• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Copyright claim for visual?
If it wasnt an issue months ago why is it a problem now.
This is a litttle insane!!!!

D

Deleted member

Copyright claim for visual?
If it wasnt an issue months ago why is it a problem now.
This is a litttle insane!!!!
Had the Mallowdemon leak been taken down, that would've popped stuff off. But it stayed. Then this comes up and holy **** what is da meaning of dis

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Ok this is a BIG advancement but we can;t say shes in for sure.
but holy hell is this NOT SUSPICIOUS !!??
hype responsibility for the 100th time to myself

D

Deleted member

Ok this is a BIG advancement but we can;t say shes in for sure.
but holy hell is this NOT SUSPICIOUS !!??
hype responsibility for the 100th time to myself
Perhaps that Mario Kart Tour leak was just a cover-up.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
the only thing I'm hearing against this is that The Typical TGA Viewer Or The Mainstream Gamer probably would have little to no reaction to A Kos-Mos Smash Reveal

but hey that's the negative chatter on discord about this for ya

D

Deleted member

the only thing I'm hearing against this is that The Typical TGA Viewer Or The Mainstream Gamer probably would have little to no reaction to A Kos-Mos Smash Reveal

but hey that's the negative chatter on discord about this for ya
Then you have teh Reddit and Twitter writeups...

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Okay So Nintendo usually has auto-copyright claims all the time,
The fact that KOS-MOS is being talked about could've triggered it.
We know that Its not a leak...
and it is not saying shes FP5 either but the timing is questionable and the reason unjustifiable
Nintendo doesnt need to tell the truth in order to make a copyright claim it's a big company

nothing is 100% confirmed until that beautiful girl is on the big screen

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Alright, I figure it's time I address what I think is going on with the copyright takedown since I happen to be in the server where the modder took my commission and made it months back. I didn't want to say anything because I wanted folks here to get their well-earned rest, but I'm aware of different time zones, so pardon the discrepancies...

I would still advice caution here. I already spoke directly with him on what might be happening, and these are the things that come to mind:
  • The "visual claim" could just be the first of many modding videos.
  • The algorithm is confusing the visuals for something else entirely, explaining the oddball "Mario Kart Tour" claim.
  • I already checked for the removal of any Xenosaga themes – including any tied to Smash Bros. as conceptual themes – and none are taken down.
  • We had a similar video takedown months back with Megalovania. People joked about it for a while, but we did get Sans eventually... as a Mii outfit.
  • Some jackass could have reported the video to Nintendo to create the illusion of a Ninja takedown, but it ends up being a red herring as Nintendo never bothered examining the content closely enough. They probably saw "Mods? In OUR licensed products? Not on our watch!" and got rid of it.
And that about sums up this conundrum. It might be a hint to her being a Fighter. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but also consider these circumstances as well. For all we know, this is just an elaborate ruse, or Nintendo striking early at the weirdest time to hint at her eventual Mii costume in Fighter Pack 8 or something [eyeroll].

My work here is done. I should be asleep, but my dumb modder friend kept me up with this info. Baka baka baka. I'm sure he'll laugh it off if he reads this, lmao.

Last edited:

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
Don't know much about Xenosaga. What's the possibility that T-elos is included as a skin? I don't mean just a recolour, but something like Alph, the Koopalings, or the different iterations of the Hero.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Don't know much about Xenosaga. What's the possibility that T-elos is included as a skin? I don't mean just a recolour, but something like Alph, the Koopalings, or the different iterations of the Hero.
Oh hey there's someone I recognize from Era! Very possible imo if they use the T-ELOS Re version.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
If this means what people think it means, then damn, Nintendo really is the best leaker in the scene.

But, I'm not going to be jumping to the conclusion that it means that just yet. Could mean something, could mean YouTube's algorithm just got really f***y.
Who knows, maybe KOS-MOS really is just coming to Mario Kart Tour and nothing else. :4pacman:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Ideal scenario: Nintendo didn't want a KOS-MOS Smash mod video getting views when people mass-search for KOS-MOS on YouTube in ~30 hours, but someone executed the measure too early (or is just completely dumb) and we have another SNK copyright leak on our hands.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Been watching this ramp up over the past week or so, and I just came here in light of the takedown to say good luck, y'all. KOS-MOS isn't my first choice, but as far as I'm concerned, you could do a lot worse with a Namco rep.

D

Deleted member

Ideal scenario: Nintendo didn't want a KOS-MOS Smash mod video getting views when people mass-search for KOS-MOS on YouTube in ~30 hours, but someone executed the measure too early (or is just completely dumb) and we have another SNK copyright leak on our hands.
In short, they forced their hand again.

Please......I don't want to get my hopes up but pleease...
Same.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go to bed. I really hope she leaks by the time I wake up if the strike is real so I dont have to wait like a nervous wreck tonight.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It is definitely one hell of a coincidence if FP5 is not KOS-MOS that's for sure. Well, if things stay as they are before TGA starts, then I'm going to bet on KOS-MOS.

D

Deleted member

It is definitely one hell of a coincidence if FP5 is not KOS-MOS that's for sure. Well, if things stay as they are before TGA starts, then I'm going to bet on KOS-MOS.
I mean why would they take down THAT specific mod of the character?

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS REAL GUYS THIS IS REAL

FAMOUS KOS-MOS MODDER GOT HIS KOS-MOS MOD TAKEN DOWN BY NINTENDO

https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/1205029531624431618

OMG GUYS[/QUOTE

I saw this mod on Gamebanana & it has been taken down?! Crap i really want to say KOS-MOS is definitely in because of this but at the same time i don`t want to be disappointed in the end though. (Please let it be KOS-MOS if not please let it be another Female Rep).

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Pretty sure that's her XC2 model, unaltered. And it's the one I want!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I mean why would they take down THAT specific mod of the character?
Someone may have reported it because they're aware of the KOS-MOS talk and wanted the rumors to appear more legit. I'm not entirely sure how strict Nintendo usually is regarding mod showcases, though, so I definitely think this takedown is pretty fishy.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Count me down as a supporter for Kos-Mos. Only first heard wind of her after seeing her in the same Cat leak as Reimu (sad that that was false, but still.) She looks like she'd be a solid as hell addition to the game, I love her design and I'm in love with the music of her series, plus her moveset sounds like it'd be ballistic to actually see. Best of luck to you guys who want her in!

Natlo

Smash Cadet
On the understanding that he's not a leaker and is just a YouTuber following recent trends to drum up viewership for ad money, I sort of feel bad for Jon. He keeps making what he sees as outlandish claims and they keep coming true. If we get KOS-MOS and Star Fox racing ever becomes a thing, man's gonna have to start living in a cave.

I was amused by him refering to people on "that thread". Hi Jon.

In regards to the video take down, I'd blame that on current trends as well. KOS-MOS is becoming more popular as a result of this speculation. It may have given the video enough traffic that Nintendo decided to take it down on principle.

NixF

Smash Cadet
Alright so we have sabi's source ignoring any question regarding KOS-MOS.
Verge's source being unsure about her.
AND NOW THIS.

How in the world can I keep my hype in check here??

Side note: This just screams SNK copyright mess up to me. Copyright/legal stuff is a little tricky to keep them "in sync" with things like marketing, trailers, etc.
Example: Banjo and Sans fan-made Smash remixes being taken down.

This could be legit.

Top Bottom