbids mii costumes? same thing applies for Doomslayer not coming with the Vault boy Deluxe costume.
keep in mind the fighters pass 2 was in development before Bethesda was bought out by Microsoft, so Doom and Fallout would've still counted as Bethesda IP's
3.) Hayabusa sounds like this leak is piggybacking off of Verge's comment regarding Koei Tecmo and Nintendo.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
While KOS-MOS does have promise, we can't discount Lloyd Irving and the 25th anniversary of the Tales franchise. Both would still be welcome additions

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As for the Rayman/Hayabusa/doomslayer leak, (which I will now refer to as the western leak from here on out.)

1.) Something about the Marty Stratton Interview feel VERY cut and dry regarding doomslayer. TL;DR the interview went something like "We've talked with Nintendo about Smash before, but they never approached us for doomguy. We have a good relation with them, but it hasn't taken off regarding doom and smash."
2.) Why would Rayman be released as DLC without the Rabbids mii costumes? same thing applies for Doomslayer not coming with the Vault boy Deluxe costume.
3.) Hayabusa sounds like this leak is piggybacking off of Verge's comment regarding Koei Tecmo and Nintendo.
so that would make leak #2 either a lucky guess, or Rayman, Doomguy and Hayabusa were bait

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
And then there's the Chun leak. Honestly, I don't have much to say on this one other than Chun li deserves to be in the game even though Capcom has a bunch of other Unrepresented franchises that should also be in smash. And it's not like the current street fighter representation is lacking either. 2 fighters including arguably the best designed Echo, 36 music tracks, a ton of spirits, and a stage. It's not Like Final Fantasy where the representation was laughable prior to Sephiroth. It's also worth noting that both Street Fighter and Final Fantasy primarily focus on the most important game from their series (SF2 and FF7.)

Regarding Lloyd/Yuri, I don't believe this one. Tales is important yes, and It's anniversary was postponed to 2021, but I don't see Lloyd's costume being upgraded to a proper DLC character along with Yuri. If anything, It should be Velvet/Yuri coming with Lloyd's costume. This one sounds fake to me personally,

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And then there's the Chun leak. Honestly, I don't have much to say on this one other than Chun li deserves to be in the game even though Capcom has a bunch of other Unrepresented franchises that should also be in smash. And it's not like the current street fighter representation is lacking either. 2 fighters including arguably the best designed Echo, 36 music tracks, a ton of spirits, and a stage. It's not Like Final Fantasy where the representation was laughable prior to Sephiroth. It's also worth noting that both Street Fighter and Final Fantasy primarily focus on the most important game from their series (SF2 and FF7.)

Regarding Lloyd/Yuri, I don't believe this one. Tales is important yes, and It's anniversary was postponed to 2021, but I don't see Lloyd's costume being upgraded to a proper DLC character along with Yuri. If anything, It should be Velvet/Yuri coming with Lloyd's costume. This one sounds fake to me personally,
if im not mistaken Tales has huge ass in person conventions. they just couldn't do it this year due to COVID, hence the delay

and Chun's pretty much the Decidueye to Ken's Incineroar so I guess I can close the book on that aspect

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to the new official speculation thread, but a couple of 4chan leaks that called Sephiroth (and in some cases even Min Min and Steve.) have resurfaced. To my knowledge, there are now 5 leaks that might be real and I'll list them below.

There are also 2 other 4chan leaks that surfaced during around October. (which PapaGenos has covered.)

1.) The league of legends leak with Ahri and a Hollow knight Mii costume alongside it.
2.) and that Falcom leak that got a bunch of trails of cold steel information for switch correct and says Rean for smash.

I've been reading it quite a bit and even on era.

I've come to the conclusion that the 5chan one is the only one with any basis because Geno got mii'd again and the fact that it called Sephiroth right after Steve's presentation. Of course, that's not much and it very well may be bunk even though our lady is on it.

My reasoning for this is that the Min min, Steve, Sephiroth, Rayman, Hayabusa, Doomslayer one is fake because it was posted in a wishlist thread. If i'm not mistaken that "leak" also has "and Ninjara" which means it is automatically fake because while Sakurai did consider Ninjara at first there was no indication that both were fighters right? The chun li, Lloyd, Yuri one is 100% fake. NOBODY KNOWS Sakurai's decision process and it's a automatically red flag that this leak was posted like only days after speculation began. It also claims Geno was not in because his fans want him in smash and not a new game. By definition this leak is fake because people that request characters more than likely want a new game for said character. As for the rean for smash one it's just like Dante back in the day so I wont pay it any mind.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I've come to the conclusion that the 5chan one is the only one with any basis because Geno got mii'd again and the fact that it called Sephiroth right after Steve's presentation. Of course, that's not much and it very well may be bunk even though our lady is on it.

My reasoning for this is that the Min min, Steve, Sephiroth, Rayman, Hayabusa, Doomslayer one is fake because it was posted in a wishlist thread. If i'm not mistaken that "leak" also has "and Ninjara" which means it is automatically fake because while Sakurai did consider Ninjara at first there was no indication that both were fighters right? The chun li, Lloyd, Yuri one is 100% fake. NOBODY KNOWS Sakurai's decision process and it's a automatically red flag that this leak was posted like only days after speculation began. It also claims Geno was not in because his fans want him in smash and not a new game. By definition this leak is fake because people that request characters more than likely want a new game for said character. As for the rean for smash one it's just like Dante back in the day so I wont pay it any mind.
the Rean/Falcom leak also gives Ryza vibes, and we all know how that turned out

if I had to pick two to believe it's Sephiroth/KOS-MOS/Reimu/Crash segueing into Pass 3 wherein League of Legends comes true (the HK costume would come with Reimu seeing as how they're both indies)

honestly? a good timeline

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice

Ah right. I forgot to bring up Ninjara with Min Min. That one does sound fishy now that I think about it. And I wasn't even aware that the western leak was originally part of a wishlist thread from 4chan.

Now as for what this means for the 5chan leak, I think it's fake until more evidence has piled up. To my knowledge, Both the 5-year Activision leak and the Doujin leak have yet to be proven wrong and for the purpose of not sounding like a broken record, everyone here knows why KOS-MOS makes sense in
smash.

also BTW It's not so much that Geno was given the mii costume treatment again. it's that his costume was not promoted to deluxe status, which is what the 5chan leak specified.

or all of the leaks are fake but we still get KOS-MOS :)

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice

I would be so excited for Chun-Li, if in the event KOS-MOS doesnt show she'd definitely be my happy choice/

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Also, it's weird that KOS-MOS must be a hot topic for leaks ever since TGA.
Hell... even before because she was mentioned in the grinch leak.
Here's to hoping these werent just people bull****ting for 2 years and she actually shows up.

"Hmmm how can i make this fake leak more convincing, AHA! Add KOS-MOS"
just doesnt sound right to me lmao.

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Also, it's weird that KOS-MOS must be a hot topic for leaks ever since TGA.
Hell... even before because she was mentioned in the grinch leak.
Here's to hoping these werent just people bull****ting for 2 years and she actually shows up.

"Hmmm how can i make this fake leak more convincing, AHA! Add KOS-MOS"
just doesnt sound right to me lmao.
I vividly remember when some eagle-eyed spectators thought they saw KOS-MOS in the sky. Those people made me happy just KNOWING KOS-MOS was acknowledged in speculation even before TGA's2019/challenger pack #5 shenanigans way back in the ending of 2019/beginning of 2020.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
like honestly the KOS-MOS/Crash/Reimu and League of Legends rumors are short, to the point, give reliable killswitches (so far both have survived) and don't try to take potshots at other fanbases, so if there are two leaks im confident in its those two

AugustusB

Smash Champion
like honestly the KOS-MOS/Crash/Reimu and League of Legends rumors are short, to the point, give reliable killswitches (so far both have survived) and don't try to take potshots at other fanbases, so if there are two leaks im confident in its those two
This is honestly where my mind is now as well. Too much information on a leak should be an immediate red flag.

Also, just for fun, I was going over the VO speculation and piecing together potential characters this could coincide with.

First, obviously, is our girl KOS-MOS with a T-elos alt.
Second is Nightmare and Siegfried from Soul Calibur.
Third is Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth

These are the fighters I could honestly see being together for two different voice lines. If there are others, I would like to here it :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is honestly where my mind is now as well. Too much information on a leak should be an immediate red flag.

Also, just for fun, I was going over the VO speculation and piecing together potential characters this could coincide with.

First, obviously, is our girl KOS-MOS with a T-elos alt.
Second is Nightmare and Siegfried from Soul Calibur.
Third is Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth

These are the fighters I could honestly see being together for two different voice lines. If there are others, I would like to here it :)
Crash with Coco too? Reimu with a similar 2hu (Sanae? she's closer to Reimu than Marisa is, but given that someone said Reimu has different abilities than other 2hus I have doubts)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
she wouldn't have a different voice/lines tho, that's what this theory accounts for
Ahh okay, so that's what you're going by. I guess that would heavily depend, because she isn't really voiced at all (aside from fan made stuff). Even if she had one, it's totally possible to give her classic outfit its own voice. Take Ike for example.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ahh okay, so that's what you're going by. I guess that would heavily depend, because she isn't really voiced at all (aside from fan made stuff). Even if she had one, it's totally possible to give her classic outfit its own voice. Take Ike for example.
oh also, if LoL rumor is true and the rep is Ahri, her potential K/DA and/or Star Guardian alts could have different lines (even though same VO)

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I guess something to think about while we wait on more information to speculate about is that Sakurai and his team are back to the studio again. One big reason to doubt the 5 leaks I mentioned above is how the heck does anyone know the last 3 characters? leaking one character is already very dubious but 3? sounds like too much. I figured leaking characters would be more difficult thanks to the smash team having to temporarily switch gears with the pandemic going on. You guys think leaking characters is more likely in a studio setting or did someone on the dev team leak information (which I heavily doubt.) and now that I think about it, Sakurai didn't specify when he recorded the Sephiroth presentation did he? IIRC the Steve presentation was recorded back in August.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Well I’m not sure what it means for us but I think we now know fighter pass1 character #5 was probably moved. Imran is a trusted source and he says Byleth was originally in the base game before three houses was delayed. Doesn’t this explain that crazy last year where everyone couldn’t guess Byleth? I dunno but now I’m under the impression that the former fighter #5 was moved to pass #2 and it just makes so much sense now. What do you guys think about this?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well I’m not sure what it means for us but I think we now know fighter pass1 character #5 was probably moved. Imran is a trusted source and he says Byleth was originally in the base game before three houses was delayed. Doesn’t this explain that crazy last year where everyone couldn’t guess Byleth? I dunno but now I’m under the impression that the former fighter #5 was moved to pass #2 and it just makes so much sense now. What do you guys think about this?

didnt he also shoot down monster hunter? that that supposedly fell thru? and byleth pretty much borrowed monhun's weapon switching?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
didnt he also shoot down monster hunter? that that supposedly fell thru? and byleth pretty much borrowed monhun's weapon switching?
Wish I could find that, but I too remember him saying that about MonHun. Byleth being in the main roster makes an odd sort of sense.

ES. Dinah ES. Dinah who would have been the original fighter 5 of the first pass? I can't remember all the popular names that were going on back then. Vaguely remember KOS-MOS and Ryu Hyabusa.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wish I could find that, but I too remember him saying that about MonHun. Byleth being in the main roster makes an odd sort of sense.

ES. Dinah ES. Dinah who would have been the original fighter 5 of the first pass? I can't remember all the popular names that were going on back then. Vaguely remember KOS-MOS and Ryu Hyabusa.
Reimu was one of them too I think

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Did we ever discuss KOS-MOS potential Mii Costume wave?
im thinking Lloyd, Klonoa, Nightmare, Chosen Undead... Monokuma PreMiium brawler with a danganronpa remix and uhhh yeah that's it

Top Bottom